「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 19, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #102,061 of 177,750

Well I guess I need to rephrase it to "I don't really like Idol groups, they're just entertainers who can sing and dance and they're just singing music that is written by somebody that doesn't belong to the group".

In short, they're just money making machines.

Exactly my thoughts.
If people like this kind of music (I sure don't), I'm sure there are better alternatives out there that are not just focused on making as much money as possible.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #102,062 of 177,750
And as for the amount of anime I have on my hard drive, I have less than 20 GB. I'll probably wipe Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and what I've watched of Clannad: After Story, keeping only Haruhi Suzumiya.

Yay, good choice!~

My jambo jet flies cheerfully. :3

jambo jet?

And as for the amount of anime I have on my hard drive, I have less than 20 GB. I'll probably wipe Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and what I've watched of Clannad: After Story, keeping only Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'm sad in remembering Aya Hirano. :frowning2: 

Apparently Aya Hirano is coming back though! :O

Holy hell you write a lot! :O

Yeah, that ink is only about $25 in the states, but it's still crazy expensive.
I use Noodler's ink and form what I can tell, it's a good value (at least here in the states) at $18 for a 4.5oz bottle that includes a free cheap eyedropper pen.

Of course I write a lot. How else would I be doing mathematics? :p

Yeah Noodler's seems pretty darn good, but the shipping costs are just too darn high from the US to the Netherlands to make it worth the hassle. There is a UK dealer, but that one is kinda expensive, and shipping costs are still 6 euro-ish.

Thinking of buying a Serwex MB, seems like a pretty good entry level flex fountain pen. It's cheap and not prone to railroading.

True. This is probably one of the reasons I don't want to major in maths. XD

It also looks like there's a Noodler's dealer in Germany too.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #102,063 of 177,750
  Exactly my thoughts.
If people like this kind of music (I sure don't), I'm sure there are better alternatives out there that are not just focused on making as much money as possible.

I don't think there are, actually.

Can you go to a maid cafe with your favourite artists?

Thought so. 
tongue.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #102,064 of 177,750
So I ordered two inks, one flex fountain pen, and an extra nib for said fountain pen. Total was about 55 euros. I feel so guilty now somehow. Even though it's not an extremely high amount, I feel like I've done something really bad. This is so weird, back when I was still into headphones I made greater expenses without these kind of feeling. Plus, a couple weeks ago I went to a diner and I spent a total of approximately 50 euros that night guilt free, so why am I feeling like this?
Have a created a mild phobia for buyers' regret or something like that? If so, how the hell did that happen?

I'm so confused right now.

I have something similar I guess. I spend on food without batting an eye, but have to dwell on every minor purchase back and forth

I spent hours trying to go online finding the cheapest crossfire adapter the other day. All in all, I saved $1.....
  I should watch that show... but I'm too lazy to try 
frown.gif

How can you not know what they're saying 
eek.gif

Make them watchable. 

Watch it then

Yay, good choice!~

I watched the entire video waiting for Aya Hirano and then read the Youtube comments (top comment being the uploaders own)

I feel guilty for laughing so hard. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #102,066 of 177,750

Oh, and I saw your thread about wanting to upgrade from the HD650; I don't really wanna post in that thread though. The Beyer T1 is schiit (quality control issues, treble spikes, etc) from everything I've read about it, so don't bother. I've tried the LCD-2 and it really is one of the more uncomfortable headphones I've tried. Probably should be avoided as well.
In stock configuration, the HD800 I heard with my O2 was just a bit bright, but with the Anax mod (there should be some threads about it around here) it should tame the brightness a bit.
Personally though, I would get either the HE-500 or Hifiman's new HE-560 that will be available shortly, or look into some STAX electrostatic headphones. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Damn everyone is suggesting different headphone :D

Im thinking of going with LCD2 with vegan pads(should be more comfortable), and maybe try HD800 with tube amp someday (the day when i get rich!)

Bahh i still gotta think about this.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #102,067 of 177,750

I don't think there are, actually.

Can you go to a maid cafe with your favourite artists?

Thought so. 
tongue.gif

There are no legit and honest idol groups out there? That doesn't seem right.

