「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 18, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #175,322 of 177,745
a26.jpg

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #175,323 of 177,745
But, can it run Crysis??!!?!?!!?11

Who needs to run Crysis when you can have your video card play Pop Team Epic at 12k as a #goal?

26850096_1525520540888094_3368935141047526309_o.jpg

Happens all the time, ideas are cheap. Implementation, execution, drive, and deploying the idea is what gets places

Yeah. Just wondering about specific funny moments where you put the effort to plan something, working out very specific things, then just as you are about to begin production (or as you are in production), you see someone put out something or claim to be working on something so eerily similar to what you had in mind, except everyone knows them so it's easy to associate the concepts with them, and you just go..awwwwwwwww :p

Ideas and such are indeed cheap, and I'm specifically thinking of small things doable by one person, not grand projects, but sometimes coincidences are pretty interesting. :D

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #175,326 of 177,745
Hoorah for a $0.99 headphone stand. XD
lol but wouldn't it fell rather easily poi?
Stuffing mass inside might help but I doubt much due to the shape...

wow new Egoist best album is so good, remastering GJ :>

Houseki no Kuni and Ballroom OSTs are superb too

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #175,328 of 177,745
Jan 20, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #175,329 of 177,745
When the community hypes multiple earbuds from the same company but they all suck.
F0LufyB.png

but they tell me the model with the higher impedance sounded better

23yTdUs.png

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #175,330 of 177,745
Darling in the FranXX 02:

Alright then. This show is basically "Innuendo: The TV Series" 2018.

8D2S2ZH.png

This comment basically nails it right on the head.

This show seems interesting but I don't feel like the innuendos and fanservice are a great match. But hey, at least it can't be worse than Aldnoah;Zero...right?

Anyways FranXX is okay. I want to see it get better. My hopes would be something like Shokugeki no Souma where they start with some fanservice but really dial it down over time.

As for other shows this season, 3-gatsu no Lion S2 (yeah it's a leftover from Fall 2017 but who cares) is beyond fantastic. S1 was good. First half of S2 is just...wow, knocked it out of the park. The bullying arc is so real it's terrifying and introduced one of my favorite characters of 2018. This show is "a freaking MASTAPIECE". - Dunkey

Hakumei to Mikochi is great as well. Some people have been saying this might be the Flying Witch of this season. Personally I didn't enjoy Flying Witch too too much. It became one of those shows where I would skip through the episode every so often because its pace was a little to slow. I don't have that issue with this show right now though. Super enjoyable and relaxing watch.

Violet Evergarden is getting interesting. We'll see where this goes. That art though...KyoAni every time.

Kokkoku is my surprise of this season. I didn't expect much for this but it's been quite good so far. One thing I do like is that rather than trying to give some pseudoscience explanation for the phenomena, they just say "how the **** is science supposed to explain this?" which is quite great imo, especially for us engineering and science majors.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: Also good. Execution so far is great. Latest episode as of writing should make next week something to look forward to.

Beatless so far feels like garbage. I heard it's 24 episodes long so maybe stuff like the second episode can happen more often but I don't think the MC is going to be a good fit for a supposedly action-centric show.

Grancrest Senki is like Fire Emblem...animated. No joke. Not much I really like about it right now but I just want to watch something so why not.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens: not sure what to think, but after the latest episode I have a good idea as to how this show is supposed to play out now. Cross-dressing hitman is kind of a random choice.

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san: I just really dislike the MC. I think they're trying too hard with her personality. Show doesn't feel all that special either so this will probably be the meh of the season.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto: what happens if 3-gatsu was this weird ass loli harem fanservice anime. Probably going to be a piece of garbage.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:06 AM Post #175,331 of 177,745
Tonkotsu Ramens ep01 gave me such Durarara poi dejavu that I actually thought it might be the same author or at least some kind of relation.
Turned out its by another author, but Narita (Durarara author) actually written recommendation article for it, and there was a collaboration during Durarara 10th anniversary...

