「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 9, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #148,006 of 177,745
The way the Apple watch looks is also kinda terrible. Really don't like the way it curves.

Yeah I could care less about smartwatches in general though. The only smatwatches that look okay to me are the ones with circular displays like OPPO's just-announced OWatch since they actually look like normal wrist watches.
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/03/oppos-smartwatch-will-allegedly-called-owatch-sport-circular-design.html

I do like how the Pebble Steel looks.

Also, epaper on it helps with better looks (imo) and battery life.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #148,007 of 177,745
Hah but it had Dirty Harry in it! Pretty sure ep 2 will have the horse scene TYG. I thought the many instances of deus ex machina were funny, it was all very tongue in cheek... imo at least. Right away you can tell it was from the creator of Jiggly Heaven.

Mar 9, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #148,008 of 177,745
  And you are a terrible liar.

So the Shirobako special was literally the first episode of the anime that they worked on in the first season?
That a cool idea.
The episode itself wasn't really parody enough to be called a parody. Was basically just some moe-ish Idontevenknow.
The last five minutes reminded me of Blues Brothers, which saved the whole thing for me.
i wonder if the second special is going to be the second episode :|

Oh I would love to see the second ep, if they take off the lipsticks forever.
But really now, honestly the beginning isn't bad, totally not bad at all because this never happened in idol animoo.
Now they only need to bring out the tanks, SWATs or wateva, choppers and jets as planned in Shirobako, then this anime will be perfect

Hah but it had Dirty Harry in it! Pretty sure ep 2 will have the horse scene TYG. I thought the many instances of deus ex machina were funny, it was all very tongue in cheek... imo at least. Right away you can tell it was from the creator of Jiggly Heaven.

I thought the horse scene was supposed to be the last ep?
The director ain't bad,m 'rite mate? Now it does make you wanna watch Jiggly Heaven

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #148,010 of 177,745

Oh absolutely! It's as Kinoschiita (stupid HF) as it gets!

First Apple product I will buy.
Whoever designed this knows how much I love stuff like this.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/interim-apple-chief-under-fire-after-unveiling-gro,19111/

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #148,011 of 177,745
Huh, some of the Apple Watch features look pretty neat, having proper maps integration is something I'd love on Android with Android Wear, and the ability to end a call or mute the microphone on your phone would be really nice, since it's still missing on Android Wear which is fairly annoying. I agree with Mice though that doing stuff like acting as a camera remote is really dumb.
Hopefully this will help convince Google to throw more resources into android wear. :/

Lolololol I wonder how many of the rich Chinese students here at my uni that drive brand new Maseratis/Audis/Porsches/BMWs will buy the Edition Apple Watch just because they're Apple sheep and they want a gold body to match their gold colored iPhone 6+ 128GB and their new gold new Macbook.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #148,012 of 177,745
I haven't heard much news on USB 3.1 so far. I don't see why they're calling that thing a MacBook. It's thinner and lighter than the Air, but it's not the Air. I was anticipating a Retina Display Air since it's the last laptop that hasn't been converted yet......but they're still planning to sell it in addition to the 12" MacBook. Just wat. But yeah, it seems to be targeted towards the Chromebook market. I'm not sure how good its performance is since I don't know much about the "Broadwell" architecture. The graphite cooling system seems interesting though. I can't say I've heard any other computer use something like that.

I dunno about the keyboard either. Scissor keys on the current Retina MacBook Pro seem pretty solid to me. I still like its super silent operation over my MX Browns and it already does have a really short travel distance.

I don't see the great appeal for smartwatches either. I actually think all smartwatch interfaces look stupid to use; you're swiping on this tiny 1.5-inch display on your wrist, from maybe 1-2 feet away, with your arm in front of your face, as you’re walking or whatnot. Just wat. The Apple Watch's digital crown looks stupid to use too since the crown is basically right at your wrist. That would be the equivalent of trying to adjust a regular watch's time on the fly as you're moving around.
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

I'm not sure what they would call it. IMO its price point should be the lowest since it's the weakest of the three. I'd be fine with the name "Macbook" if it was the lowest tier in every way, but its all BUT price.

Macbook < Macbook Air < Macbook Pro

There was something about angled key travel to make it so you can have longer travel distance in the same profile keys/switches.

