「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #96,781 of 177,745
  It all depends on how you get to Uni and how much room you have there. For me, P-H worked just fine with my setup:

If you're gonna be flying to your Uni, then yeah, don't take P-H. Something like a Leckerton UHA-6S MK2 might be a good idea at that point. But if you're driving to your uni, you should have plenty of room in that big SUV crossover thing! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Haha yea. From CA to NY is probably a long flight...

I've been eyeing that small usb Dac thing, that's as small as a regular usb. For $90..it should be ok.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #96,782 of 177,745
  Hang on, you're from WA as well? 
eek.gif
 What part of the state do you herald from sir?

"Town so nice they named it twice"
//although I'm not currently there, I'm currently about ~2 hours from Seattle. Although I wish I wasn't. Picking colleges while undecided is very risky.

One of our older cars is pretty nice, although if someone hit this thing it'd be toast basically haha. But it can take corners like nobody's business, these things were made for corners.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #96,783 of 177,745

Hang on, you're from WA as well? 
eek.gif
 What part of the state do you herald from sir?

"Town so nice they named it twice"

One of our older cars is pretty nice, although if someone hit this thing it'd be toast basically haha. But it can take corners like nobody's business, these things were made for corners.

You're joking, right?
Walla Walla (well actually College Place) is my home town! I'll be flying back on Friday!
Two of my friends there are into anime and have accounts here as well. There's @Chasenuva1 who you probably just missed for the night and Atominator99, who never comes on anymore...

Oh? What school are you going to? I'm going to UW and Atom is going to Western.
Originally Posted by EveTan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha yea. From CA to NY is probably a long flight...

I've been eyeing that small usb Dac thing, that's as small as a regular usb. For $90..it should be ok.

Yup, it's safe to say that if you're flying, don't bring large audio equipment. It's just a waste of luggage space.
The only problem I'd have with one of those dragonflys is that it sticks right out of your USB port, and might damage the USB port in the long term.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #96,784 of 177,745
I can't get enough!

I don't want to play the game anymore, I just want to listen to this amazing OST :L3000:

What the heck does "Bravely Default" stand for? Sounds like something the US government should do regarding its debt or something :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #96,786 of 177,745
  You're joking, right?
Walla Walla (well actually College Place) is my home town! I'll be flying back on Friday!
Two of my friends there are into anime and have accounts here as well. There's @Chasenuva1 who you probably just missed for the night and Atominator99, who never comes on anymore...

Nah not joking. I'm in College Place, but since that's even lesser known that WW I just say that because most people get it. I go back Thursdayish maybe not sure.
Ah, yeah I know someone on here who has an account, although not sure what it is. He's basically the reason I have an account, he's been trying to get me into headphones since he "really" got into them. He's also who I get most of my manga advice from. I currently have a running bet with myself to see how long it takes him to find my account and ask me about it.

Western. I'm trying to transfer to RIT or (even better) RPI since I found out WWU doesn't offer either majors I'm wanting. Go figure. But costs are a pain and ehh lots of that fun stuff.

gonna edit...
What the heck does "Bravely Default" stand for? Sounds like something the US government should do regarding its debt or something
tongue.gif

Bravely Default comes from the battle system I believe. "One of the core aspects of gameplay is the option to both "Default", an option which allows the player to store battle points for later, and "Brave", in which the character selected unleashes multiple attacks in a single turn." from Wikipedia, but that's basically it from what I understood of Japanese demos.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #96,787 of 177,745

You're joking, right?

Nah not joking. I'm in College Place, but since that's even lesser known that WW I just say that because most people get it. I go back Thursdayish maybe not sure.
Ah, yeah I know someone on here who has an account, although not sure what it is. He's basically the reason I have an account, he's been trying to get me into headphones since he "really" got into them. He's also who I get most of my manga advice from. I currently have a running bet with myself to see how long it takes him to find my account and ask me about it.

Western. I'm trying to transfer to RIT or (even better) RPI since I found out WWU doesn't offer either majors I'm wanting. Go figure. But costs are a pain and ehh lots of that fun stuff.

Wow, awesome! Would you be down for a little meetup somewhere? 
tongue.gif

Huh, probably don't know about that one yet. Both of my anime friends aren't into headphones toooo much...
Haha, I think I wanna do something with Computer Science, and WWU basically said "Yeah, we have that one", which completely ruled them out for me.

Lol. Is this friend who got you into headphones and gives you manga recs from Walla Walla? Might just be the same friend who got me into headphones and gives me manga recs as well. If it isn't though, you should talk to him about RPI, since he's going there right now.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #96,788 of 177,745
  Wow, awesome! Would you be down for a little meetup somewhere? 
tongue.gif

Huh, probably don't know about that one yet. Both of my anime friends aren't into headphones toooo much...
Haha, I think I wanna do something with Computer Science, and WWU basically said "Yeah, we have that one", which completely ruled them out for me.

