「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 9, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #147,992 of 177,745
More or less every bike with less than ten speeds is a hub gear one. Also really easy to see if it has one.

This type of gear became a bit of a niche thing over the years. Still the way to go if you want something reliable. the Nexus ones from Shimano are really good.

This thing here is a real beauty, but probably not within your budget.
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1164872_-1_400306__400306

You would probably be able to ride this thing for the rest of your life, even with minimal maintenance.

It's a refreshing and damn good show.

Liking so far but might go downhill as did the other, we will see.

I'm not too fond of this, not at all....

Mar 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #147,994 of 177,745

I heard on the local news yesterday that today would be the unveiling of Apple's most expensive product yet, the Apple Watch. I thought they had meant the most expensive mobile device yet. asdfasdfasdfasdf that thing costs more that a soupped up iMac 5k or Mac Pro at maximum specs!

Also, that rose gold or whatever MacBook is the ugliest piece of hardware I have seen in quite some time. D:
OH schiit! The new MacBooks have a USB C port! Dayum there's a lot of new laptop tech in here....screw Wacom tablets, the new Trackpad has pressure sensitivity built right into it.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #147,995 of 177,745
I am RozenB and now Shirobako watcher as well.

Tbh tho, tbvh, that PV looks boring.

And where is the special? I hope it's not the one with the name "Shirobako OVA 1 Exodus!" because I can't stand the Exodus.

Yes it's Exodus. I enjoyed the humor and meta tie-in to the show about making shows that made this show. I wont hold it against you though :)

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #147,996 of 177,745

Yes it's Exodus. I enjoyed the humor and meta tie-in to the show about making shows that made this show. I wont hold it against you though
smily_headphones1.gif

Let me check it now since the vid quality on 720p is kinda meh
I'll just use VLC to compesate that.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #147,997 of 177,745

I heard on the local news yesterday that today would be the unveiling of Apple's most expensive product yet, the Apple Watch. I thought they had meant the most expensive mobile device yet. asdfasdfasdfasdf that thing costs more that a soupped up iMac 5k or Mac Pro at maximum specs!

Also, that rose gold or whatever MacBook is the ugliest piece of hardware I have seen in quite some time. D:
OH schiit! The new MacBooks have a USB C port! Dayum there's a lot of new laptop tech in here....screw Wacom tablets, the new Trackpad has pressure sensitivity built right into it.

The way the Apple watch looks is also kinda terrible. Really don't like the way it curves.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #147,998 of 177,745
The way the Apple watch looks is also kinda terrible. Really don't like the way it curves.

Yeah I could care less about smartwatches in general though. The only smatwatches that look okay to me are the ones with circular displays like OPPO's just-announced OWatch since they actually look like normal wrist watches.
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/03/oppos-smartwatch-will-allegedly-called-owatch-sport-circular-design.html

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #147,999 of 177,745

The "New Macbook" isn't that bad. It's basically an overpriced Chromebook IMO. I wasn't very fond of HP and Synaptics with the ForcePad which was terrible, and it looks like Apple has basically applied that to their touchpad and keyboard (keyboard is a bit of a stretch but the super-short travel distance is questionable). Apparently laptops aren't thin enough nor light enough (also because tablets apparently don't exist to the New Macbook designers).

USB type C I welcome. Has USB 3.1 been released yet? I'd like to see a switch to USB charging for most laptops since different plugs for every laptop manufacturer is...meh. 100W is plenty for most laptops.

The idea of a smartwatch is also kinda terrible.

You can probably blame Marc Newson for that design.
Yeah I could care less about smartwatches in general though. The only smatwatches that look okay to me are the ones with circular displays like OPPO's just-announced OWatch since they actually look like normal wrist watches.
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/03/oppos-smartwatch-will-allegedly-called-owatch-sport-circular-design.html

This. I see no gain in smartwatches. It'll become a fashion statement and that's it. It's not solving some problem in our life, it might just be creating more things to worry about like having to charge another device or to not lose it (especially the price of the Apple Smartwatch).

I really hope smartwatches die.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #148,000 of 177,745
@Muinarc

................ wat imma watching ..............

First they had picnic in a toilet Then blah blah blah, now are driving through the police, hopping over police cars with a F'ing motorcycle, then the blue actually handled the .44 recoil.....

Lemme be honest here, they look ugly with lipstick on.
After they fell to the river, now dats wat imma talking about.
The ending is totally a cliffhanger tho What but overall 10/10 non-mainstream, unique idol plot plus supposed military things

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #148,001 of 177,745
Yes it's Exodus. I enjoyed the humor and meta tie-in to the show about making shows that made this show. I wont hold it against you though
smily_headphones1.gif

Watching it right now.
I really don't know what to think of it.

Yeah I could care less about smartwatches in general though.

No clue why I should buy one.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #148,003 of 177,745
  They're better than the actual Shirobako
HA!

And you are a terrible liar.

So the Shirobako special was literally the first episode of the anime that they worked on in the first season?
That a cool idea.
The episode itself wasn't really parody enough to be called a parody. Was basically just some moe-ish Idontevenknow.
The last five minutes reminded me of Blues Brothers, which saved the whole thing for me.
i wonder if the second special is going to be the second episode :|

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #148,005 of 177,745
The "New Macbook" isn't that bad. It's basically an overpriced Chromebook IMO. I wasn't very fond of HP and Synaptics with the ForcePad which was terrible, and it looks like Apple has basically applied that to their touchpad and keyboard (keyboard is a bit of a stretch but the super-short travel distance is questionable). Apparently laptops aren't thin enough nor light enough (also because tablets apparently don't exist to the New Macbook designers).

USB type C I welcome. Has USB 3.1 been released yet? I'd like to see a switch to USB charging for most laptops since different plugs for every laptop manufacturer is...meh. 100W is plenty for most laptops.

This. I see no gain in smartwatches. It'll become a fashion statement and that's it. It's not solving some problem in our life, it might just be creating more things to worry about like having to charge another device or to not lose it (especially the price of the Apple Smartwatch).

I really hope smartwatches die.

I haven't heard much news on USB 3.1 so far. I don't see why they're calling that thing a MacBook. It's thinner and lighter than the Air, but it's not the Air. I was anticipating a Retina Display Air since it's the last laptop that hasn't been converted yet......but they're still planning to sell it in addition to the 12" MacBook. Just wat. But yeah, it seems to be targeted towards the Chromebook market. I'm not sure how good its performance is since I don't know much about the "Broadwell" architecture. The graphite cooling system seems interesting though. I can't say I've heard any other computer use something like that.

I dunno about the keyboard either. Scissor keys on the current Retina MacBook Pro seem pretty solid to me. I still like its super silent operation over my MX Browns and it already does have a really short travel distance.

I don't see the great appeal for smartwatches either. I actually think all smartwatch interfaces look stupid to use; you're swiping on this tiny 1.5-inch display on your wrist, from maybe 1-2 feet away, with your arm in front of your face, as you’re walking or whatnot. Just wat. The Apple Watch's digital crown looks stupid to use too since the crown is basically right at your wrist. That would be the equivalent of trying to adjust a regular watch's time on the fly as you're moving around.
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back