「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #176,311 of 177,744
at least you have experience and understanding helping you troubleshoot. when I get involved in computer stuff, whether I solved my issue or not, way too often my final thought is:
ResponsibleReliableIcefish-small.gif

Nov 15, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #176,312 of 177,744
at least you have experience and understanding helping you troubleshoot. when I get involved in computer stuff, whether I solved my issue or not, way too often my final thought is:
ResponsibleReliableIcefish-small.gif

A while ago, the setup I was using to accelerate my hard drive stopped working and my computer won't boot past post. Got that small 32 GB ssd from my XPS and didn't have a use for it so I threw it into my main workstation.

Took me some time to get it working again after I figured out what was causing the problem. However, still haven't figured out what happened as nothing has changed at all. One day it just stopped working after functioning perfectly fine for two years. No updates or any changes that I am aware of.

To busy using that computer to try and figure it out though and too lazy to even ask, "But why?" :p

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #176,316 of 177,744
Who would be interested in participating in the AAMML holiday gift exchange this year? : D
Welp, am I too late to the party poi?

Somehow seeing your avatar reminded me there is a movie coming...

That Ingress anime actually made me kinda interested in the mobile game, anyone played that before?

Nov 19, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #176,319 of 177,744
Nope! I was going to send PMs to those who are participating tomorrow for their shipping info and gift preferences.

I've been so out of anime and any entertainment media consumption for so long, I'm not even sure if I'll know what to get. :p

---------

This is probably the first time in my entire life in which I pay attention to Black Friday sales for certain products.

Samsung's Odyssey+ was sold out the second it went on sale. Darn bots haha. Now there's other places to get it, but that was surprising.

Newegg.ca allows me to order 268 of them at once before hitting a out of stock warning. Hopefully can grab a bundle with a head strap during the Black Friday sale. If not, I'll just grab the two seperately for now. Also hope I won't need to spend too much after the purchase, but we shall see. I do hope that the Knuckles controllers will arrive within half a year...

Update: OG Vive doesn't seem to have a sale or bundle this year. Ah well.

Will order in a few days.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #176,320 of 177,744
I've been so out of anime and any entertainment media consumption for so long, I'm not even sure if I'll know what to get. :p

---------

This is probably the first time in my entire life in which I pay attention to Black Friday sales for certain products.

Samsung's Odyssey+ was sold out the second it went on sale. Darn bots haha. Now there's other places to get it now, but that was surprising.

Newegg.ca allows me to order 268 of them at once before hitting a out of stock warning. Hopefully can grab a bundle with a head strap during the Black Friday sale. If not, I'll just grab the two seperately for now. Also hope I won't need to spend too much after the purchase, but we shall see. I do hope that the Knuckles controllers will arrive within half a year...

Update: OG Vive doesn't seem to have a sale or bundle this year. Ah well.

Will order in a few days.
I am price tracking the Rift bundle on Amazon UK. Hopefully something pops up...

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #176,321 of 177,744
I am price tracking the Rift bundle on Amazon UK. Hopefully something pops up...

Best of luck. There's some deals right now, dropping it down to about 350 USD on some sites.

Worst comes to worst, you can try referral codes if you can buy from Oculus' official site and see if they work.

-------------------------

Seems that the OG Vive likely won't get a sale, so I went ahead and ordered one. Don't really care much even if it does go on sale this weekend, as I've spent way too long making a decision. Really wish the Rift was more suited for me, it's design makes it great for usability. Sadly, I can't see myself investing in it if I can only use it for half an hour without discomfort every day.

Welp, it should arrive today via Purolator. Kinda excited but Purolator has never failed to mess up my delivery at my old home. Hope this time it works out fine. :D

Also ordered the DAS and a new SSD.

-------------------------

Samsung's Odyssey+ is back on sale, but word is the back log is really severe. Guess they are dedicated in pulling this crazy sale and intends to keep it going. Lots of eyes are on that device and Samsung seems to be very confident of it.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #176,323 of 177,744
The story so far: (93 Supra restoration)

IMG_3561.jpg

We have to remove the carpet and give it a deep cleansing outside of the car, same with all the plastic trim as well because cigarette smoke gets EVERYWHERE.

IMG_3563.jpg

I'm in charge of de-crapifying any existing electrical work, what you don't see is half a dozen line level and speaker cable outputs to the old fully sick sound system, I binned them immediately.

There was a lot of RGB lighting around the cabin and under the seats, all straight into the trash.

Serenity now.

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #176,324 of 177,744

There should be a global price drop on the Rift now, I believe. Any luck getting it in the UK?

FB even somehow sent me a reminder after snooping my browsing history:

qq.png

When did they add this feature? :xf_eek:

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #176,325 of 177,744
There should be a global price drop on the Rift now, I believe. Any luck getting it in the UK?

FB even somehow sent me a reminder after snooping my browsing history:

When did they add this feature? :xf_eek:
It was 50 GBP off, so it's arriving today... RIP wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back