「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #102,076 of 177,745
Well that was a nice third episode of Nobunaga The Fool. In some ways there's an air of Sousei no Aquarion in The Fool which is no surprise considering that some of the staff had worked on Aquarion before.

But I have an observation to make. One of the main themes of this show is Tarot cards and obviously, each episode is named after tarot cards (1. Star; 2. Lovers; 3. Chariot) and that got me thinking, just how many episodes will there be. If we use the Marseille pattern, there are 22 cards so maybe 22 episodes? Also, I noticed that one out of the 22 cards is "The Fool" which is card number 0 or 22 and it has a particular meaning. "It represents the newly incarnated soul, a blank slate free of the imprints it is soon to receive from the society of men" according to tarotpedia. But then in the very olden days, "The Fool" means "The Madman" if translated from French (Le Fou), which does fit surprisingly well with the main character.

Hmmm... Interesting.

So on that note, I hope the foolness of this show continues.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #102,077 of 177,745
  And to think it happened in 2011...that's the same year I watched the Haruhi Suzumiya series

Since watching Haruhi, Lucky Star and Death Note, I don't think I've watched any other anime that stars Aya.

The most recent anime I saw with her in it would by Gatchaman crowds

She was Paiman!! A resident Alien Panda!!

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #102,079 of 177,745
Nobunaga the fool ep 3 was quite good

To me, its a good abridgement between a serious show with lots of themes and a fun one.

I like and enjoy Space Dandy because it is literally a ride. But I also like serious shows.

Valvrave SUCKED at doing this.

So far, this anime has done quite well. I'm liking it. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #102,080 of 177,745
  Nobunaga the fool ep 3 was quite good

To me, its a good abridgement between a serious show with lots of themes and a fun one.

I like and enjoy Space Dandy because it is literally a ride. But I also like serious shows.

Valvrave SUCKED at doing this.

So far, this anime has done quite well. I'm liking it. 

The problem with Valvrave is that they tried too hard making it serious, so much that it looks unnatural and ridiculous I mean the political drama in Valvrave was quite **** while with Nobunaga The Fool, that show embrace its crazy, out of this world themes and makes them a joy to watch.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #102,081 of 177,745
  Monogatari series is actually on the easier side to me.. The MC's speed was somehow fast, but the CV said fairly clearly, and most weird terms get explained.
Those with lots of special terms or "dead words" here and there without proper explanation are harder to follow, like Nichijou.

Ah. Well, it doesn't help that most of my Japanese skills come from anime...with no formal training. So stuff like that is kinda hard for me to follow. 

I also try to watch with nico comments streaming by. Some kanji are synonymous to some chinese characters (which I've forgotten alot of already), which makes it easier to follow.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #102,083 of 177,745

The problem with Valvrave is that they tried too hard making it serious, so much that it looks unnatural and ridiculous I mean the political drama in Valvrave was quite **** while with Nobunaga The Fool, that show embrace its crazy, out of this world themes and makes them a joy to watch.

Yep, exactly. The Fool is doing it decently right now. The execution was a bit off during ep 3's battle scenes and didn't feel 'right', but so far, still so good.

Good evening everyone :D

I saw computer rig post so heres a ****ty pic of my tower

http://instagram.com/p/eDxPE-gp3E/

http://instagram.com/p/ahAYAfAp8Y/

I have a PC Enthusiast thread set up as well. Usually rig posts go there
http://www.head-fi.org/f/11/members-lounge-general-discussion

But its all good

My god, what are the specs?
 1200W PSU, with what seems to be Dominator Platinum ram and sli GTX?

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #102,085 of 177,745
Jan 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #102,086 of 177,745
This video is highly entertaining and I think everyone should watch it.
Kthxbai.

I'm in the process of voting for every Doujin game on Steam Greenlight.
My holy mission for this night.

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #102,087 of 177,745
  Good Lord.
I'm a bit jealous to be honest. I would never ever put that much money into a PC. But that's just me.

hehe =3 some people like cars, i like computers
  Yep, exactly. The Fool is doing it decently right now. The execution was a bit off during ep 3's battle scenes and didn't feel 'right', but so far, still so good.

I have a PC Enthusiast thread set up as well. Usually rig posts go there
http://www.head-fi.org/f/11/members-lounge-general-discussion

But its all good

My god, what are the specs?
 1200W PSU, with what seems to be Dominator Platinum ram and sli GTX?

oopsie just saw someone post photos in earlier posts

And specs are
i7 3930k @4.2ghz
2 EVGA GTX 780s sli
32gb of corsair dom plat
corsair 1200i
and an msi xpower2 big bang mobo (replacing when tax time comes as its faulty and i hate msi had got it on sale)

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #102,088 of 177,745
  hehe =3 some people like cars, i like computers
oopsie just saw someone post photos in earlier posts

And specs are
i7 3930k @4.2ghz
2 EVGA GTX 780s sli
32gb of corsair dom plat
corsair 1200i
and an msi xpower2 big bang bro mobo (replacing when tax time comes as its faulty and i hate msi had got it on sale)

basshead.gif

Holy crap....That is like ....expensive

You need to give it a proper photoshoot man!

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #102,090 of 177,745
  i am waiting till i replace the mobo, / clean the fan filters, and all i have is my s4 camera

Ahh ok.

I did the same to my own compy the other month.

I replaced my problematic motherboard with a new one from Gigabyte (just a normal $100 model) and upgraded the case and GPU's

I replaced the NZXT Nemesis Elite with a Corsair Carbide 300R, got two 7870's and a Gigabyte 970 D3P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back