「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Mar 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #106,771 of 177,745
  What is with the 'iron cross' though? It's a symbol that has lasted, and become the primary military symbol of Germany for the last 100+ years and is still in use today. 

What is the association of the German populace with it today? Is it positive or negative, is there nationalism with it? Or has it been reduced to one of just a regal symbol without much 'power' in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkenkreuz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Cross
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr

It seems the new German military and tradition uses a mix between the Balkenkreuz and the Iron Cross

The Iron Cross is merely an insignia today. Nothing that people get awarded with.
However, they established a new military decoration in 08 that looks a lot like the Eiserne Kreuz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr_Cross_of_Honour_for_Valour

Most people were againstthe design for obvious reasons but in the end they established it anyway.

You rarely get to see the Balkenkreuz here in Germany so most people don't really have an opinion on it.
The Iron Cross on the other hand is still regarded as something super Nazi.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #106,772 of 177,745
  The Iron Cross is merely an insignia today. Nothing that people get awarded with.
However, they established a new military decoration in 08 that looks a lot like the Eiserne Kreuz.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundeswehr_Cross_of_Honour_for_Valour

Most people were againstthe design for obvious reasons but in the end they established it anyway.

You rarely get to see the Balkenkreuz here in Germany so most people don't really have an opinion on it.
The Iron Cross on the other hand is still regarded as something super Nazi.

Gatcha, I had a feeling some 'feel's would still remain.

Or it may just be that that was the insignia that lost two world wars.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #106,773 of 177,745
  Watching Spice and Wolf right now. 
Not going to lie, but the economics portion was still really boring for me.

But I keep watching for dat tail. I really want to use one as a pillow...

To me, all this economy scheming was super interesting and thrilling :D
Different folks, different strokes.

Oh this tail....

Gatcha, I had a feeling some 'feel's would still remain.

Or it may just be that that was the insignia that lost two world wars.

I'm not even mad! I mean Germany deserved these beatings.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #106,774 of 177,745
  To me, all this economy scheming was super interesting and thrilling :D
Different folks, different strokes.

Oh this tail....

I'm not even mad! I mean Germany deserved these beatings.

I don't believe any country in any history or timeline deserved anything. But rather was a result of the themes of humanity, human will, and the type of social thinking of that time period. 

This is part of my, look at history as a textbook, type of outlook.

There were many civilizations that we would call 'enlightened' and closer to government's and countries today that were given what were called 'deserving' beatings in the past. Valiant hero's of a country tried to overthrow a government that one may considering 'bad'. But instead, were given an universally considered 'deserved beating' for stepping up out of their place. All of these are based upon the social ideologies of humanity and everything in between that a country goes through at a time.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #106,775 of 177,745
  I don't believe any country in any history or timeline deserved anything. But rather was a result of the themes of humanity, human will, and the type of social thinking of that time period. 

This is part of my, look at history as a textbook, type of outlook.

There were many civilizations that we would call 'enlightened' and closer to government's and countries today that were given what were called 'deserving' beatings in the past. Valiant hero's of a country tried to overthrow a government that one may considering 'bad'. But instead, were given an universally considered 'deserved beating' for stepping up out of their place. All of these are based upon the social ideologies of humanity and everything in between that a country goes through at a time.

The crimes the Nazis committed back then have never been universally regarded as "okay" and will never be universally regarded as something "okay".
As long as the majority of mankind thinks that something is not right, it is not right. It's as easy as that.
Some aspects of human will and social thinking don't change.
The only way to stop Germany from what it was doing back then was to give it a good 'ol beating. Perfectly fine with that.
Colleteral damage blablabla that's just how wars go. Sucks, but has always been that way.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #106,776 of 177,745
Guys, some big SAT changes for 2016 students that take it.

Goes back to 1600 points, lots of archaic vocabulary words are removed, etc.

Edit: not like it applies to most of you but just thought it would be nice to know.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #106,777 of 177,745

No, I believe technically it's a "dating simulator" game, not explicitly an H game
wink.gif

As in "it has no sex", or "it has no NSFW moments"? Because while the former I don't know about, the latter is wrong.. :wink:

The former. Clearly there are some NSFW moments, even in the Steam version.

Oh yes, and if any of you own tablets and use Excel and live near Seattle, Micro$oft is looking for beta testers or some shizzlewizzle.

I already have enough problems with Excel in a desktop environment.

