「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #175,306 of 177,745
I might have officially gone to the darker side and into speakers as well now.

13 more days to decide if I want the keep them or not. But these Focal Solo6 Be are sure impressive and doesn't sound like other hi-fi speakers this price and size.

My wallet is bleeding already. IMG_20180114_153618.jpg

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #175,307 of 177,745
Tried out an old Dell Precision laptop owned by a person in class today. Man it's amazing, and with its bulk, this tank demands presence.

This docking interface on the bottom is so interesting!

----------------

Thinking of uploading quick doodles I make between school work onto Pixiv, starting tomorrow. Hopefully i can upload something once every other day. Mostly experimental stuff for relaxation so nothing too polished or complex.

Anyone here interested in following/have an account they want me to follow?

https://pixiv.me/kiwilogical

I'll try to keep my hand-holding fetish under control I promise...

._.

Yeah, I saw those at work last year, worked fairly well too.

It's Pixiv, go ham and upload whatever the hell you want haha

I might have officially gone to the darker side and into speakers as well now.

13 more days to decide if I want the keep them or not. But these Focal Solo6 Be are sure impressive and doesn't sound like other hi-fi speakers this price and size.

My wallet is bleeding already.
Well dang, you went out for this setup.

Only a mono monitor? Seems you may have space for two?

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #175,308 of 177,745
DHL is quite something, item picked up in Japan Monday 5pm. Arrived on my door Wednesday 9am. That's only 40 hours or so, 12 of which are probably in an aeroplane.

My waifu is at the proxy warehouse...so close and yet so far. I got her in 180cmx60cm, wew she's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

Jan 16, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #175,310 of 177,745
DHL is quite something, item picked up in Japan Monday 5pm. Arrived on my door Wednesday 9am. That's only 40 hours or so, 12 of which are probably in an aeroplane.

My waifu is at the proxy warehouse...so close and yet so far. I got her in 180cmx60cm, wew she's gonna be yuuuuuuge.

:D

Let nothing stop you between you and your waifu! Go get her :D

Technology and rent is stopping my waifu and I from meeting. Mai waifu is a virus stuck in a video game about a literature club. ;_;

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #175,311 of 177,745

Meanwhile, I bought a screen assembly for a Sony Xperia XZ Premium from China shipped via DHL and the estimate is 8-16 days. :expressionless:

Jan 17, 2018 at 2:54 AM Post #175,312 of 177,745
Oh my, it's been updated...

26239866_1637811786261978_8469201288883186393_n.png

^^Dat Unlimited HairWorks™ thou...

----------------------

This reminds me of that other one with Apple, where the bragging thing is how you can't see pixels due to being "Retina."

Took a look at one of those new Macs with a 5k screen some time ago.

...it was too sharp. I ended up seeing all the artifacts from the jpeg background they used. 0_0;

--------------------------

Speaking of sharp...

This new "Preserve Details 2.0" thing in Photoshop...

\(@o@)/

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #175,313 of 177,745
Yeah, I saw those at work last year, worked fairly well too.

It's Pixiv, go ham and upload whatever the hell you want haha

Well dang, you went out for this setup.

Only a mono monitor? Seems you may have space for two?
Mono monitor?

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #175,315 of 177,745
Oh my, it's been updated...

^^Dat Unlimited HairWorks™ thou...

----------------------

This reminds me of that other one with Apple, where the bragging thing is how you can't see pixels due to being "Retina."

Took a look at one of those new Macs with a 5k screen some time ago.

...it was too sharp. I ended up seeing all the artifacts from the jpeg background they used. 0_0;

--------------------------

Speaking of sharp...

This new "Preserve Details 2.0" thing in Photoshop...

\(@o@)/

22791af4-ecf6-4bfd-9908-3e2dbac53c2f
WHBQG8p.jpg

Mono monitor?
Single monitor lol. Forgive my mono language for causing this.

Jan 17, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #175,316 of 177,745
Heh, so A&J (a Japanese textiles company) whom make what people regard as the "best" dakimakura inner pillow is releasing a new flagship pillow. (that sounds funny to say)

15,000JPY with a fill weight of 3.3kg...how strange they got the idea of an increased fill weight after I posted my thoughts here... (X-Files theme plays) I kid I kid.

High quality stuffing is around $6 per kg from a local pillow manufacturer, and quality Lycra fabric (the real Lycra made by DuPont) is only $20/meter at retail prices.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #175,318 of 177,745
22791af4-ecf6-4bfd-9908-3e2dbac53c2f
WHBQG8p.jpg

Single monitor lol. Forgive my mono language for causing this.

Not enough particles. Needs GameWorks and PhysX (do games even use that anymore?).

Heh, so A&J (a Japanese textiles company) whom make what people regard as the "best" dakimakura inner pillow is releasing a new flagship pillow. (that sounds funny to say)

15,000JPY with a fill weight of 3.3kg...how strange they got the idea of an increased fill weight after I posted my thoughts here... (X-Files theme plays) I kid I kid.

High quality stuffing is around $6 per kg from a local pillow manufacturer, and quality Lycra fabric (the real Lycra made by DuPont) is only $20/meter at retail prices.

How often do you think of some idea, plan to execute it, then learns that somebody well known and respected just happen to do it? :D

Happened a few times for me when I'm writing up characters to draw. Then some art lord illustrates a character that happens to have all the ke in the same position on the character, with similar reasons why those design traits are there and the piece just so happens to be one of said famous artist's most savage pieces ever. All by pure coincidence.

Can't look like I plagiarised someone else for my personal stuff even if it's just a coincidence. Back to the drawing/writing board it is. :p

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #175,320 of 177,745
aVX5e4y_700b.jpg

Q512mfX.jpg

I really should have started watching Blend S sooner. It's so nice!

Gonna have to start that :) Looks pretty good.

Not enough particles. Needs GameWorks and PhysX (do games even use that anymore?).

How often do you think of some idea, plan to execute it, then learns that somebody well known and respected just happen to do it? :D

Happened a few times for me when I'm writing up characters to draw. Then some art lord illustrates a character that happens to have all the ke in the same position on the character, with similar reasons why those design traits are there and the piece just so happens to be one of said famous artist's most savage pieces ever. All by pure coincidence.

Can't look like I plagiarised someone else for my personal stuff even if it's just a coincidence. Back to the drawing/writing board it is. :p
Not too many games market or proclaim Physx anymore but the tech is still used in the backend.

Happens all the time, ideas are cheap. Implementation, execution, drive, and deploying the idea is what gets places

Users who are viewing this thread

Back