「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #121 of 177,744

Quote:
Listening to magia (from madoka OST if anyone is wondering) makes me want to upgrade so bad... want more clarity!

Well that's okay though. But I am curious about some anime I didn't watch just because its a genre I generally dislike. I'm curious what's your top anime. *sigh* I'm expanding my watch list some more LOL.

That list reminds me to watch steins gate and to heart. and maybe chaos head. I forgot to add to my watch list. How are those 3 shows?

haha get new heapdhones!!! ahh

My top series: (in order)
Code Geass
Gundam Seed
Death Note

Misc not in order but still top series:
Clannad
Rome X Juliet
Rahxephan
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Chobits
Eureka Seven
Phantom Requiem for the phantom
Blood +

5cm/s 
Voices of a distant star

I dropped Steins gate, chaos head i thought was a fan service one. it was beauitful looking and everything. sadly the story for me was terrible and hard to follow...and to heart. ha. i don't remember :) just a generic romance though 

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #122 of 177,744

Quote:
Oh, awesome. Actually been thinking of picking up the program myself. I compose music and vocaloids have always been interesting to me.

If I had any creative ability in writing music, I'd totally do that myself.  I'm in the same boat as HybridCore though.

I think Vocaloid 3 is out now, and each generation seems to have improved upon the previous.  The examples I've heard of the new Gumi voice bank have been pretty good.

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #123 of 177,744

Quote:
If I had any creative ability in writing music, I'd totally do that myself.  I'm in the same boat as HybridCore though.

I think Vocaloid 3 is out now, and each generation seems to have improved upon the previous.  The examples I've heard of the new Gumi voice bank have been pretty good.

time to make some vocoloid dub step. sorry. just through of this since i read your comment while listening to "first of the year" by Skrillex and it had those electronic voices at the beginning

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #124 of 177,744

Quote:
haha get new heapdhones!!! ahh

My top series: (in order)
Code Geass
Gundam Seed
Death Note

Misc not in order but still top series:
Clannad
Rome X Juliet
Rahxephan
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Chobits
Eureka Seven
Phantom Requiem for the phantom
Blood +

5cm/s 
Voices of a distant star

I dropped Steins gate, chaos head i thought was a fan service one. it was beauitful looking and everything. sadly the story for me was terrible and hard to follow...and to heart. ha. i don't remember :) just a generic romance though 

Already planning bro. Already planning. Maybe a few months after I use my incoming E10, I'll start narrowing down what to buy next.

LOL totally forgotten about the bolded shows. Out of those I'd rate Eureka 7 >= Code Geass > Gundam 00 > Gundam SEED >= Gundam Wing. Though I can't remember much about Wing. LOL I don't think we are that differing. 
wink_face.gif
 Now I need to rethink again about my list. >_> And rewatch almost all of them to get a better assessment. GREAT! /s

Hmm too bad about Chaos gate. It just sort of pop up in my mind again. Well I'd still check it out.

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #125 of 177,744

Quote:
Already planning bro. Already planning. Maybe a few months after I use my incoming E10, I'll start narrowing down what to buy next.

LOL totally forgotten about the bolded shows. Out of those I'd rate Eureka 7 >= Code Geass > Gundam 00 > Gundam SEED >= Gundam Wing. Though I can't remember much about Wing. LOL I don't think we are that differing. 
wink_face.gif
 Now I need to rethink again about my list. >_> And rewatch almost all of them to get a better assessment. GREAT! /s

Hmm too bad about Chaos gate. It just sort of pop up in my mind again. Well I'd still check it out.

