「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #147,963 of 177,745
Nice little roundup of the last two Death Parade episodes.
If they don't fudge up the last three episodes I might even put it in my Top 5 Animes.

Watch me cram two episodes worth of ideas into a single paragraph.
"If you can't change the world, then you have to change yourself!". This is the line that pushes Shimada over the edge. The smashing of the pucks is a symbolic act of rejection, a rejection of the detective's world view and, as a direct parallel, of the system currently judging them. We are presented with a system so inhuman that nothing less than its complete evisceration at any cost will suffice. Why require victims? Why require "the darkness of the soul"? It is not that Decim is unfit to judge people, the system itself is unfit to judge people. The concept of judging a person's life, itself, is questioned and, along with it, the fairness of the concepts of heaven and hell.

Starting to remind me a lot of Psycho-Pass...which is not a bad thing :|

Also music.

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #147,964 of 177,745

Good god, it's a ****ing green box with a picture of a bicycle on it. Do you think you should be anywhere near it in a car???
Btw I still only see less than half the bike riders in my area use the specially designated bike lanes. They really should just convert it back to car parking.

The part about stopping was stupid, but yeah I didn't know if I could turn through it to take a left turn. The friggin' thing is painted like the Yellow Brick Road but in green, how was I supposed to know whether or not you can turn through it? All the 1-way signs, left parking zones for certain times of the day, left turn light for cars and bike lane lights next to pedestrian crosswalk lights don't help either along that road.

You mean the bike lanes at University? I don't think I've seen a single biker use that since it's literally in the middle of the street. They just use the shoulder if it's there, or the regular car lanes. I'd say that's a good use of taxpayer's money; don't bother spending that money fixing the potholes and destroyed roads, make more bike lanes instead!

I'd reckon that legally, you can't turn through it in a car, but you should be fine if there's nobody there. :D
Yeah, all those stupid bike stop lights and 1-way signs and lanes that magically turn into parking spots are confusing as heck.

Yeah, I mean the one on 40th street. Adding a bike lane there only leaves like 4 parking spots near my dorm, which should make packing up my stuff fun if one of these spots isn't available :S

Close to booking flights to sakura con tonight. Just need to check one or two more things with other friends and should be good. Looking like I will be arriving that Thursday at around noon and chill out in Seattle that day. Checking into hotel around 4 I believe.

Ah nice! Seems like you'll be there nice and early then to hang out! :D

Micey chan just asked Tracy tan on a date!

O_O

It finally happened. The moment we were all waiting for.

Omedeto guys!

Lmao Bowei, Micey asked me to dinner many a time long before now. You don't know the half of it. 
tongue.gif

An suggestions for alternatives? I really know nothing about bikes so I"m not sure what alternatives are out there and available... And I don't want a non-geared bike at all, I'm going to have to climb up a very steep hill every night after school.

Ok, anything you can recommend with hydraulic breaks for the same price? The first one is a road bike btw :wink:

Go for a trusty hub gear!
I have no clue what kinds of bikes you have available over there. Every bike I ever owned was Made in Germany :|

A rim brake would also do the job if you want to save some money. I use my backpedal brake more often than my rim brake :p

Damn, I have absolutely no idea how to search for hub gear bikes on http://www.performancebike.com/ where I'll probably end up buying one :|

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #147,965 of 177,745
Wot this week Junketsu no Maria is good, the talk is epic poi

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #147,967 of 177,745
I'm so confused by Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works... it almost took a heavy SAO turn (episode 12)

You didn't think it was just going to be another blah blah, clang clang, swords cool fight fight anime like FSN vanilla did you?

Gah, I was really hoping it was going to be in the same vein as Fate/zero :frowning2:

Will wait for Season 2 and hope for the best.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #147,968 of 177,745
Nice little roundup of the last two Death Parade episodes.

If they don't fudge up the last three episodes I might even put it in my Top 5 Animes.

Watch me cram two episodes worth of ideas into a single paragraph.
"If you can't change the world, then you have to change yourself!". This is the line that pushes Shimada over the edge. The smashing of the pucks is a symbolic act of rejection, a rejection of the detective's world view and, as a direct parallel, of the system currently judging them. We are presented with a system so inhuman that nothing less than its complete evisceration at any cost will suffice. Why require victims? Why require "the darkness of the soul"? It is not that Decim is unfit to judge people, the system itself is unfit to judge people. The concept of judging a person's life, itself, is questioned and, along with it, the fairness of the concepts of heaven and hell.

Starting to remind me a lot of Psycho-Pass...which is not a bad thing :|

[rule]Also music.

Well I've give DP a shot then since the other show lost my interest.

O yeah, driving in LA, o gawd I still have nightmares!

Jk'ing but still.

Mar 9, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #147,969 of 177,745
Gah, I was really hoping it was going to be in the same vein as Fate/zero
frown.gif

Will wait for Season 2 and hope for the best.

So you want something more dark with characters right?

Wait for the new Heaven's Feel movie for the Fate Series. It's comming out soon. DO NOT look up anything about it. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #147,970 of 177,745
  Damn, I have absolutely no idea how to search for hub gear bikes on http://www.performancebike.com/ where I'll probably end up buying one :|

More or less every bike with less than ten speeds is a hub gear one. Also really easy to see if it has one.
This type of gear became a bit of a niche thing over the years. Still the way to go if you want something reliable. the Nexus ones from Shimano are really good.
This thing here is a real beauty, but probably not within your budget.
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1164872_-1_400306__400306
You would probably be able to ride this thing for the rest of your life, even with minimal maintenance.

Well I've give DP a shot then since the other show lost my interest.

It's a refreshing and damn good show.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #147,971 of 177,745
This is a joke, right?

http://guff.com/florida-officials-ban-the-term-climate-change/20?ts_pid=2

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #147,973 of 177,745

More or less every bike with less than ten speeds is a hub gear one. Also really easy to see if it has one.

This type of gear became a bit of a niche thing over the years. Still the way to go if you want something reliable. the Nexus ones from Shimano are really good.

This thing here is a real beauty, but probably not within your budget.
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1164872_-1_400306__400306

You would probably be able to ride this thing for the rest of your life, even with minimal maintenance.

Hydro disk - Check
Hub gear - Check
MTB style alloy frame - Check
Solid alloy forks - Check

If you want a bike that just works, that is like the ultimate Toyota Helix. Even if you go and do a few jump.

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #147,975 of 177,745

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back