Wizard Barristers is the weirdest yet charming anime I've seen in quiet a while.
I mean, where else do you get to see the nuttiest bunch of wizards EVER, really strange spells, random mech fights, cheesy court scenes and people putting whipped cream on their rice?
That's what i call unique.

Only thing I'm still waiting to see is them actually making coffee.....
:p

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #102,068 of 177,750

Oh, and I saw your thread about wanting to upgrade from the HD650; I don't really wanna post in that thread though. The Beyer T1 is schiit (quality control issues, treble spikes, etc) from everything I've read about it, so don't bother. I've tried the LCD-2 and it really is one of the more uncomfortable headphones I've tried. Probably should be avoided as well.
In stock configuration, the HD800 I heard with my O2 was just a bit bright, but with the Anax mod (there should be some threads about it around here) it should tame the brightness a bit.
Personally though, I would get either the HE-500 or Hifiman's new HE-560 that will be available shortly, or look into some STAX electrostatic headphones. :veryevil:

Im thinking of going with LCD2 with vegan pads(should be more comfortable), and maybe try HD800 with tube amp someday (the day when i get rich!)

HD800 with the Bottlehead Crack sound really great. The combo is very euphonic-sounding, which isn't to say that's a bad thing. I really liked the K 701 out of the Crack as well.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #102,069 of 177,750

Yay, good choice!~

I watched the entire video waiting for Aya Hirano and then read the Youtube comments (top comment being the uploaders own)

I feel guilty for laughing so hard. 

Lol no, that is just an explanation for my expression I used earlier.

lololol

Yeah, this guy has some pretty funny videos. XD

Personally though, I would get either the HE-500 or Hifiman's new HE-560 that will be available shortly, or look into some STAX electrostatic headphones. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

The thing is, for me, the pads were only part of the discomfort of the LCD-2. The thing weighs over half a kilogram, and so the headband felt like it was digging into my skull whenever I put it on. The pads also push a lot against your jaw and cause discomfort. Though for what it's worth, I'm probably pickier about comfort than a lot of other people.

Of course I'm going to suggest electrostats since I own some STAX and love them. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #102,070 of 177,750

My Haruhi Suzumiya folder alone exceeds 50 GB (includes The Disappearance, Haruhi-chan Suzumiya and Nyoron Churuya-san). 

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #102,071 of 177,750
  Lol no, that is just an explanation for my expression I used earlier.

Yeah, this guy has some pretty funny videos. XD

The thing is, for me, the pads were only part of the discomfort of the LCD-2. The thing weighs over half a kilogram, and so the headband felt like it was digging into my skull whenever I put it on. The pads also push a lot against your jaw and cause discomfort. Though for what it's worth, I'm probably pickier about comfort than a lot of other people.

Of course I'm going to suggest electrostats since I own some STAX and love them. 
biggrin.gif

Ahh

Anyway, I'm sad about what happened to Aya. I was PISSED, as well for her actions.

Her we have, waifu....and she gets in a scandal....da fuq

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #102,074 of 177,750
  Ahh

Anyway, I'm sad about what happened to Aya. I was PISSED, as well for her actions.

Her we have, waifu....and she gets in a scandal....da fuq

And to think it happened in 2011...that's the same year I watched the Haruhi Suzumiya series

Since watching Haruhi, Lucky Star and Death Note, I don't think I've watched any other anime that stars Aya.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #102,075 of 177,750
  Well, you should only need subs for very text (talk) heavy animes... Like Bakemonogatari. I can never get what they say from just raws.

Monogatari series is actually on the easier side to me.. The MC's speed was somehow fast, but the CV said fairly clearly, and most weird terms get explained.
Those with lots of special terms or "dead words" here and there without proper explanation are harder to follow, like Nichijou.

AKB.....anime ewww

I like the artist,,,but the anime

I never interested in AKB, but I think the anime was quite good, or at least a nice try, especially season1.

HD800 with the Bottlehead Crack sound really great. The combo is very euphonic-sounding, which isn't to say that's a bad thing. I really liked the K 701 out of the Crack as well.

Personally I don't like HD800 w Crack combo, sounded so bright and messed up, solid state ftw =_=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back