I ain't going to try making Excel spreadsheets on a tablet computer even if I had one. XD

Is there any way to copy an equation format for multiple thousands of cells? i.e. When you have a cell that uses an equation involving other cells and you drag the lower-right corner down to copy the equation for the appropriate rows of cells. I made the window small and dragged the equation down about 4000 cells, which took about 10 seconds. Lol

Lol, I haven't used Excel on my tablet either... 
ph34r.gif

Ever17 spotted on SteamDB?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779438

Oh I hope so. that would be awesome. Especially if it doesn't cost an insane amount like the other ones online. Then I could finally support the creator like I've been wanting to do but never had enough money to do.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d152059541
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w82143519
$10 is too expensive? O.o

Edit: not like it applies to most of you but just thought it would be nice to know.

Dammit, I envy you kids these days.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #106,778 of 177,745
  The crimes the Nazis committed back then have never been universally regarded as "okay" and will never be universally regarded as something "okay".
As long as the majority of mankind thinks that something is not right, it is not right. It's as easy as that.
Some aspects of human will and social thinking don't change.
The only way to stop Germany from what it was doing back then was to give it a good 'ol beating. Perfectly fine with that.
Colleteral damage blablabla that's just how wars go. Sucks, but has always been that way.

My belief and studies say otherwise. That while there is indeed an innate human 'being' and thought within all of us. We, as a whole, don't have anythinkg 'real' about our beliefs. 

Example:
70 to 120 years ago. When families birthed 12 kids to have 8+ die within the first few years. Diaries and first counts show a lot of what the families went through. They did note it as a sad thing, but it was 'normal' and they went on with it. One diary entry that stood out as an example that some use would be in where one girl's sister died the day previously. She basically said it was sad, and that it kinda sucks she has more chores now. 

Move back longer and longer and human will gets increasingly different, bizarre, and 'weird'.

Eugenics. The 'foundation' and spark of Hitler's program. The USA and MANY world nations saw it as not only ok, but VERY required in a society. This was due to social ideologies that the poor, and stupid were just riff raff that need no improvement. They were like the trees (this WAS a social ideology, and can be seen in the depression of Great Britian, and in many other historic eras). 

It was only when Hitler's programme went from Eugenics to sterilization to full race massacre that it changed. And only then of course. The USA had an idea something was going on during the war, but it wasn't important until they saw the ramifications of it, which then gave the USA and some allied powers a change in social ideology. (USA, UK, FR, IT). The USSR and most parts of the world, didn't share this view. It was just death and life after all to many. Chinese, USSR, and other world programmes that didn't have this ideological shift can be seen through the tens of millions that perished in the decades after.

But then we say, how come this ideology is the 'set' global ideology today? Because of modern economics and uber world superpowers. The USA was absolutely brilliant. It took the world by its balls and was the first to utilize economics, culture, and innate human 'want' to control the world and to bend it to its own ideological power. There are studies today that cite the export of American money and culture as the predominant things that helped shape our world as it is today.

The USSR and PRC DID NOT use this sytem. Because their social ideological thought was that it was only 'economics' and that it didn't matter. Ideological thought on what matters and doesn't is A HUGE driving force in a country and its actions. This, along with various failures lead to the failure (or shall we say, savior) of the USSR, and a problematic PRC state. These countries then of course, embraced (in a way) the 'modern' ideological-economic thought and system based structure that we have today.

Which gives me the conclusion that nothing is real. It is just schiit that happened. 

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #106,779 of 177,745

I did terrible on the vocab part...I probably will with the GRE too. T_T

Stupid completely useless vocab will be completely useless and a waste of my time and brain energy. :/

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #106,783 of 177,745
  http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d152059541
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w82143519
$10 is too expensive? O.o

1) Currently, yes. I have no money.
2) All the ones I saw new when I looked last where over $70...

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #106,784 of 177,745

*lots of text*

I know what you are trying to say.
Sure, there is nothing that can be regarded as "naturally wrong/evil/bad or whatever".
But some things just should be and are close to being.

Do you have a lot of people you can talk about politics and history with?

Mar 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #106,785 of 177,745
  I know what you are trying to say.
Sure, there is nothing that can be regarded as "naturally wrong/evil/bad or whatever".
But some things just should be and are close to being.

Do you have a lot of people you can talk about politics and history with?

^

Nope, only can read about it. Nobody else has the ability to even know what the hell I am saying. 

They just do the same idiotic 'whatever' or 'commie' or 'facist' statements without knowing what the hell I am even talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back