「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #100,909 of 177,745
Headphones n stuff.
http://www.destructoid.com/premium-audio-brands-get-into-gaming-headsets-at-ces-268761.phtml

Listeneing to some Shostakovich on the bus is impossible.
One downside of classic music.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #100,910 of 177,745
  Uh...

Hint: These CSDs are very bad compared to pretty much every other headphone brand out there. Grados generally don't measure very well and I wasn't that impressed with them myself. My best advice would be to buy some HE-500s used for cheap, and then if you don't like them, sell them for what you paid for them.
You may like the HE-500s though, I liked them quite a bit personally. If you can handle grado sibilance, you can handle the tiny little peak on the HE-500 that can be smoothed out with pad mods.
Of course I also have to inform you that you can get a pair of electrostatic headphones for the same or even less money than the HE-500 or RS-1 though. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got mine for under $350 imported IIRC. And $50 later for pads I'm sitting here with headphones that have kept me happy and are keeping my upgraditis at bay for the forseeable future.

Thanks for the info. Although I will say that I don't mind if a headphone is colored, as long as I like the sound. I am not partial to neutrality or anything. =P And I would love to get a pair of electrostats, but I don't have an amp to power them, and I also wanted to use whatever headphones I get in a semi-portable setup. On that note, I am getting the HE-500's right now from either Head-Direct or Moon-Audio. Thanks for the recommendations everyone. :)

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #100,911 of 177,745

Thanks for the info. Although I will say that I don't mind if a headphone is colored, as long as I like the sound. I am not partial to neutrality or anything. =P And I would love to get a pair of electrostats, but I don't have an amp to power them, and I also wanted to use whatever headphones I get in a semi-portable setup. On that note, I am getting the HE-500's right now from either Head-Direct or Moon-Audio. Thanks for the recommendations everyone. :)

Slightly jealous.
I would love to try them but besides that, I'm not planning to get myself a desktop rig anytime soon.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #100,912 of 177,745
There isn't one song on here that's quite as good as "get lucky"

One

More

Time

But yeah, RAM was a fine album, but Discovery and Homework top it.
Also, Discovery is still housey, while RAM is just plain Synth Disco/Funky Disco/whatever.

That's why I like RAM.

DAT sin-tuh-siser!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m4ZkEqQrn0[/video]

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #100,913 of 177,745
Eeeeeewwwww what are these things?!

Character designs like these are just...no.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #100,915 of 177,745
Sometimes the lack of foresight I have is incredible, especially for very obvious things.

So, about two months ago one side of my in-ears started to come apart. Duct tape is my good friend though, so that was an easy enough fix.

That works for a while, I had to switch the tape occasionally but otherwise things were fine. Instead of thinking "oh, they're falling apart. I should probably get new ones, which will mean saving money" I completely toss that out the window and preorder the Bravely Default collectors edition. The total for that came to an ugly $54.34, basically all of the Christmas money that my parents gave me.
Unsurprisingly, the side of the in-ears that was coming apart completely stopped working. Guess it's time to save money to find some other in-ears that I like. I still have my full size headphones at least. And I probably will have no regrets with the game since I'm enjoying the demo. But I'm still not sure how I just decided that nothing bad would happen when I first had to fix them.

In actual anime news, I keep putting off finishing FMA Brotherhood. I'm like, five episodes from the end and continue getting distracted by other shows.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #100,916 of 177,745
Already through Bravely Default (EU ftw).
Great great game. It's like playing FF9 or so again :)

Any idea what IEMs you will be saving money for?

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #100,917 of 177,745
  Already through Bravely Default (EU ftw).
Great great game. It's like playing FF9 or so again :)

Any idea what IEMs you will be saving money for?

I'm seriously loving the demo. I'm addicted already haha. I've only played two FF games, neither all the way through.

Not sure yet. I have a $50 limit probably, my boyfriend doesn't know much about that price range so he's not a ton of help. Considering the RHA MA350s, the 3 year warranty is tempting, but I've heard terrible things about the cable so I'm not sure.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #100,918 of 177,745

My total list (ongoing + upcoming for this season) is 35. And school is starting soon. damn. DX

Yeah it's a curse. Mine is up to 39, but I can't post a fancy pic like boris did from work (link in signature). Are you going to UofA (or still in HS)? That's where I went :wink:

@MechG: Yeah that keyboard seems like the kind of "idea" you would want, if it actually worked. I am thinking I might try to remote in to the HTPC with my tablet and use the touch screen as my input, don't know how smooth that would be though.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #100,919 of 177,745

I agree, never liked it.... that's why it took me until last month to watch Kanon (which was pretty good).... but those derpy eyes man......

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #100,920 of 177,745

I'm seriously loving the demo. I'm addicted already haha. I've only played two FF games, neither all the way through.

Not sure yet. I have a $50 limit probably, my boyfriend doesn't know much about that price range so he's not a ton of help. Considering the RHA MA350s, the 3 year warranty is tempting, but I've heard terrible things about the cable so I'm not sure.

To be honest, some of the 20 jobs are a bit useless, while others are just super awesome. But I guess it's really not that easy to balance so many.
There is one part later in the story that made me think "Really? That's cheap", but that's about as much
critic as I can come up with :p
Awesome game. Probably my favorite 3DS game.
Oh and a round of applause for the Japanese Voices option :)

I agree, never liked it.... that's why it took me until last month to watch Kanon (which was pretty good).... but those derpy eyes man......

Creepy bug-people from outer space.
Disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back