「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jul 11, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #173,958 of 177,744
Random, but Baby Driver turned out to be actually pretty darn good.

I wouldn't mind them cutting the last minute or so, tho.

Agreed about your spoiler. I thought it was good but the rotten tomato score is at least 15 points too high. The acting was kinda weak and everything was just held together by the (albeit good) shtick with the music.

Jul 11, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #173,960 of 177,744
I thought [...] the rotten tomato score is at least 15 points too high.

Meh. We could argue if it was Metacritic or whatever. But since IIRC RottenTomatoes is just how many critics rated it at least OK I don't care. From talking to people who have seen it and *aren't* singing its praises, almost everyone is like "it was a fun ride at least", so it fits.

Unless you're saying about the audience score?

Also, hopefully I can catch The Red Turtle. It's being shown in a smaller local cinema and they namedropped Ghibli in the description. Turns out it's a co-production between them and a French director.
It's also apparently pretty good?

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #173,961 of 177,744
Also, hopefully I can catch The Red Turtle. It's being shown in a smaller local cinema and they namedropped Ghibli in the description. Turns out it's a co-production between them and a French director.

I've been interested in seeing that for a long time but totally forgot about it until just now. Looks intriguing.

Jul 12, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #173,963 of 177,744
"action packed animation"
-Nobody

"will win a lot of awards for its dialogues"
-Someone who was talking about another movie.

"it's all wrong and we're offended!"
-PETA

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #173,964 of 177,744
eyyyyyyy.

Most epic trap this season?

latest

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #173,970 of 177,744
Don't worry we spent a page or two grilling the new layout when it happened and we weren't banned yet.

------------------------------------------------

No banhammer it seems

No, no you may not.

*cracks knuckles*

Oh snap, here it comes. Any day now

Honestly I would be a bit happy if this thread was deleted. I also want to see if deleting it breaks the website or anything like how rapid posting would break Huddler.

Wut you say m8

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back