「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 27, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #106 of 177,742

Quote:
lol i planned to watch that in my break. now I got to listen to the OP... Regarding shows thought; I myself can't tolerate harem, moe, fan service shows anymore. It's like they are gaming my inner primal emotions of sexual lust and something that governs the "kawaiii~~~" emotion. Can't they make story-driven, in-your-face ZOMGWTHHAPPENED shows anymore? Kinda like what madoka is lol. Or be so off the rocker crazy like SZS. Can't stand SoL or school life anime too lately.

But there are some gems I liked: S1 K-on! (can't finish watching the EP1 of S2 for some reason), toradora!. Just a few from the top of my head.

TORA DORA!!! RAWRRR!! lol. great anime :) I really liked the pacing :) , how they choose to end it was a little bit weak but by no means bad.

Dec 27, 2011 at 4:14 PM Post #107 of 177,742

Quote:
So basically, the Mahou Shojo genre’s been deconstructed, parodied, and now played straight all in one season.

I found this comment here: http://randomc.net/2011/01/31/houkago-no-pleiades-ona/

I know Madoka is the deconstructor, now I'm wondering which other magical girls show are the parody and the normal straight one. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #108 of 177,742
I honestly do not mind fanservice anime to an extent. I like the genre and aspect, but it's how they do it that makes the difference. For one, art style and animation is important. Really generic, stiff, and forgettable animation is a big deterrence on me liking the fanservice anime. Then from there on, a lot of little things are important. I actually feel in fanservice, directing is a big part of making it good for me or not. If you can make the characters and the atmosphere more fun and enjoyable by spending time and making them stand out, then the anime can work. Like Mayo Chiki, MM!, and Asobi ni Iku Yo come to mind when I think of more recent anime. These anime work on fanservice but still manage to find a way in my heart. It's all about how it is done, not what it is.

I actually find generic action, adventure, etc. type of anime to be extremely annoying and I'd rather watch a fanservice show. I take those genres a lot more seriously and when they mess up, it's twice as detrimental to me. That's why I hate the new Last Exile so much. It just does so little right and I can't bring myself to care for it.

Do I get frustrated at the lack of story driven action anime? Yes, very much so. I want another Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Death Note, and so on just as much as anyone else. Those anime were incredible and they stand out because of that. But there are so many other good anime out there that people just overlook because they aren't action anime that they want. Chihayafuru, Usagi Drop, and Houro Musuko are just a few examples of anime that I feel don't get enough attention and are very very good. But just because they are what they are, people overlook them.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #109 of 177,742

Quote:
which vocaloid sings that one?

Still obsessed with that song btw
wink_face.gif

Kind of surprised I didn't see anybody answer this. The singer is Rin. Check the Overclock.net Vocaloid Fanclub! for the Japanese Vocaloids.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #110 of 177,742

Quote:
Kind of surprised I didn't see anybody answer this. The singer is Rin. Check the Overclock.net Vocaloid Fanclub! for the Japanese Vocaloids.

Oh, awesome. Actually been thinking of picking up the program myself. I compose music and vocaloids have always been interesting to me.

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #112 of 177,742

Quote:
I honestly do not mind fanservice anime to an extent. I like the genre and aspect, but it's how they do it that makes the difference. For one, art style and animation is important. Really generic, stiff, and forgettable animation is a big deterrence on me liking the fanservice anime. Then from there on, a lot of little things are important. I actually feel in fanservice, directing is a big part of making it good for me or not. If you can make the characters and the atmosphere more fun and enjoyable by spending time and making them stand out, then the anime can work. Like Mayo Chiki, MM!, and Asobi ni Iku Yo come to mind when I think of more recent anime. These anime work on fanservice but still manage to find a way in my heart. It's all about how it is done, not what it is.

I actually find generic action, adventure, etc. type of anime to be extremely annoying and I'd rather watch a fanservice show. I take those genres a lot more seriously and when they mess up, it's twice as detrimental to me. That's why I hate the new Last Exile so much. It just does so little right and I can't bring myself to care for it.

