「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #100,877 of 177,750

My total list (ongoing + upcoming for this season) is 35. And school is starting soon. damn. DX

School's started for me....  : |
and I'm working on a few projects... 
enjoying my life~ XDD

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #100,879 of 177,750
  School's started for me....  : |
and I'm working on a few projects... 
enjoying my life~ XDD

Can't not watch that anime. It simply isn't an option. On an even better note, I am picking up new headphones from a store tomorrow. So not only do I get to watch a bunch of awesome anime, I also get new headphones. Best vacation ever. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #100,880 of 177,750

Can't not watch that anime. It simply isn't an option. On an even better note, I am picking up new headphones from a store tomorrow. So not only do I get to watch a bunch of awesome anime, I also get new headphones. Best vacation ever. 

Haha, decided what to get?

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #100,881 of 177,750
  Haha, decided what to get?

Grado RS1i. I got to demo them yesterday at a store here in San Fran, and I absolutely loved how dynamic they were. A little more sibilance than I enjoy at moderately high volumes, but not so bad that they annoy me. The bass could be better, but still had some decent impact, and was quite tight. Unfortunately, it would be a huge hassle to demo the He-500s, otherwise I was considering those as well. 

I was also thinking of getting the Schiit Audio Modi and Magni because they are apparently quite decent and also well within my price range. Unfortunately, I don't know how well they mesh with the RS1is. Would you have any thoughts on that?

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #100,882 of 177,750

Grado RS1i. I got to demo them yesterday at a store here in San Fran, and I absolutely loved how dynamic they were. A little more sibilance than I enjoy at moderately high volumes, but not so bad that they annoy me. The bass could be better, but still had some decent impact. Unfortunately, it would be a huge hassle to demo the He-500s, otherwise I was considering those as well. 

I was also thinking of getting the Schiit Audio Modi and Magni because they are apparently quite decent and also well within my price range. Unfortunately, I don't know how well they mesh with the RS1is. Would you have any thoughts on that?

Nice!!

Sorry, I have no experience with schiit products....

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #100,884 of 177,750
Rather plain, but gonna continue none the less.

Say that. One more time. 
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #100,887 of 177,750
Oh my god, I am watching too many shows this season. And of course there would be SIX freaking two cour shows from last season that are going to run over. Not that I am complaining of course. More Kill la Kill/Log Horizon/Tokyo Ravens is a good thing. But from the new season (of which I have downloaded lots, but haven't watched many, seeing as I am on vacation) I really like Noragami and Hamatora looks interesting also. Space Dandy was just a trip. I don't even know what to think about it. But that cat alien is kind of cute. I would cuddle him.

On a more audio related note, I have completely changed my choice of products. I am now going to get the Grado RS1i (which I got to demo the other day from a shop in San Fran, and I really liked how dynamic they were), and the Schiit Audio Modi and Magni DAC/Amp combo. If anyone has anything better they would like to recommend, feel free. I would certainly appreciate it.

Aww why grado... what did you try?

Btw how about k702-65th?

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #100,888 of 177,750
Time to TROLOLOLOL?

http://www.fee.org/publications/page/are-we-good-enough-for-liberty-giveaway#axzz2pyOaXL00

A new freebie popped up on Reddit. Free economics book (PHYSICAL) sent entirely for free. You can receive up to 20 free copies.

It's a libertarian-economics books. Most say its an interesting read, but is very faulty and ill-appliable to the 'real' world. 

Either way. I'm shoving these under people's doors in my house with notes that call it the 'new semesters' mandatory book 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #100,889 of 177,750

Aww why grado... what did you try?

Btw how about k702-65th?

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to try much. But I liked the RS1is, although I didn't like any of the Prestige Series, or the PS500. I wanted to get the HE-500s based on reviews, but I don't know whether I will like them as I can't try them first. I haven't been able to try any AKGs. I live in Tucson, and meets are always too far away. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #100,890 of 177,750

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to try much. But I liked the RS1is, although I didn't like any of the Prestige Series, or the PS500. I wanted to get the HE-500s based on reviews, but I don't know whether I will like them as I can't try them first. I haven't been able to try any AKGs. I live in Tucson, and meets are always too far away. 

Well, I guess its better to go safe when you don't currently have something good at hand...

Btw for HE500, weight is much more of a problem than the sound, to me = =

Users who are viewing this thread

Back