Is there anybody else here who hates wearing watches or wristbands? Most technology or stuff I have to wear or strap on or something always annoys me for some reason. I can basically go no further than some sort of mobile device in my pockets.

Huh, some of the Apple Watch features look pretty neat, having proper maps integration is something I'd love on Android with Android Wear, and the ability to end a call or mute the microphone on your phone would be really nice, since it's still missing on Android Wear which is fairly annoying. I agree with Mice though that doing stuff like acting as a camera remote is really dumb.
Hopefully this will help convince Google to throw more resources into android wear. :/

Lolololol I wonder how many of the rich Chinese students here at my uni that drive brand new Maseratis/Audis/Porsches/BMWs will buy the Edition Apple Watch just because they're Apple sheep and they want a gold body to match their gold colored iPhone 6+ 128GB and their new gold new Macbook.

Or hopefully Google will stop with the smartwatch. I'm hoping a lot for smartwatches to fail or become extremely niche. They have essentially no useful function.

Quite unfortunate that China is plagued by Apple. I'm not saying Apple is bad, but the idea that Apple = status in China is annoying.

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #148,015 of 177,745
 Apple's "taptic feedback” system is more than just marketing. A small motor vibrates ever so slightly when you press down on the new MacBook’s trackpad, and the amount of feedback is adjustable in software. With the feedback set to “firm,” the trackpad plus the taptic feedback make the trackpad indistinguishable from a standard clicky trackpad. The only difference is that you get the clicky feel anywhere on the pad, including at the top.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2015/03/hands-on-with-the-retina-macbook-one-port-wonder/

This sounds good. Alright, so touchpad is good. Really just the keyboard now and that $79.00 adapter which is just plain silly.

Edit: I just realized, are we not getting a Skylake refresh from Apple? This and the refreshed Air along with the 13" rMBP all were just refreshed with Broadwell. Hm...

Since I believe Broadwell is still LGA1150 and Skylake is LGA1151, though that's land grid array, but basically what I'm trying to say is that they probably have to do more reworking than just dropping in a new chip and changing nothing.

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #148,018 of 177,745
I'm not sure what they would call it. IMO its price point should be the lowest since it's the weakest of the three. I'd be fine with the name "Macbook" if it was the lowest tier in every way, but its all BUT price.

Macbook < Macbook Air < Macbook Pro

There was something about angled key travel to make it so you can have longer travel distance in the same profile keys/switches.

Is there anybody else here who hates wearing watches or wristbands? Most technology or stuff I have to wear or strap on or something always annoys me for some reason. I can basically go no further than some sort of mobile device in my pockets.

That's cuz you're paying for all the fancy tech in it. XD
Those ultra-thin batteries...wow. I wonder what would happen if someone did a Bendgate on that. lol

http://www.apple.com/macbook/design/
Butterfly mechanism

Traditional keyboards use a scissor mechanism, which tends to wobble around the edges. This creates a lack of precision when you strike anywhere except the center of the key. We needed to reduce key wobbling for a keyboard this thin; otherwise, striking a key off-center could result in the keycap hitting bottom before a keystroke registers. So we designed an entirely new butterfly mechanism, which is wider than the scissor mechanism and has a single assembly made from a stiffer material — allowing for a more stable, responsive key that takes up less vertical space. This innovative design improves stability, uniformity, and control — no matter where you press on the key.

I can vouch for that, at least with the very first unibody aluminum MacBook. I don't have that problem with the Retina Display keyboard on the other hand and the scissor switches on those do indeed feel much more solid and less wobbly. On the original unibody aluminum MacBook, I can press on one side of the key and it would wobble so much so that I can place my mechanical pencil tip underneath the other side.

I hate wearing watches myself. I type on either my MacBook, or the gel wrist rest I got for my mechanical keyboard. In any instance, wearing a watch would cut off circulation of blood to my hand, and in the case of the MacBook, the metal buckle would scrape against the aluminum. lol

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #148,019 of 177,745
Always love me some break out vids of them internals!
Why big screen bezel Ap? The keyboard fit is more like it, to the edge baby.

I like this photo but wish they made it look like she's coming out of the frame more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back