「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 28, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #147,347 of 177,744
  This thing would sell like hotcakes if Apple would make it.

LOLZ

Audeze just announced that someone stole a quarter of a million USD ($250,000) worth of headphones from their warehouse in a breakin!

that's like...100 headphones man!

That sucks. I hope they catch the perp.

It's pretty hard to  believe 100 headphones adds up to a quarter million dollars.

Feb 28, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #147,348 of 177,744
  LOLZ

It's pretty hard to  believe 100 headphones adds up to a quarter million dollars.

Not as much when you consider that they were $2,000 to $3,000 
tongue.gif

They are packaged in easy transport Pelicans

Once you get access to a facility like that, its pretty much easy grab and go which is probably why they lost so many. Because it was so easy to just grab some and run. 
frown.gif
 One of the cons of dem awesome pelicans unfortunately

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #147,349 of 177,744

I wish I knew how to make music......
frown.gif

I'm currently using Ardour (DAW) and Cadence (Audio/MIDI patch bay) for audio related work. Both are free :D

EDIT:
HOLY CRAP!! Renoise license costs just $90? Seem like a great deal given all the features.

Well, Renoise demo only disables song exporting (not even project saving)*. The downside is that Renoise doesn't come with any synths (although some people managed to make some faux-synths with LFOs, ring modulation and other effects for fun) and the built-in effects aren't that great. Reaper is simillar - low price that comes with a great editor, but not much in terms of content (although the few native Reaper effects are pretty good. Interestingly, they offer some of them as free VSTs for use in other DAWs). Reaper is also even cheaper at $60 for a discounted licence.
I guess that's just a different approach. FL/Logic/Ableton users seem to like their built-in synths and especially effects, but they ramp up the price.

Also, since you're on Linux, Renoise also works on it. Although of course there are far less plug-ins available than on Windows or even OSX.

*my bad, also ASIO and instrument resampling. There's also added hiss with ReWire.

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #147,350 of 177,744
I'm a bit tired of animes set in highschools, but do you know what I would be super down for?
A show about a highschool debate club! Now that would be interesting.....or a total disaster.
Most likely a disaster since the anime industry seems to lack people who are able to write engaging dialogues.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #147,351 of 177,744
I'm a bit tired of animes set in highschools, but do you know what I would be super down for?

A show about a highschool debate club! Now that would be interesting.....or a total disaster.

Most likely a disaster since the anime industry seems to lack people who are able to write engaging dialogues.

Still waiting for K-ON!!! where they document the lives of the main characters as they move on with their lives.

Or Free! college edition.

I think Clannad: After Story is the only real anime I've seen where the characters move on past high school.......and I still haven't finished it. lol

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #147,352 of 177,744
I think Clannad: After Story is the only real anime I've seen where the characters move on past high school.......and I still haven't finished it. lol

That's one big reason why I like Shirobako so much. It's about people who are fresh out of school and try to find a place in the cold and miserable world of adulthood.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #147,354 of 177,744
I can't say that I've heard the Noble 4 called bright by anyone other than those who prefer deep, dark sounds. From what I heard I wouldn't call it bright. I'd say that it was clear and detailed but it had a pretty balanced sound overall. The highs were pretty smooth sounding, it was quite nice. Keep in mind this is from sonic memory dating back to October. But I remember that I quite liked the 4, and I don't care much for overly bright sound signatures.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #147,356 of 177,744
^^ how could you show up everytime I mention Noble 4 here?
Well, one thing I wanna know is the bass. I'm no fan of bass, but having too low bass isn't too good too.
If it's balanced, then I worry less about it, but if it leans to being bright, then I start to worry.
Though the mids should be superior, and that's how I like it actually. If only there's other IEM with same quality but lower price, I might grab that other IEM faster

Ho ree schiit TYG you could load headfi already?
Btw your earsonics is supposedly more expensive no? How could you get em btw? I didn't see it around here, in the glorious Vaterland

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #147,357 of 177,744
Btw your earsonics is supposedly more expensive no? How could you get em btw? I didn't see it around here, in the glorious Vaterland

God had mercy with me.
I bought them directly from Earsonics. No stupid customs shenanigans because France.
Isn't the Noble 4 also €400?

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #147,358 of 177,744
  God had mercy with me.
I bought them directly from Earsonics. No stupid customs shenanigans because France.
Isn't the Noble 4 also €400?

And here I thought the SM32 was already around that price...

Hmm... $450 but probably from China
If the seller wanted to cooperate then I maybe could avoid tax.
So yeah, more or less total to 400€ as well
Ho ree schiit mang, if only Uni Hannover had already applied tuition free college since 2 years ago, I might be able to get summit-fi IEM already
curse you Hannover!

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #147,359 of 177,744
Hmm, I wouldn't say that it was mid forward. It felt like everything had a nice smooth even sound. It wasn't as detailed as the 8C that I heard but then again I believe that the 8C has enhanced highs and separation compared to the 4. The 4 would be the one I'd buy right now if I was choosing a Noble IEM with my money. A nice, smooth balanced sound without much emphasis anywhere or sharp falloff on either end. Like you, I don't like excessive bass, it's irritating. But things that are too bright are tiring after a while as well. I go balanced sound with a touch of color when I can.

And I have no idea how I'm always looking when you talk about the Noble. I don't work for them nor do I currently own any of their products. I do covet them, though. So pretty...

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #147,360 of 177,744
  So, is the Noble 4 considered to be in the bright side?
Holy cow man, what to get in da' future

^^ how could you show up everytime I mention Noble 4 here?
Well, one thing I wanna know is the bass. I'm no fan of bass, but having too low bass isn't too good too.
If it's balanced, then I worry less about it, but if it leans to being bright, then I start to worry.
Though the mids should be superior, and that's how I like it actually. If only there's other IEM with same quality but lower price, I might grab that other IEM faster

Noble 4 can get a tad bright on bright recordings personally but nothing too bad, the gr07 I would say is brighter.

Bass on the noble 4 is decent but nothing too spectacular to write home about. For me if I am listening to bassy fun music I grab my vivo xe800 (gr07 rebrand) and for nearly everything else the noble 4 works for me.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back