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #175,332 of 177,745

8D2S2ZH.png

This show seems interesting but I don't feel like the innuendos and fanservice are a great match. But hey, at least it can't be worse than Aldnoah;Zero...right?

Anyways FranXX is okay. I want to see it get better. My hopes would be something like Shokugeki no Souma where they start with some fanservice but really dial it down over time.

As for other shows this season, 3-gatsu no Lion S2 (yeah it's a leftover from Fall 2017 but who cares) is beyond fantastic. S1 was good. First half of S2 is just...wow, knocked it out of the park. The bullying arc is so real it's terrifying and introduced one of my favorite characters of 2018. This show is "a freaking MASTAPIECE". - Dunkey

Hakumei to Mikochi is great as well. Some people have been saying this might be the Flying Witch of this season. Personally I didn't enjoy Flying Witch too too much. It became one of those shows where I would skip through the episode every so often because its pace was a little to slow. I don't have that issue with this show right now though. Super enjoyable and relaxing watch.

Violet Evergarden is getting interesting. We'll see where this goes. That art though...KyoAni every time.

Kokkoku is my surprise of this season. I didn't expect much for this but it's been quite good so far. One thing I do like is that rather than trying to give some pseudoscience explanation for the phenomena, they just say "how the **** is science supposed to explain this?" which is quite great imo, especially for us engineering and science majors.

Koi wa Ameagari no You ni: Also good. Execution so far is great. Latest episode as of writing should make next week something to look forward to.

Beatless so far feels like garbage. I heard it's 24 episodes long so maybe stuff like the second episode can happen more often but I don't think the MC is going to be a good fit for a supposedly action-centric show.

Grancrest Senki is like Fire Emblem...animated. No joke. Not much I really like about it right now but I just want to watch something so why not.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens: not sure what to think, but after the latest episode I have a good idea as to how this show is supposed to play out now. Cross-dressing hitman is kind of a random choice.

Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san: I just really dislike the MC. I think they're trying too hard with her personality. Show doesn't feel all that special either so this will probably be the meh of the season.

Ryuuou no Oshigoto: what happens if 3-gatsu was this weird ass loli harem fanservice anime. Probably going to be a piece of garbage.
wow you're more adventurous than I am. some of those anime were a no go for me just by vaguely looking at the synopsis. grankrest senki is the only one I tried as a manga and... what a piece of garbage scenario. some cooking isekai stuff will have better action and more rational results.
I can't talk about 3-gatsu, my religion now forbids me to look at anything involving shogi. the last one I tried was with the girl who's parent were murdered so she doesn't talk and is a shogi champion(we all have a relation who went through such a situation). I'm always amazed by how many stories revolve around shogi. maybe it's a cultural thing, but even if it was chess that I like a lot, you'd have to shoot me in the leg to make me watch an anime or read a manga about chess.

Jan 21, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #175,333 of 177,745
Nah it's not too bad. With the headphones on the stand, most of the weight is towards the bottom, so even if I knock the top part a bit, its wobbles back in place. : D

Tonkotsu Ramen
That sounds like a good dish to eat right about now.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #175,334 of 177,745

wow new Egoist best album is so good, remastering GJ :>

Houseki no Kuni and Ballroom OSTs are superb too

Not available in my country to view :frowning2:

Is this a remastering of their old stuff or new content?

Oh I get it. Stax for Stax.

vVkoPPU.gif

I chuckled :wink:

8D2S2ZH.png

I'm waiting. Kill la Kill also had some weird moments that paid off nicely. We'll see.

Wait..Dunkey watches 3gatsu? wuuuut.

Currently really liked Violet Evergarden personally. It's meeting my expectations :)

I've personally heard that Akatsuki no Yona is a Fire Emblem anime
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/5xa0jx/yona_of_the_dawn_is_just_a_fire_emblem_anime_and/

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #175,335 of 177,745
I thought I could dedicate some time to watching Violet Evergarden (finally T-T).

Currently really enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back