$1-$25 USD- Favorite budget in-ear monitors- General consensus poll- Read rules first!
Nov 21, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #256 of 320

You should have taken the chance of buying them for 18-19$ on the 11-11 sale. 

But I guess they are still great for 24$. It's just 5$ more. What can you get for 5$? 
I got mine for 21$, and they are great for the price. 

Very balanced, good tight bass, defined mids, smooth and refined treble. Comfortable, moreover! And with the MMCX plugs, which means you can change cables!

I've just got into this whole audiophile a couple of days ago after buying my most expensive earbuds till date (Panasonic HJE-120 
biggrin.gif
). Although its sound is deemed muddy and synthetic, the bass is just so impressive in comparison to my frequent used apple earbuds. I was hooked. So I'm finding an upgrade for it with more emphasis on vocal and instrumental type of music. I'm not a basshead but I don't want the bass to be too recessed. As a result, I concluded the Tennmak Pro to be my next purchase.

I have one more things to ask though, since I'm not an expert in this field. Would it perform as well on iphone and laptop, without configuring or tweaking anything? I meant that will they be as good if just plug in the laptop listening to sources like youtube 720p and spotify?

Oh and with $5, I can get the currently on-sale KZ ATR. It's certainly not an outstanding headphone or anything, but it's good for the sake of comparison.

Thanks for replying.

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #257 of 320
  I've just got into this whole audiophile a couple of days ago after buying my most expensive earbuds till date (Panasonic HJE-120 
biggrin.gif
). Although its sound is deemed muddy and synthetic, the bass is just so impressive in comparison to my frequent used apple earbuds. I was hooked. So I'm finding an upgrade for it with more emphasis on vocal and instrumental type of music. I'm not a basshead but I don't want the bass to be too recessed. As a result, I concluded the Tennmak Pro to be my next purchase.

I have one more things to ask though, since I'm not an expert in this field. Would it perform as well on iphone and laptop, without configuring or tweaking anything? I meant that will they be as good if just plug in the laptop listening to sources like youtube 720p and spotify?

Oh and with $5, I can get the currently on-sale KZ ATR. It's certainly not an outstanding headphone or anything, but it's good for the sake of comparison.

Thanks for replying.

Welcome to the audiophile illne... hum... hobby! 
The Tennmak Pros will perform best with good dedicated source components, but at 16 ohm they are far from being demanding, and will get the best out of your smartphone/laptop! Don't worry. 

I'm still waiting for my ATR coming in the slow boat from China. The KZ are great value for money. If you doubt you are making a big expense with the Tennmaks, why don't you buy the ATR and, lets say, a ED9 instead? You will only spend around 14$ or so, and get two great earpieces with different sound signatures, (and bass) and then you decide what kind of sound suit you best. Then, in some months, you go for the Tennmaks, What say you? 

Nov 21, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #258 of 320

Welcome to the audiophile illne... hum... hobby! 
The Tennmak Pros will perform best with good dedicated source components, but at 16 ohm they are far from being demanding, and will get the best out of your smartphone/laptop! Don't worry. 

I'm still waiting for my ATR coming in the slow boat from China. The KZ are great value for money. If you doubt you are making a big expense with the Tennmaks, why don't you buy the ATR and, lets say, a ED9 instead? You will only spend around 14$ or so, and get two great earpieces with different sound signatures, (and bass) and then you decide what kind of sound suit you best. Then, in some months, you go for the Tennmaks, What say you? 

Sounds great, I'll go ahead and order the ATR for now. As with the ED9 it does look sexy, and metal housing for this price is just unbelievable. But I think I just miss again a discount for it on amazon :frowning2:. So I think I'll just wait to black friday and a couple more day for it and the tennmak pro. Thanks a lot for your help.

p/s: the KZ ZS3 and ZST is on sale however, what is your thought on them?

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #259 of 320
  Sounds great, I'll go ahead and order the ATR for now. As with the ED9 it does look sexy, and metal housing for this price is just unbelievable. But I think I just miss again a discount for it on amazon :frowning2:. So I think I'll just wait to black friday and a couple more day for it and the tennmak pro. Thanks a lot for your help.

p/s: the KZ ZS3 and ZST is on sale however, what is your thought on them?

Don't have the ZST, and judging by the impressions, it could be a hit or miss.... I am waiting for some more impressions and then I'll decide if I get a pair.

If you come across another new KZ, the ED12, don't buy it. They stink...

I own the ZS3, and they are absolutely fabulous for the price! Some people complain about fitting and comfort, but I have no problem with them.  

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #260 of 320

Don't have the ZST, and judging by the impressions, it could be a hit or miss.... I am waiting for some more impressions and then I'll decide if I get a pair.