Lol. Is this friend who got you into headphones and gives you manga recs from Walla Walla? Might just be the same friend who got me into headphones and gives me manga recs as well. If it isn't though, you should talk to him about RPI, since he's going there right now.

I went to Western because I basically got distracted with HS and went with whatever since I was undecided and figured nothing could go wrong. A week before the "hey, I think I wanna make vidya games! Or architecture!" and when I got to signing up for classes and they asked what majors I was considering all they could say was "Uh, we don't have those. I'm sorry" and told me to put whatever I wanted on my schedule.

Thaaaat he is. I'm guessing we're talking about the same person, and I have a pretty good idea of who you are because he took pride in getting someone into headphones and often called it a success. I think you two swapped headphones once or twice? Something like that.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #96,789 of 177,745

Wow, awesome! Would you be down for a little meetup somewhere? :p

I went to Western because I basically got distracted with HS and went with whatever since I was undecided and figured nothing could go wrong. A week before the "hey, I think I wanna make vidya games! Or architecture!" and when I got to signing up for classes and they asked what majors I was considering all they could say was "Uh, we don't have those. I'm sorry" and told me to put whatever I wanted on my schedule.

Thaaaat he is. I'm guessing we're talking about the same person, and I have a pretty good idea of who you are because he took pride in getting someone into headphones and often called it a success. I think you two swapped headphones once or twice? Something like that.

Video games? You should consider DigiPen. I'm a fellow Seattle-ite here too. Lots-o-people from Washington in this thread. :-o

My friend helped make this game as part of his senior project.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS4r9Fq3beU[/video]

[rule]
Bah, I'll just turn in my essay late tomorrow...I seriously need sleep. >.>

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #96,790 of 177,745
  @Evey
What NY college are you going to?

Er, I was more refering to potential colleges. I'll only get my letters in May. But the NY one I was referring to is Cooper Union. 

I'll prob get into Rhode Island School of Design pretty easily though, same with SAIC. 

It's the non art schools (like Yale/Carnegie Mellon/Stanford) that will be a reach for me, as well as Cooper, infamous for it's 60 acceptance out of 1000 applicants for its art program. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #96,791 of 177,745

Damn, what a small world it is...

I'm assuming you went to Wa-Hi then? Did you ever take Media Technology and Animation with DeBroeck? I took that my first 2 years. Gah, how do I now know you!!! D:

Probably, LOL. We've heard all of each other's new gear, except the stuff we've gotten since going away to college. And I have bought some headphones from him and helped sell some old stuff for him.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #96,792 of 177,745
  Er, I was more refering to potential colleges. I'll only get my letters in May. But the NY one I was referring to is Cooper Union. 

I'll prob get into Rhode Island School of Design pretty easily though, same with SAIC. 

It's the non art schools (like Yale/Carnegie Mellon/Stanford) that will be a reach for me, as well as Cooper, infamous for it's 60 acceptance out of 1000 applicants for its art program. 

oh nice

Dayum, Cooper Union has such a low rate!

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #96,793 of 177,745
Video games? You should consider DigiPen. I'm a fellow Seattle-ite here too. Lots-o-people from Washington in this thread. :-o

I considered DigiPen, and probably still will if these other two don't work out. It looks like a cheaper school than the others on first looking at their tuition, but I'm not positive. The whole NY thing is partially important though.

Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm assuming you went to Wa-Hi then? Did you ever take Media Technology and Animation with DeBroeck? I took that my first 2 years. Gah, how do I now know you!!! D:

Probably, LOL. We've heard all of each other's new gear, except the stuff we've gotten since going away to college. And I have bought some headphones from him and helped sell some old stuff for him.

Yeah, I took that my last two years though. Really enjoyed it, bought the program even (reduced price of course). It was partially because of DeBroecks advice that I really began considering video games. Ah well, we didn't really know each other much. You know one of my other female friends better, I think anyway. It seemed like it. You talked computers mostly as far as my memory is aware.

I'm guessing saying that I'm his girlfriend might help a little.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #96,794 of 177,745

Originally Posted by mechgamer123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I took that my last two years though. Really enjoyed it, bought the program even (reduced price of course). It was partially because of DeBroecks advice that I really began considering video games. Ah well, we didn't really know each other much. You know one of my other female friends better, I think anyway. It seemed like it. You talked computers mostly as far as my memory is aware.

I'm guessing saying that I'm his girlfriend might help a little.

Nice. Yeah, DeBroeck was freaking awesome. He's the reason I'm probably gonna go into Computer Science now.

Ahh, you mean Kurisu-tina?
Sigh, that joke won't make any sense if you haven't seen Steins;Gate...

I only started talking to her once she was in Computer Tech as well. We still talk sometimes, since she's at UW, but not very often.

Yup, I know who you are now! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back