「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 31, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #139 of 177,742

Quote:

Which company published it? Some companies are notorious with running out of budget, like SHAFT, or Gainax IIRC, for instance.

Anybody want to chime in how guilty gear turns out a bit? I stopped at ep. 3 or something, as it turned out pretty bleeeeeehhhhh. I thought it have some of Code Geass' planning vibe to it, but got a bit disappointed. 

Manglobe. im sure the last episode was on purpose. they plan these thigns out. just happened to finish everything in 11 ep's and just needed 12 as a filler. manglobe is small but has some extremely famous and popular series under it's belt.
Samurai Champloo
Sengoku basara
ergo proxy
sacred blacksmith
The world god only knows
deadman wodnerland
Hayate combat butler movie

Guilty crown was a mixed bag....however since it's 22 episodes long. it still has a chance. so far. it's done pretty well..there are a lot of OMG SHU!!!!!!!!What moments Y U NO. But in the end they get fixed. this is of course done on purpose. it has since not decided not to copy Code Geass after episodde 3. it is mainly original , with many cliche generic moments, people blah.

i'm going to watch GC ep 11 later tonight

am watching it rightnow...it keeps reminding me why i like and hate this show

the stupid boy again bc he didn't go caused the deaths of many. he is probably going tolater be all. i will repent and be all super hero and stuff...generic stuff.

and it happened. he went from remorse to action/.....later on in this episode at about 13:40 you will se a Code Geass moment..well one that reminds you of it..... :/

during the stop lovey scene when shu and inori meet...WHO DIDN'T know something was going to happen. ! like really. when they slow it down that much you know somethihg was going to happen. i was betting on a random sniper shot.but this works too
this is one of the first ending's that make you wonder what is going to happen next :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #140 of 177,742

Quote:
I love em because of the headtilts.

And SZS

ZOMG another SZS fan. I just LOVE that show. I'm still very sad that it didn't get a 4th season. The manga just doesn't do it for me..

Quote:
Manglobe. im sure the last episode was on purpose. they plan these thigns out. just happened to finish everything in 11 ep's and just needed 12 as a filler. manglobe is small but has some extremely famous and popular series under it's belt.
Samurai Champloo
Sengoku basara
ergo proxy
sacred blacksmith
The world god only knows
deadman wodnerland
Hayate combat butler movie

Guilty crown was a mixed bag....however since it's 22 episodes long. it still has a chance. so far. it's done pretty well..there are a lot of OMG SHU!!!!!!!!What moments Y U NO. But in the end they get fixed. this is of course done on purpose. it has since not decided not to copy Code Geass after episodde 3. it is mainly original , with many cliche generic moments, people blah.

i'm going to watch GC ep 11 later tonight

am watching it rightnow...it keeps reminding me why i like and hate this show

the stupid boy again bc he didn't go caused the deaths of many. he is probably going tolater be all. i will repent and be all super hero and stuff...generic stuff.

and it happened. he went from remorse to action/.....later on in this episode at about 13:40 you will se a Code Geass moment..well one that reminds you of it..... :/

Thanks quotes function for revealing the spoilers! :D
Too bad about GC, I feel. Can't get enough of more complex stories/premise after my fix, and obsession, with Madoka. Also IMO, if a show needs to be action generic, might as well go over the top, balls to the wall, awesome-dripping action to the MAX! like gurren lagann. Also that part in gurren lagann (the fans would know) really pulled my tears out. :'(

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #141 of 177,742

Quote:
ZOMG another SZS fan. I just LOVE that show. I'm still very sad that it didn't get a 4th season. The manga just doesn't do it for me..

Thanks quotes function for revealing the spoilers! :D
Too bad about GC, I feel. Can't get enough of more complex stories/premise after my fix, and obsession, with Madoka. Also IMO, if a show needs to be action generic, might as well go over the top, balls to the wall, awesome-dripping action to the MAX! like gurren lagann. Also that part in gurren lagann (the fans would know) really pulled my tears out. :'(

i saw gurrne laggan....was not my tastes at all :/ i like the GC type of art. as in normal anime art. not the shounen kind.

