「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #100,893 of 177,750

Heavy headphones don't tend to bother me too much. And I was also looking at the HD700 if you have any thoughts on that. 

Nope, haven't tried it, not sure if ever will..

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #100,894 of 177,750

I dunno, I probably just need a refresher on exactly what canon is. Pretty sure this isn't following the source material though.

Yay!!!
Now the website needs to come back too.

beerchug.gif

Dat face does not suggest friendship... >.>

Canon is whatever the main author decides to be 'true' events and storyline. Meaning the main 'series'.

My face always means friendship :D

I'm doubting this is canon then, unless the LN author wrote the script to the game as well.

Nah, that face looked like more of an ahegao than anything... 

Bowei's face when he finds something he likes. Or dislikes.

I just made that face just now

I had to flip through Episodes 12, 1, 2 of White Album 2.

I've decided to buy another $1 mousepad as the code for one just came up :)

I've decided I want WA2 on it, but not prominently featuring the characters. I've spent the last hour hunting for good size, ratio, and just dam good pics for the mouse pad

These and a combo of these have been my candidates

Watching throgh a bit of WA2 again made me realize just how much I loved the how, and so I made the face featured above lol :D

Dayum, nice. I'm still not sure what to get on mine. Or rather I haven't really even looked because I've been too exhausted being sick and all that.

Jammin' along to the addictive bass line in "Voyager," eh?
tongue.gif

Lamy brand extra fine tip is extra fine indeed. I might get one at $37 for the Vista.
tongue.gif

Indeed. I think this album has more good songs than RAM. There isn't one song on here that's quite as good as "get lucky", but if I had to listen to one whole album, I'd probably prefer discovery.

Are they really that fine? I was considering getting one for my Al-star from the university bookstore...
Ooh, only $24 from Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-Safari-Vista-Fountain-Pen/dp/B0002T406O
I was considering buying one of these too before I went with my Al-star.

a Sony XB500 sighting (poor choice of headphones for studying English, with all that bass)

Lol, no wonder he couldn't understand anything, the bass was getting in the way! :p

On a more audio related note, I have completely changed my choice of products. I am now going to get the Grado RS1i (which I got to demo the other day from a shop in San Fran, and I really liked how dynamic they were), and the Schiit Audio Modi and Magni DAC/Amp combo. If anyone has anything better they would like to recommend, feel free. I would certainly appreciate it.

Uh...

Hint: These CSDs are very bad compared to pretty much every other headphone brand out there. Grados generally don't measure very well and I wasn't that impressed with them myself. My best advice would be to buy some HE-500s used for cheap, and then if you don't like them, sell them for what you paid for them.
You may like the HE-500s though, I liked them quite a bit personally. If you can handle grado sibilance, you can handle the tiny little peak on the HE-500 that can be smoothed out with pad mods.
Of course I also have to inform you that you can get a pair of electrostatic headphones for the same or even less money than the HE-500 or RS-1 though. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I got mine for under $350 imported IIRC. And $50 later for pads I'm sitting here with headphones that have kept me happy and are keeping my upgraditis at bay for the forseeable future.

Time to TROLOLOLOL?

http://www.fee.org/publications/page/are-we-good-enough-for-liberty-giveaway#axzz2pyOaXL00

A new freebie popped up on Reddit. Free economics book (PHYSICAL) sent entirely for free. You can receive up to 20 free copies.

It's a libertarian-economics books. Most say its an interesting read, but is very faulty and ill-appliable to the 'real' world. 

Either way. I'm shoving these under people's doors in my house with notes that call it the 'new semesters' mandatory book 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Lol, I ordered one as well with spam info and my uni address. :D

This reminds me of something Atom gave me last year. He went to his friend's college and they were giving out libertarian books about how bad Obama was or something like that. I don't mind it though because I'm actually pretty libertarian.

Looks like Hifiman may finally be introducing some new electrostats? 
eek.gif

@Muinarc I just realized you asked me what keyboard I use for my HTPC. This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/FE01-BL-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Touchpad-Black/dp/B003UE52ME
It's piece of crap though, lol. I only bought it because it was the cheapest thing with a backlight. Too bad the backlight sucks though and it eventually died. The trackpad is also beyond horrific.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #100,895 of 177,750
[CONTENTEMBED=/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/100860#post_10149367 layout=inline] [/CONTENTEMBED]
Jammin' along to the addictive bass line in "Voyager," eh?
:p

Lamy brand extra fine tip is extra fine indeed. I might get one at $37 for the Vista.
:p

Indeed. I think this album has more good songs than RAM. There isn't one song on here that's quite as good as "get lucky", but if I had to listen to one whole album, I'd probably prefer discovery.

Are they really that fine? I was considering getting one for my Al-star from the university bookstore...
Ooh, only $24 from Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-Safari-Vista-Fountain-Pen/dp/B0002T406O
I was considering buying one of these too before I went with my Al-star.

[rule]Looks like Hifiman may finally be introducing some new electrostats? :eek:

HiFiMAN needs to hire an industrial engineer...this and their newer line of headphones, and their 5-inch thick so-called portable media players from the '80s look pretty ugly.

And what you see in that photo is what I tried at the bookstore today. You can go up to the info/pen desk and ask if you can try the extra fine nib. For me, they brought out one of the aluminum Lamy pens and they dipped the extra fine tip in the ink. It was a bit rough on that standard spiral-bound notebook paper with the ink-dipped tip, but I would imagine it's smoother with the actual ink cartridge.

Wait, it was the Al-Star pen they let me use. XD
http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-Fountain-Pen-Al-Star-Aluminum/dp/B0002T3ZXS

And yeah, I like Discovery's tracks a lot too. They don't sound as dynamic as the ones from RAM, but they're more fun I think.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #100,897 of 177,750

HiFiMAN needs to hire an industrial engineer...this and their newer line of headphones, and their 5-inch thick so-called portable media players from the '80s look pretty ugly.

And what you see in that photo is what I tried at the bookstore today. You can go up to the info/pen desk and ask if you can try the extra fine nib. For me, they brought out one of the aluminum Lamy pens and they dipped the extra fine tip in the ink. It was a bit rough on that standard spiral-bound notebook paper with the ink-dipped tip, but I would imagine it's smoother with the actual ink cartridge.

Wait, it was the Al-Star pen they let me use. XD
http://www.amazon.com/Lamy-Fountain-Pen-Al-Star-Aluminum/dp/B0002T3ZXS

And yeah, I like Discovery's tracks a lot too. They don't sound as dynamic as the ones from RAM, but they're more fun I think.

Meh, their headphones don't look bad, but their players definitely look like schiit.

Ahh, that's right. Last time I went in there they didn't have any in stock.
The Al-star is pretty decent, but the metal feels cheap and really easy to scratch.

Yup, more of the tracks are fun for sure.

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #100,898 of 177,750
My main problem with Hifiman's headphones is the weight, and it seems they finally managed to fix it(?), their new designs are passable to me.

And I welcome more new electrostats to the market as long as they can run off stax pro bias :D
bought a KGSSHV recently but still don't have any electrostats to use with orz

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #100,900 of 177,750
  I welcome more new electrostats to the market as long as they can run off stax pro bias :D
bought a KGSSHV recently but still don't have any electrostats to use with orz

lol why did you buy it in the first place......
I guess you're one of those guys with an indestructible bank acc like deadly here....

Jan 10, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #100,901 of 177,750
To defend myself orz, I didn't pay really high price for it, lower than what I paid for HD800. The saler built himself another amp for his 007mk1..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back