Do I get frustrated at the lack of story driven action anime? Yes, very much so. I want another Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Death Note, and so on just as much as anyone else. Those anime were incredible and they stand out because of that. But there are so many other good anime out there that people just overlook because they aren't action anime that they want. Chihayafuru, Usagi Drop, and Houro Musuko are just a few examples of anime that I feel don't get enough attention and are very very good. But just because they are what they are, people overlook them.

we are so alike it's not even funny :) I don't know why Either. it's just that the plot in asobi ni iku yo and mayo chiki also found a place in my heart :) it's kinda like that feeling of after reading a good manga...and tryuing to find others like it. i know it doesn't make sense as an example. but the feeling is the same after you finish :)
Akane iro ni somaru saka. :) beautifuly done

Yeah, generc anime's........stupid. don't care, go away. fan service at least even though most istuations are generic. are still...watchable. 

The lack of story in action anime's mack me go crazy. the lack of story in fanservice ones makes me want more. but knowing that if they added more, the thing would fall apart.

Code Geass... Death note. (gurgle gurgle) absoltue favtoires. especially Code Geass :) Absoltuley masterpieces right there :)

Usagi Drop was beautiful. increadibly beautiful. it was based off of an manga so it couldn't really focus too much and deviate too much. The second arc of the manga..let's just say...is totally different and pulls many turns. some don't like it, some say it was just the development they are looking for. If you liked usagi drop, i would recommend ANYONE to chweck out Aishtteruze Baby, OMG,....perfection of cuteness and story !

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #113 of 177,742
Ai****eruze Baby is one of the first anime I've watched online lol. I hated Akane Iro Somaru Saka. It did well to hold me on for so long but I just couldn't take it anymore. But I do not like anime based on VN's a lot of the time. They just have a tough time translating to anime for me.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #114 of 177,742

Quote:
Ai****eruze Baby is one of the first anime I've watched online lol. I hated Akane Iro Somaru Saka. It did well to hold me on for so long but I just couldn't take it anymore. But I do not like anime based on VN's a lot of the time. They just have a tough time translating to anime for me.

Akane Iro ni somaru saka is a hit or a miss. It was more on if you liked the plot and what was going on. 

i didn't even think minato was a contestant for lover until one of the last episodes :O
VN adaptions are usually horrid and make you go 
Y U NO
4 example...Mashiro symphany.......jumping around lead characters...is not cool, you could give the person a taste of what a VN is...but i don't want that. choose one girl. and focus on her! 

Good Visual Novels/game to anime:
Clannad/Air/Kanon
Fate Stay Night
school days
demonbane
Da capo
gungrave
Tayutama
true tears
valkyria chronicles

Hit or miss:
akane iro ni somaru saka
To heart
Chaos Head
Steins gate
EF a tale of two
h20 footprints
happiness
koihime muso
gift
myself, yourself
Persona
Shuffle
white album

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #115 of 177,742
I liked white album! It really was up and down as a show but I really liked the idea of it. First time I've seen idols be portrayed so seriously.

Dec 28, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #116 of 177,742

Quote:
I liked white album! It really was up and down as a show but I really liked the idea of it. First time I've seen idols be portrayed so seriously.

really? i saw the first episode really really sleepily and decided i didn't like it...don't know why. how was it...quick review, comparisson :)

Dec 28, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #117 of 177,742

Quote:

I'm not so much to dismiss a show if it doesn't have any action in it; in fact I have been planning to watch usagi drop, since I read a little bit of its manga. Then I heard there will be a anime adaptation, so there. A show I stopped watching mid season for no reason is ika musume. Now I need to start from the beginning again as I won't feel right picking it up mid season after so long stopped it. :\
 I am pleasantly surprised that the only ecchi character is the western female scientist. And even that it's pretty tame, even if she went around wearing bikinis most of the time. 
Another show I want to watch is 5cm/s. One genre that I can't stand as much as moe/ecchi genre is romance, as it is so retardedly portrayed in most show. But somehow I like what I read from its manga.

The problem I have with the industry's current focus is how much most of them are fan service-y or moe. I groaned when I saw that Idolm@ster is getting an adaptation. *sigh* I also don't like shows that have sappy, weak protagonist at the beginning. Some can work out well, but mostly I don't like it. Just look at guilty gear and shoe (or shu or shou). Bleh.

