「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 22, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #175,351 of 177,744
Canadian's are also Amurican bruh! You're our North American little bros!

Except we have igloos and the metric system instead of guns and thus have been disowned by our fellow brother down south. :p

-------------

Wow is been a long time since I last listened to C-Pop! Randomly bumped into a piano cover of this. Thought it sounded familiar but couldn't pin point the name so I looked it up.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #175,352 of 177,744
Welp dynamic range is about average for anisongs haha, but the sounds are much less messed up this time.

Yup thats it poi.

So far my impression on Kokkoku is that the OP is nice...

So...the show is a no watch then?

Except we have igloos and the metric system instead of guns and thus have been disowned by our fellow brother down south. :p

-------------

Wow is been a long time since I last listened to C-Pop! Randomly bumped into a piano cover of this and thought it sounded familiar.

Blasphemy!

Canadian gun laws in general are more permissive than the ones in my state :frowning2: At least over there, you guys can buy new Norinco stuff

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #175,353 of 177,744
So...the show is a no watch then?
Will still continue, just that for now I'm not expecting much from it.

If you're looking for plot-based shows, I think Tonkotsu Ramens has much better potential poi

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #175,354 of 177,744
Will still continue, just that for now I'm not expecting much from it.

If you're looking for plot-based shows, I think Tonkotsu Ramens has much better potential poi
Doesn't that just mean Pork Bowl Ramen? ....if my Japanese ani knowledge isn't failing me on the Tonkatsu

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #175,357 of 177,744
Is the show worth watching?

Canadian's are also Amurican bruh! You're our North American little bros!
it's following the manga to a fault, and the manga is slow paced most of the time and could do with a little boost. the story itself could probably be turned into something like Gantz if put into the right hands, but instead the creator went with a candid and slightly dumb family. and even when something is violent, it's hard to get emotionally involved. there is some violence, and people die but you can't feel anything(the saddest stuff IMO is about an old dog dying of natural cause). it's all a little too detached in the way it's presented to us, we can hardly feel any sense of urgency or panic despite how fracked up the all situation is.
but I liked the general idea and I wonder how it ends ^_^.

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #175,358 of 177,744
Well...that would be a ....schitty thing to do.

Somebody on reddit who is caught up with the source material says that Gilbert and Violet do end up meeting again down the road so we'll see.

Is the show worth watching?
it's following the manga to a fault, and the manga is slow paced most of the time and could do with a little boost. the story itself could probably be turned into something like Gantz if put into the right hands, but instead the creator went with a candid and slightly dumb family. and even when something is violent, it's hard to get emotionally involved. there is some violence, and people die but you can't feel anything(the saddest stuff IMO is about an old dog dying of natural cause). it's all a little too detached in the way it's presented to us, we can hardly feel any sense of urgency or panic despite how fracked up the all situation is.

^

I haven't read the manga but the yeah we can't really sympathize with most of the family. The only characters that are really worth caring about are the daughter and grandfather.

The show does, like I've said before, avoid some of the pitfalls of sci-fi stuff by not trying to explain the phenomena using pseudoscience which is absolutely great for people who know better.

Jan 23, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #175,359 of 177,744
yup, I'm also one who can't stand using SF as an excuse for faulty rational. an artist has full freedom to set up a system, he can tell us that sucking meat sticks grants the power to fly for 1337minutes but only if we ride an anvil, and I'll be "ok, cool". but when one manages to contradict his own premises within the story he created, SF or not the guy is a loser and the story is garbage.
they don't know how to explain something? then don't. or say it's magic and pretty much everything is allowed. not that hard right^_^. so if a guy decides to come up with a specific logic and intricate cause/consequences anyway, it better be solid. otherwise
597.jpg

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #175,360 of 177,744
Darling in the FranXX 02:

Alright then. This show is basically "Innuendo: The TV Series" 2018.

8D2S2ZH.png

This comment basically nails it right on the head.

This show seems interesting but I don't feel like the innuendos and fanservice are a great match. But hey, at least it can't be worse than Aldnoah;Zero...right?

Anyways FranXX is okay. I want to see it get better. My hopes would be something like Shokugeki no Souma where they start with some fanservice but really dial it down over time.

Curious about FranXX.

The overall impression I'm getting is this. :p

image.jpeg

Not sure if I should invest in it.

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #175,361 of 177,744
It does. But the name has little to do with the actual content

Pork Bowl Animation :p

As far as anisong mastering goes, I really like Kalafina and Im@s CG masterings.

I do like Kalafina's music and sense of dynamic range they have. But not sure about Idolmaster lol. I watched 3 eps of CG and that's it. I've seen the regular Idolmaster that aired before CG and Xenosaga (not related I know) and they had quite a bit of compression

Dang roger. And don't turn it into Gantz. I enjoyed Gantz a lot but that man can't write endings and it's something I am STILL super salty about.

I used to think source material always superior but recently, I've found that MOAR DETAIL != Better.

I would say that Attack on Titans being the best example. The manga isn't bad. It's enjoyable but really 'averagely good' along a whole slew of other great manga out there. The anime turns it up to 11 and has amazing music OST and animation to back up critical moments the manga could never convey.

Same with Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. Anime is currently done much better than the light novel did the 12 eps it adapted....like a lot better.

Somebody on reddit who is caught up with the source material says that Gilbert and Violet do end up meeting again down the road so we'll see.

^

I haven't read the manga but the yeah we can't really sympathize with most of the family. The only characters that are really worth caring about are the daughter and grandfather.

The show does, like I've said before, avoid some of the pitfalls of sci-fi stuff by not trying to explain the phenomena using pseudoscience which is absolutely great for people who know better.

-_- Hmm, not sure what to feel about that but oh well. we'll see

Curious about FranXX.

The overall impression I'm getting is this. :p

Not sure if I should invest in it.
Lol, fits with what I've been told

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #175,365 of 177,744
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back