「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Nov 23, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #176,326 of 177,744
It was 50 GBP off, so it's arriving today... RIP wallet.

Yeah...RIP wallets. ;-;

Say, you want my bundled code for Viveport? My Vive came with a code for it but I'm not interested. It expires at the end of this year.

----------------------------

It seems the Vive indeed didn't get a discount, but Newegg.ca is bundling it with a mechanical keyboard. Have a tad bit of buyer's remorse because I could have sold the keyboard to make back a bit of money (or taken the keyboard apart, desolder the switches for some time consuming DIY project), but overall it doesn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. Also ordered a bunch of keyboard components on sale for some fun experiments.

SSD arrived and was freezing in the cold for a day in the snow. I guess the mailman was too cold to ring the bell and wait. XD Forgot my spare sata cables are right angled so I can't use them with my current computer case. Guess I'll grab a few tomorrow before I can do anything.

-----------------------------

Beat Saber + mods is pretty fun so far. Waiting for the new head strap to arrive sometime today, and a rubber cage to protect the controllers before I let my roommate go ham on it. He's very tall and has long arms, so I'm always scared he'll hit something high haha.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #176,327 of 177,744
Stopping by to say hi to the AAMML frens. I don't think I'll buy anything this Cyber Monday for the first time in years. I do need a few things but meh, not really all that much savings to be had.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #176,331 of 177,744
Also want a usb c cable. Might get it in the future as it's not urgent and spent quite a bit last weekend.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #176,335 of 177,744
I bought pre-black Friday weeb stuff and a new video card so I'm spent out as well :-/

What's said weeb stuff and video card? :D

-------

As I went hunting for Secret Santa gifts today...couldn't help but pick up an SD Sinanju kit.

Was looking for one locally for a long time, as I couldn't justify the online shipping price for getting just this one kit.

Never quite liked Sinanju's design for the other grades, but really wanted the SD one for some reason.

Talking to the poor owner of the shop, it seems due to recent strikes with Canada Post, a bunch of his packages are on the other side of the country on hold, and he desperately needs them to be on the shelves by Christmas. :/

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #176,336 of 177,744
What's said weeb stuff and video card? :D

-------

As I went hunting for Secret Santa gifts today...couldn't help but pick up an SD Sinanju kit.

Was looking for one locally for a long time, as I couldn't justify the online shipping price for getting just this one kit.

Never quite liked Sinanju's design for the other grades, but really wanted the SD one for some reason.

Talking to the poor owner of the shop, it seems due to recent strikes with Canada Post, a bunch of his packages are on the other side of the country on hold, and he desperately needs them to be on the shelves by Christmas. :/

Sentai had 80% off blu rays so I bought....9?

My HTPC broke a few months ago, had been dying for a year and I could not figure out what was wrong. I've been building PCs since the 90's and am pretty good at diagnosis but this one had me stumped. The other day I popped out the gtx970 because it was the last thing I hadn't tried because I saw no reason for it to die, I don't game on it, but then the HTPC booted right up -_- . It could still be the PCI-E slot or PS but I think it's the card. gfx cards are still stupid expensive for the performance you get imo, I paid $320 for the 970 and a 1070 new lists at like $275-350 when the 2070 is out? Ridiculous. eBay had a coupon the other day for anything on the site, so I snagged a 1070ti new for $320, I think that's a fairly solid deal.

I've always wanted to build a gunpla but I chicken out every time :frowning2: Good luck with your kit!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #176,338 of 177,744
I don't think I'll buy anything this Cyber Monday for the first time in years
Meanwhile I bought an SSD. Nothing fancy, couldn't afford anything more than ~240GB, so there's that. The discounts weren't big actually, but I saw how much cheaper they are than when I last time looked at them (even earlier this year), so I guess I couldn't help myself. Guess cheaping out on RAM and not getting 16 GB shortly before their prices skyrocketed got to me?

First time I actually bought something during these sales.

I've always wanted to build a gunpla but I chicken out every time :frowning2: Good luck with your kit!
This reminds me that I still haven't finished mine. Got it assembled and primed, but not painted. It's just standing on my desk, in flat grey.

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #176,339 of 177,744
Sentai had 80% off blu rays so I bought....9?

My HTPC broke a few months ago, had been dying for a year and I could not figure out what was wrong. I've been building PCs since the 90's and am pretty good at diagnosis but this one had me stumped. The other day I popped out the gtx970 because it was the last thing I hadn't tried because I saw no reason for it to die, I don't game on it, but then the HTPC booted right up -_- . It could still be the PCI-E slot or PS but I think it's the card. gfx cards are still stupid expensive for the performance you get imo, I paid $320 for the 970 and a 1070 new lists at like $275-350 when the 2070 is out? Ridiculous. eBay had a coupon the other day for anything on the site, so I snagged a 1070ti new for $320, I think that's a fairly solid deal.

That sucks. :frowning2: Hey, at the very least, you can figure out what part isn't working and replace it. People without that knowledge would have just gotten a whole new computer, probably with an OEM markup. Still sucks though...

Well, the SD kits are quite easy to build. In fact, I usually just break the pieces off the runners with my fingers for these rather than using tools, as the pieces are quite big and tools take too long. :p

More delicate ones need tools though as pieces are sooooooooooo tiny at times.

Meanwhile I bought an SSD. Nothing fancy, couldn't afford anything more than ~240GB, so there's that. The discounts weren't big actually, but I saw how much cheaper they are than when I last time looked at them (even earlier this year), so I guess I couldn't help myself. Guess cheaping out on RAM and not getting 16 GB shortly before their prices skyrocketed got to me?

First time I actually bought something during these sales.

This reminds me that I still haven't finished mine. Got it assembled and primed, but not painted. It's just standing on my desk, in flat grey.

Got a 500 GB MX500 as I'm tired of waiting for some programs that take forever to load. Apparently pricing for SSDs will drop quite a bit, but US tarrif stuff might bring the price back up again.

Didn't really wait for sales or anything ( probably saved like 5 usd max anyways). Just finally snapped and got tired of waiting a minute or two for a few programs to boot up, especially with how often some of them crash.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #176,340 of 177,744

That is a good deal!

The RX570 has been quite good value recently, it's just a shame that going any faster starts to tank the performance per dollar, but I guess we have AMD to thank for that with no competition at the high end...

Hmm got a few Logitech G102 mice for the garage, at $20 a pop why the hell not. Apparently the sensor is indistinguishable from the current top of the line, not that it'll matter for my intense Civilisation plays...I just hope it works okay with printed mousepads. (oppai pads)
$3 for 30g of thermal paste (Halnziye HY880), my 10 year old tube of Arctic Silver 5 is almost gone. I'm gonna do an experiment to see what the improvement is.

Ordered some new helping hands, the real deal is like $80 (made by GRS) so I wonder how these $20 clones will fare, they're made for jewelcrafters so hope it's decent enough quality.

TB2QD2lvqmWBuNjy1XaXXXCbXXa_!!2534101869.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back