If you come across another new KZ, the ED12, don't buy it. They stink...

I own the ZS3, and they are absolutely fabulous for the price! Some people complain about fitting and comfort, but I have no problem with them.  

I've decided to go for the ZS3 instead of the ZST at the last minutes. Glad I made a good decision.

Now I'm waiting for the price drop on Tennmak Pro.

I'm just so addicted to the metal housing and looks of the soundmagic e10. Unfortunately, its price is quite steep and the durability is very questionable according to some reviewers. Alternatively, I could potentially go for the new Tennmak Crazy Cello. But again, I still have to wait to see how it turns out after the hype go away. I don't feel like risking $50 right now.

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #261 of 320
  I've decided to go for the ZS3 instead of the ZST at the last minutes. Glad I made a good decision.

Now I'm waiting for the price drop on Tennmak Pro.

I'm just so addicted to the metal housing and looks of the soundmagic e10. Unfortunately, its price is quite steep and the durability is very questionable according to some reviewers. Alternatively, I could potentially go for the new Tennmak Crazy Cello. But again, I still have to wait to see how it turns out after the hype go away. I don't feel like risking $50 right now.

You can get the sound of the SoundMagic e10 without the metal housing and the looks, with the ES18, for about half the price. :wink:

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #263 of 320
The colorfull or the black ones?
In the end it seems like we have a 50/50 situations for and against ZST (at least this is what I read in this forum)
I think I will try the colorfull ones, once they are available for the price of the others (8$ ZS3 on GB -> 12$ black ZST on GB -> 20$ color ZST on AE) unless I am not convinced by the ZSR until then :D

Nov 23, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #264 of 320
Well, I wouldn't be so sure about making a good decision, ZST are really good, I don't have ZS3 but I have ATE and ZST is significantly better.

I got it for only $6.4 so I won't be mad if it turns out to be crap. I was thinking of getting both the ZS3 and ZST but then I saw the $11 price tag of the ZST (too much for an experimental earphones for me).

You can get the sound of the SoundMagic e10 without the metal housing and the looks, with the ES18, for about half the price. :wink:

Thanks for your suggestion. But the metal housing and looks are the selling point of the SoundMagic E10 for me.

EINSEAR T2's, Boarseman CX98's, Joyroom JR-E103's, and Advanced M4's designs are sleek too, but the sound quality is not guaranteed, since there're limited reviews on those (except the Advnaced M4).

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #265 of 320
biggrin.gif
).

I had a pair of those before going into this hobby, too. Those 120s cut into my ears and were painful. I even tried sanding them but they were still uncomfortable.
I own a pair of the ZS3 and I like 'em for every day use. 
There are lots of comparisons and comments about them, ATR, and ZST at the KZ thread.

Welcome to a rather inexpensive hobby (if you're looking for the least expensive, best quality IEMs like me).

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #266 of 320
   I had a pair of those before going into this hobby, too. Those 120s cut into my ears and were painful. I even tried sanding them but they were still uncomfortable.
I own a pair of the ZS3 and I like 'em for every day use. 
There are lots of comparisons and comments about them, ATR, and ZST at the KZ thread.

Welcome to a rather inexpensive hobby (if you're looking for the least expensive, best quality IEMs like me).

The Panasonic fits me just fine, but I still have to use the smallest ear tips that they provided for it to feel comfortable when wearing for a long time. 

And yes, budget IEM is my thing right now, I'm about to buy a pair of Tennmak Pro to see if it can live up to the praise and hype.

Dec 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #267 of 320

I got it for only $6.4 so I won't be mad if it turns out to be crap. I was thinking of getting both the ZS3 and ZST but then I saw the $11 price tag of the ZST (too much for an experimental earphones for me).

Thanks for your suggestion. But the metal housing and looks are the selling point of the SoundMagic E10 for me.

EINSEAR T2's, Boarseman CX98's, Joyroom JR-E103's, and Advanced M4's designs are sleek too, but the sound quality is not guaranteed, since there're limited reviews on those (except the Advnaced M4).

The Einsear T2's are a hell of a bargain. Incredible for the price. Male and female vocals, midrange acoustic instruments and cymbals are beautiful through these. 

The Panasonic fits me just fine, but I still have to use the smallest ear tips that they provided for it to feel comfortable when wearing for a long time. 

And yes, budget IEM is my thing right now, I'm about to buy a pair of Tennmak Pro to see if it can live up to the praise and hype.

The Tennmak Pro's initially had me a bit underwhelmed as they sounded rather narrow, however, they've opened up dramatically and now I'm thoroughly enjoying them as well. Excellent for R&B, Hip-Hop etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back