「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 5, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #170,311 of 177,745
That dumb-looking side-mouth tho.

I don't know why but that looks completely normal to my brain.

790657953392348077.jpg

True, but das why grills are kawaii.

I've kinda developed my own hand placement over the years with both my thumbs on the modifier keys, left pinky on the Esc and right pinky on the Backspace.

D:
What do you do about all of the middle keys?

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #170,312 of 177,745
D:
What do you do about all of the middle keys?

Uhh... no.
doesn't work with 3D.

reach over with your index and middle fingers (yes, typing normal English is super slow)
but that's fine, I type way more symbols and shortcuts when editing code and I always use auto-complete to avoid typing mistakes.
I haven't done a formal analysis but my most frequently accessed keys are Esc, Tab, Shift, Ctrl, Arrows, Enter, Backspace, Brackets, n, d and o.

EDIT:
just did this for reference

EDIT2:
hey, I tried this test again using the "correct way" and I actually got a solid 30 WPM even thought it feels very awkward, this is looking good~
one problem though, my laptop doesn't have good palm rejection and I ended up clicking stuff randomly as I was typing.
typing structured documents using the proper way is also pretty hard having to reach for all the symbols and enter key.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #170,313 of 177,745
Well the side view style is stylistic and better for expressing emotions so I can bypass that lol

Typing wise I am at best 50-60 wpm, would target 100wpm but my fingers go all over the place and I don't tend to memorize the letter placement on the keyboard.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #170,314 of 177,745
  Well the side view style is stylistic and better for expressing emotions so I can bypass that lol

It is important that you know the expression his eyes are showing just as he's about to take a bite out of a dumpling:

Imagine eating that with a side-mouth.

It's also useful in case of chikoku chikoku

What's with that toast? The bread is basically vertical between her breasts but she's biting it as if it were horizontal and her head is perfectly straight.
Poor Photoshopping effort, not moe.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #170,315 of 177,745
What's with that toast? The bread is basically vertical between her breasts but she's biting it as if it were horizontal and her head is perfectly straight.
Poor Photoshopping effort, not moe.

What? I see a tilted head and a further tilted toast..... (relative to the bike's vertical plane)

I think my brain is playing tricks now, or this is like the blue or gold dress problem.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #170,317 of 177,745
  Shouldn't "P3 color" have 25% wider gamut than sRGB?

I think the percentage is just based on the surface area of the two overlapping triangles. So the two percentages don't have a direct correlation to each other for any given panel, hence we can't extrapolate gamut percentages like what I just did.

Haptic feedback (via Taptic Engine, of course) would be great to have. However, that would require two oscillating electromagnets. Probably not possible for the time being.

I just like the idea of laser-drilled microscopic holes.

DCI-P3 for cinema, AdobeRGB for print/pro displays and sRGB for consumer displays is what I think are appropriate standards. Not sure what to make of P3 Color.

P3 color is bigger in area than sRGB about the same as AdobeRGB is bigger than sRGB (it's slightly less) but extends towards different colors (towards red, some blues, less greens than Adobe).

I mean that's how all of these percentages are calculated. But yeah the overlap between DCI-P3 and AdobeRGB is the 77% I said earlier.

It'll take up too much space because the electromagnets would have to span most of the bottom of the touch bar which is already a relatively thick assembly.

Those noise cancelling holes on the Nokia Lumia 1520 and the speakers of the 920 and 1020 must make you pretty happy then.

(credit: Andrew Kim - MinimallyMinimal)

P3 Color is DCI-P3 but meant for viewing in a brighter room so it's specifically for consumers or professionals who want to color grade in a brighter room (I believe they just shifted the white point around). I think it's a good idea since DCI-P3 is the direction most of our video content is moving towards anyways. They're trying their hardest to move beyond sRGB which is something I'm happy to see.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #170,323 of 177,745

I messed up a lot in between but they only count completely wrong words so...

Edit: 132, 122, 129

I have to say I actually like scissor switches the best over mechanical if the whole goal is to type quickly (I do best on scissors, close on rubber dome, worst on mechanical). It's probably because on mechanicals the extra travel actually ends up screwing me over because because I might accidentally cause one key to register first even though I was pressing another key beforehand but didn't reach the actuation point. The excessive travel and feedback also confuses me and I blank out at times.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #170,324 of 177,745
I'm not good at typing random words in these tests. Since there's no logic to the flow of words I often have to pause and think about what I'm typing. XD
If I was taking the GRE test, in which I pretty much just spew out what my brain is thinking since I don't have much time to brainstorm, then I'd probably have a higher WPM.

Bloodbourne is $20 on Amazon. To get, or not to get? I still have MGSV and Witcher 3 I need to open...and I can't really play it in the dorm.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #170,325 of 177,745
I'm not good at typing random words in these tests. Since there's no logic to the flow of words I often have to pause and think about what I'm typing. XD
If I was taking the GRE test, in which I pretty much just spew out what my brain is thinking since I don't have much time to brainstorm, then I'd probably have a higher WPM.

Bloodbourne is $20 on Amazon. To get, or not to get? I still have MGSV and Witcher 3 I need to open...and I can't really play it in the dorm.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't like 10 fast fingers. Just trying to read the sequence of words can cause you to stumble. You can at least predict words in advance or not get confused by their ordering on something like TyprX.

There also isn't really heavy use of some non-roman characters. TyprX seems to be 50/50 sometimes selecting text with a lot of those symbols. TyprX Also Selects Some Texts That Have Sentences That Do Stuff Like This for a little bit. It's a better test imo b/c it has the least strain cognitively for somebody who's fluent in English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back