Hmm might as well post what are my greatest show that I watched: FMA Brotherhood, SZS, Gurren Lagann, madoka magica, bakemonogatari, katanagatari, toradora!. I still hold SZS very highly in my list though, bordering on my most perfect anime I've watched. :p Though I list this in no particular order, maybe except that SZS and gurren lagann are tied at first, madoka at 2nd and the other ones are third. Maybe.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #118 of 177,742

Quote:
Hit or miss:
akane iro ni somaru saka
To heart
Chaos Head
Steins gate
EF a tale of two
h20 footprints
happiness
koihime muso
gift
myself, yourself
Persona
Shuffle
white album

First one is a definite miss. Started out liking it, about 10 episodes later...Where's my flamethrower? Haven't gotten a chance to watch to heart yet though.

Since I did watch Mashiro though, it's definitely hit or miss. Lots of people expected a first girl always wins situation or something, but instead, they threw a curveball. I liked it, frankly.

Dec 28, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #119 of 177,742

Quote:

I'm not so much to dismiss a show if it doesn't have any action in it; in fact I have been planning to watch usagi drop, since I read a little bit of its manga. Then I heard there will be a anime adaptation, so there. A show I stopped watching mid season for no reason is ika musume. Now I need to start from the beginning again as I won't feel right picking it up mid season after so long stopped it. :\
 I am pleasantly surprised that the only ecchi character is the western female scientist. And even that it's pretty tame, even if she went around wearing bikinis most of the time. 
Another show I want to watch is 5cm/s. One genre that I can't stand as much as moe/ecchi genre is romance, as it is so retardedly portrayed in most show. But somehow I like what I read from its manga.

The problem I have with the industry's current focus is how much most of them are fan service-y or moe. I groaned when I saw that Idolm@ster is getting an adaptation. *sigh* I also don't like shows that have sappy, weak protagonist at the beginning. Some can work out well, but mostly I don't like it. Just look at guilty gear and shoe (or shu or shou). Bleh.

Hmm might as well post what are my greatest show that I watched: FMA Brotherhood, SZS, Gurren Lagann, madoka magica, bakemonogatari, katanagatari, toradora!. I still hold SZS very highly in my list though, bordering on my most perfect anime I've watched. :p Though I list this in no particular order, maybe except that SZS and gurren lagann are tied at first, madoka at 2nd and the other ones are third. Maybe.

ehh we have different views. ii dind't really like FMA or SZS or any of the others. usagi drop anime was cute. but wouldnt be something i would watch if the whole series was over and i had a night to do so. 5cm/s ...i aws such a sucker for that movie!

Quote:
First one is a definite miss. Started out liking it, about 10 episodes later...Where's my flamethrower? Haven't gotten a chance to watch to heart yet though.

Since I did watch Mashiro though, it's definitely hit or miss. Lots of people expected a first girl always wins situation or something, but instead, they threw a curveball. I liked it, frankly.

I loved the first one. it got weak past episode 10 though. meh but still. overal. it had a nice flow.

yeah some like mashiro some don't....this was one of those anime's wehre i also asked. "Where's my Flamethrower?"

after they went full blow into that....blonde girl that is the principals daughter.and then went half minded and turned 360 into the other girl

i felt the curve ball wasn't done well enough. you already have all these feelings with the girl, and a beginning and what not..and then you go around to someone that the viewer forgot and didn't care about anymore

funny thing about to heart..i saw it 3 times. and i still can't remember what i saw that day. i saw it the first time a long long long time ago. so a couple years ago i decide to watch it(not knowing i already saw it) i saw it, felt i saw it before. and whatever. then 1 and a half years ago i decide that...i know i saw to heart twice but don't remember it. so i wath it again..............i still have no idea what happened. it must have been the most generic thing in the world though since i can't remember it :p

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #120 of 177,742

Listening to magia (from madoka OST if anyone is wondering) makes me want to upgrade so bad... want more clarity!
Quote:
ehh we have different views. ii dind't really like FMA or SZS or any of the others. usagi drop anime was cute. but wouldnt be something i would watch if the whole series was over and i had a night to do so. 5cm/s ...i aws such a sucker for that movie!

Well that's okay though. But I am curious about some anime I didn't watch just because its a genre I generally dislike. I'm curious what's your top anime. *sigh* I'm expanding my watch list some more LOL.

Quote:

That list reminds me to watch steins gate and to heart. and maybe chaos head. I forgot to add to my watch list. How are those 3 shows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back