Chaos Gate is an EXTREME hit or miss. it is beauitiful and inital plot pulls on your heart strings(think ecchi, romance) but...no..sucks

I can't justify your rating of the shows in my opinion mine is different
Code Geass>Gundam Seed>Death Note>=Gundam Wing>Gundam 00>Eureka 7

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #126 of 177,744

Quote:
Chaos Gate is an EXTREME hit or miss. it is beauitiful and inital plot pulls on your heart strings(think ecchi, romance) but...no..sucks

I can't justify your rating of the shows in my opinion mine is different
Code Geass>Gundam Seed>Death Note>=Gundam Wing>Gundam 00>Eureka 7

LOL. I think I need to rewatch a few, as some of it I haven't watched for a looong time. Don't get me wrong those are still great shows, and they have lots of mechas! That alone, if I rate on a 10 star basis, give all of those mecha series a default 7. :) Then it all goes to character progression, the action, story, etc. Amazing shows. Hmm this also reminds me, have you watched fafner of the azure?
I still haven't watched death note though. Not interested in the manga, but seems interesting in the anime. Now to prepare all of that for the winter break...
Have you watched the new gundam this summer (was it summer? I know there's a gundam show this year). Some say its a miss. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #127 of 177,744

Quote:
LOL. I think I need to rewatch a few, as some of it I haven't watched for a looong time. Don't get me wrong those are still great shows, and they have lots of mechas! That alone, if I rate on a 10 star basis, give all of those mecha series a default 7. :) Then it all goes to character progression, the action, story, etc. Amazing shows. Hmm this also reminds me, have you watched fafner of the azure?
I still haven't watched death note though. Not interested in the manga, but seems interesting in the anime. Now to prepare all of that for the winter break...
Have you watched the new gundam this summer (was it summer? I know there's a gundam show this year). Some say its a miss. 

it's a definite miss.it's not a real gundam. the name is gundam age and it was meant as a way for sunrise to get the new kid generation into gundams. the majrity of the gundam generation is in their 17-40's they need new fresh blood to keep it going. gundam age was meant to bring the young generation into it. The storyline, what happened, many things were taken from Gundam 00, wing, and seed. Yeah they basically just meshed known to sell plots from their top 3 gundam series ever and thrown it into a kid friendly way. it's working though in japan for us older ppl. it's a definite miss.

Dec 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #129 of 177,744

Quote:
gah another mecha show just popped up in my head: break blade (in all its engrish glory) alternatively known as broken blade. Its a great looking show, still haven't finished it yet. Too bad about gundam age though.

:) i know of it. i've seen alll the movies and have read up to latest chapter.

Dec 30, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #130 of 177,744
Looks like animefushigi or the anime producers decided to take a break. I was looking forward to episode 12 of Guilty Crown. Let's hope Fate Zero isn't going to be affected by New Years Eve.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #131 of 177,744

Quote:
Looks like animefushigi or the anime producers decided to take a break. I was looking forward to episode 12 of Guilty Crown. Let's hope Fate Zero isn't going to be affected by New Years Eve.

nope :) the last episode of FZ was ok. not the best. but a decent ending. will i be super duper looking forward to it? not really. it's going to be 4 months. i'll probably forget until like a week before it comes out :)

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #133 of 177,744

Quote:
4 months? Really? That's very long. Hmm that'll give me time to catch up on them.

But then again I can't stand streaming and not hoarding the relatively higher quality videos. :\

hahah. i always download the 10-bit 720p ones(even if they are upscaled)

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #134 of 177,744
Just finished watching mashiro..something symphony. meh ending. Generic. It started out great. Non generic!! a main character that was different from the others. Well kinda. he's the type of main character in about 30% of harems i watch. still a small percent. So that was a +1. different meeting style and what not. +2. what they had to do at school, friends +1!...and then it went downhill after they finished the Sena arc -_____- the second to last episode was decent. had a bit of anticipation throughout it. but the last one...one thing to say. not a spoiler. but...let;s just say the last episode was put there bc they already finished everything to do with characters and just needed to add in one extra episode...nothing goes on in this one..at all.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:44 AM Post #135 of 177,744

Which company published it? Some companies are notorious with running out of budget, like SHAFT, or Gainax IIRC, for instance.

Anybody want to chime in how guilty gear turns out a bit? I stopped at ep. 3 or something, as it turned out pretty bleeeeeehhhhh. I thought it have some of Code Geass' planning vibe to it, but got a bit disappointed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back