「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 5, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #170,326 of 177,750
I can't actually touch-type.

Touch-typing:

Not touchtyping (using pretty much just three fingers and thumb on either hand).

Also the way that 10fastfingers only has a double line word preview and instantly scrolls up after one line is really jarring.

You probably shouldn't get bloodbourne. By the time you've played MGSV and Witcher 3 it'll probably be on sale again anyway.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #170,327 of 177,750
  I can't actually touch-type.

Touch-typing:
*snip*

Not touchtyping (using pretty much just three fingers and thumb on either hand).

*snip*

Also the way that 10fastfingers only has a double line word preview and instantly scrolls up after one line is really jarring.

Lol what. What is that discrepancy. Adding a 5th finger cripples you by 30 wpm. Better cut it off. Kappa

I think that still counts as touch typing though. Touch typing just refers to not having to look down at the keyboard to type.

I had an upperclassmen in high school whose ready position with their left hand was WASD and he would type very slowly if he used ASDF as the ready position.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #170,328 of 177,750

I had an upperclassmen in high school whose ready position with their left hand was WASD and he would type very slowly if he used ASDF as the ready position.

When I type my default left hand position is around wasd (actually QWD)...my little finger hovers over the modifier keys permanently. 

EDIT: This is probably a habit from several years of playing MMOs where I had to lead raids and the pricks didn't use voice chat - type instructions as fast as possible, but without moving your hands away from the "ready position" so you can still dodge AOE and fire your rotation.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #170,332 of 177,750
  When I type my default left hand position is around wasd (actually QWD)...my little finger hovers over the modifier keys permanently. 

*snip*

EDIT: This is probably a habit from several years of playing MMOs where I had to lead raids and the pricks didn't use voice chat - type instructions as fast as possible, but without moving your hands away from the "ready position" so you can still dodge AOE and fire your rotation.

I know most games have the worst keymappings when combined with push to talk voice chat (usually left control). It's not that uncommon nowadays for PC gamers to have really strange resting positions when they type.

Mine is kind of modified too because I have pretty big hands. My 3rd and 4th finger, at least on scissor switch keyboards lies in that little groove between S and W for 4th finger and E and D for 3rd finger. 2nd finger rests on the top edge of the F key.

Dec 5, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #170,334 of 177,750
Dec 5, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #170,335 of 177,750
  They aren't microscopic though. The LED holes are invisible when it's not glowing.

Oh you mean the sleep light?

IIRC the battery indicator holes are always visible regardless of being lit up or not.

The only lights that get the very fine laser perforation treatment are the sleep/power light (now no longer here) and the green webcam light on metal-bezel screens.

https://www.google.com/patents/US20130063972

Unfortunately that patent lasts until 2033 so we won't get to see anything else that uses it in the US.

The only remaining product that uses it is the MacBook Air that's no longer being refreshed. The rest use edge-to-edge glass screens now and the sleep indicator is dead.

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #170,339 of 177,750
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hypershop/hyperdrivetm-compact-thunderbolt-3-usb-c-hub-for-m

looks pretty nice... I like how it serves as a docking station

I like how Apple can now just out-source the connectivity bit in their products and they get paid for it LOL

Dec 6, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #170,340 of 177,750

They aren't microscopic though. The LED holes are invisible when it's not glowing.

Oh you mean the sleep light?

https://www.google.com/patents/US20130063972

Unfortunately that patent lasts until 2033 so we won't get to see anything else that uses it in the US.

The only remaining product that uses it is the MacBook Air that's no longer being refreshed. The rest use edge-to-edge glass screens now and the sleep indicator is dead.

Oh right, I remembered incorrectly then.

wTi5mVT.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back