Dec 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #142 of 177,742
Story-wise, gurren lagann carried itself very good, IMO. Good amount Loads of action, character development, some thinking as well, and the fan service is pretty okay, for a guy who dislike unneeded fan service. Surprisingly, for a show that focuses on the growth of a weak, low self esteem kid, it is great. Considering this is a Gainax, they really surprised me. And panty and stocking with garterbelt, but that's another whole league lol. Also another shonen that I adore and love is one piece.
Maybe that's why I like Eureka 7 too. Only less over the top than gurren lagann. IDK, even in a manga forum I visited, my taste is considered weird lol.
Quote:
i saw gurrne laggan....was not my tastes at all :/ i like the GC type of art. as in normal anime art. not the shounen kind.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #144 of 177,742

Quote:
Story-wise, gurren lagann carried itself very good, IMO. Good amount Loads of action, character development, some thinking as well, and the fan service is pretty okay, for a guy who dislike unneeded fan service. Surprisingly, for a show that focuses on the growth of a weak, low self esteem kid, it is great. Considering this is a Gainax, they really surprised me. And panty and stocking with garterbelt, but that's another whole league lol. Also another shonen that I adore and love is one piece.
Maybe that's why I like Eureka 7 too. Only less over the top than gurren lagann. IDK, even in a manga forum I visited, my taste is considered weird lol.

eurkea seven really hit me well for the first half. it really got destroyed/died down heavily in the second half which is why it didn't make my top 10 list. i'm not a fan of shounen fan service or that type of art.

Quote:
Just curious; to those that have multiple cans, which headphone do you use to listen ani-music and similar?

i..use both really. My SRH 440's are probably more suitable for the majority of ani music. i use my srh 440's when watching anime and use my hfi 580's when listening to anything really.too lazy to switch around. i have my shure's connected to my PC and my hfi 580's to my Mac.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #145 of 177,742

There are many songs that the SRH 440's being studio-refrence heapdhones do a lot better than the HFI 580's..but the HFI 580's jsut does well in all genres and i'm too lazy :)

i'll do a little mini test right now with both cause i fee like it :)

Mysould your beats-angel beats- Hhaha yes. Shure's House sound with the vocals make the music pretty good :) the background doesn't sound as alive though in "My sould, Your beats"
the ultrasone's don't hvae vocals that are as forward. but the vocals are a bit warmer. the background is slightly more pronounced too. they are a match here. :/

New Future-Full moon wo saga****e: (lololol. the word saga.... has the "s" word in it. so it was blocked.!!! lololololol)
The Shure's House sound again. the vocals are more alive. the background is not as alive. but that's the good part. the ultrasone's made the background just almost overcome the song. This song is very preferable on the Shure's...very...ahh....soothing!!

Trust you-gundam 00- Shure house sound again..how do you ever get past the house sound of such beautiful vocals...really? 
the ultrasone's just make this whole song just sound alive. the vocals of course are differnt.but the added thump and background instruments got the ultrasone's the win here :)

just a little sample :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #146 of 177,742
welp, need to listen to them first, as I never heard it before. And yes that means to youtube. 

EDIT: first off. popular songs have HD quality vids. huh. since all this time i was looking for SZS's if not 480p, its 360 or 240.

secondly. this is what i get for so discriminating at what i watch. Missing great songs. The only exception is gundam 00.

on angel beats: wished to listen more to that background separate more. So so much going on back there. Also if the vocals could be a little bit forward would be nice.

on gundam 00: the bass thump should be a smidgen less, and all would be perfect.

on full moon: the bass again. wish it were a bit lesser. but that last part at the end. so so awesome.

thirdly: I need to save money for the dorm fees this coming weeks and NOT use it for a new can. :\

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #148 of 177,742
It is one of the most awesome intro for a series. Yes, 13 eps of intro.

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #149 of 177,742

Quote:
welp, need to listen to them first, as I never heard it before. And yes that means to youtube. 

i turn down the volume quite a bit when i'm on youtube and prepare for clipping,hissing, distortion, noise and whatever :/

Quote:
Started Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon (Horizon in the middle of nowhere) today. Pretty good.

the first 2 episodes are decent. the majority drop it after 4 like i did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back