「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #96,768 of 177,750

Dayum, you ok bro?

Yea crash wasn't as bad as the hood looks honestly. Very low impact crash on me... I was more pissed off than anything... UGH I got finals this week to so CRAPPY time for le CRASH 

Sheesh. Glad to hear you're doing all right though.

I hate how poorly constructed cars are. They're super fragile and crumple like paper with minimal effort. -_-

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #96,771 of 177,750
I wrecked my old car during finals last year, I was really sick that day and vomited like 5x, had terrible diarrhea every 30 mins and head was spinning when i was driving home late at night. I probably shouldn't have been driving. I rear ended someone at 10 mph and it was on an incline so it crushed my engine without touching my bumper or even the other guys paint. Either way, I used to hate driving but using insurance check from totaled car I got a subaru impreza and my best friend got me into cars. Even though at times now I like to drive fast on twisty roads etc, I am a much better (and safer) driver so I think it helps to own a car you don't hate.

Dec 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #96,772 of 177,750
I can't get enough!
I don't want to play the game anymore, I just want to listen to this amazing OST
L3000.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #96,773 of 177,750
Yeah. But cars ain't cheap. Ha, you got a door ding and your paint chipped? *throws out $$$

Well that's because cars are innately a luxury if we look at the real idea of them.

GM, and USA car manu's bought out a lot of large cities light and mass rail systems a few decades ago(public privatized transportion) and dismantled them to get bigger profits with cars.

It's ideas like this that really show that for a large part of America's population, that cars are innately a luxury. VAT's, huge gas taxes due to smaller subsidies in other countries, and the increase in prices in other countries are good examples in showing how many things we have 'now' are being taken for granted. 

This may sound cliche, but your life or the ding?

Older cars didn't crumble as easilly on light collisions or small 'dings' but they are extremely deadly during huge collisions.

Modern day cars (and their engines or whatever is dangerous around the driver) are meant to crumble in a specific way that makes it so that that the car becomes a roll cage almost.

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #96,779 of 177,750
Idk, since P-H is so bulky and not portable...I was thinking of getting a USB dragonfly dac thingy.

Either way, a dac is a necessity. The macbook's jack gives off so much static.

It all depends on how you get to Uni and how much room you have there. For me, P-H worked just fine with my setup:

If you're gonna be flying to your Uni, then yeah, don't take P-H. Something like a Leckerton UHA-6S MK2 might be a good idea at that point. But if you're driving to your uni, you should have plenty of room in that big SUV crossover thing! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

This has to be the first time in recent history that Europe gets a Japanese game before the US does.
Suck on this! :D
They even have the option in there to use the Japanese names and voice pack!

Also: Welcome to this mess of a thread :3

Ah, yeah. I don't really mind though. At least it's coming to the US, that's what's important. For a while I didn't have much hope that it would.

I've posted here before, just not much because I haven't been super into manga/anime recently and have little to no knowledge about headphones and the like. Hard to jump into conversations when you don't know what you're talking about haha.

Hang on, you're from WA as well? 
eek.gif
 What part of the state do you herald from sir?

I hate how poorly constructed cars are. They're super fragile and crumple like paper with minimal effort. -_-

They crumple so you don't.
If you don't mind dying in a crash though, you can always get a vintage car like my friend did. No power breaks or power steering, but it can probably run over smart cars without getting much more than a scratch:

I wrecked my old car during finals last year, I was really sick that day and vomited like 5x, had terrible diarrhea every 30 mins and head was spinning when i was driving home late at night. I probably shouldn't have been driving. I rear ended someone at 10 mph and it was on an incline so it crushed my engine without touching my bumper or even the other guys paint. Either way, I used to hate driving but using insurance check from totaled car I got a subaru impreza and my best friend got me into cars. Even though at times now I like to drive fast on twisty roads etc, I am a much better (and safer) driver so I think it helps to own a car you don't hate.

Even with my piece of schiit car that handles like any old American car would (like a boat, AKA bad), I still take corners I know probably a bit too fast.
very_evil_smiley.gif
 Though I don't so much anymore since I haven't gotten around to securing my subwoofer yet, and I don't really want it sliding around tooo much in the back of my trunk...

Dec 7, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #96,780 of 177,750
Finally got around to watching the Steins;Gate film, only to find myself so perturbed by the ****tacular subs that I spent the next several hours combing thru the script and squashing all the terrible grammar and typos in the SRT file. Should make for a much more pleasant second viewing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back