「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #102,841 of 177,745

I don't like Mircosoft that much tbh... lot's of bloat ware... and the Virusi... and did I mention the Bloat Ware... and the Copy Right crap. Linux just feels so much nicer, more open source, no need for anti spy ware and anti mal ware. Plus you can get your own Flavor and make it look how ever you want, or heck make your own freaking Kernal adjustments. 

There is nothing wrong with Micro Soft other than it's very main stream. Which means lot's of laws... lot's of... anti stupidity counter measure... lot's of bloat ware built to help the not so PC savy, still windows is in a lot of buisness, so it's good to know... 

Taking a Linux Class this year, planning on moving to Linux in the fall. Going to run a full on VM machine, emulate windows on the Fly to play any and all my Windows Related games, funny story my BIGGEST concern was OMG I won't be able to use GOOGLE CHROME... oh wait... google Owns Andriod... Droid runs on Linux... silly me

Bloatware on Windows... Isn't that why we build our own PCs, so they don't come with bloatware? And actually, Microsoft has a nice program set up now where if you buy a PC at a Microsoft store, they remove all the bloatware before they sell it to you. Pretty good deal IMO.
Also, as long as you're not dumb about your internet habits, it's pretty hard to get a virus.

Hang on, you needed a class to learn Linux? I've got the most basic of basics down by just googling stuff whenever I need help. Why not install Ubuntu, it's pretty noob friendly?

Faulty logic there sir. Just because an app is built for a touchscreen based mobile OS does not mean it will run on a desktop very well, even if it has a similar kernel.
Both Chrome and Chromium are available on Linux though.

What be the problem with the hard disc?

Trying to recover some word documents from one account. Went into safe mode, but it keeps creating a new desktop so I can't find/get to those files. Is the file corrupted? D: Otherwise, the computer wasn't booting correctly half the time until recently. When it did, it'd boot while I got on to the desktop that currently creates new desktops.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/turn-back-time-on-your-pc-undo-system-changes-with-system-restore
^otherwise a dude on a chat recommended this. 

And it happened the day after I was thinking about saving the file to a USB drive 
angry_face.gif

Have you tried running some file recovery software? A system restore should get your PC to quit making new desktops, but probably not recover files.

You'll understand why M$ is hitler the moment you start doing CS related work!
Unix-alike master race!!!! Open source FTW!!!!

It's really just because windows is not developer-friendly really.

Really? I have no problem coding on my Windows PC.

Lol. Says the person running Mac OS, a closed source version of unix...

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #102,843 of 177,745
I'm still not sure which kind of curry I like most....probably the standard yellow one :p

Curry is not really one dish, or even a family of dishes in the first place. So many different kind of dishes are called curry, and they usually taste extremely different. Can't really compare them and call one better than the other.

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #102,846 of 177,745
I don't remember system restores wiping anything. Then again, the last time I did that was in XP.

From Microsoft's webpage about system restores:
System Restore uses a feature called system protection to regularly create and save restore points on your computer. These restore points contain information about registry settings and other system information that Windows uses. You can also create restore points manually.
System Restore isn't intended for backing up personal files, so it cannot help you recover a personal file that has been deleted or damaged. You should regularly back up your personal files and important data using a backup program.

So how does that wipe everything again?

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #102,847 of 177,745
  One of our AAMML'ers requested a pic of a portable stack. So I made one. I'm using the word portable very loosely here.

What DAPs are in that sandwich?

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #102,848 of 177,745

I'm still not sure which kind of curry I like most....probably the standard yellow one :p

Curry is not really one dish, or even a family of dishes in the first place. So many different kind of dishes are called curry, and they usually taste extremely different. Can't really compare them and call one better than the other.

I like the UK' style, Chicken Korma. I do like mild Japanese curry too, very easy to match it, or simply everything goes well with it.

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #102,849 of 177,745
I like the UK' style, Chicken Korma. I do like mild Japanese curry too, very easy to match it, or simply everything goes well with it.

I like lamb korma much better, to be honest. Lamb is god tier meat for any stew type dish. Mild Japanese curry is what I usually make. Much more work than the Thai green curry I made though -- cutting all the vegetables and potatoes takes up so much time.

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #102,851 of 177,745
Fish like those aren't that bad at all. Due to their lack of taste they react excellently to spices and sauces, and can still make for a great meal.
Plus, pangasius is cheap as hell compared to many other fish.

True, but if you want to actually eat some fish  for the sake of eating fish, you better get something that tastes like fish....salmon, loup de mer etc

I phrased that not very good.
I was speaking about the standard spice. You know....english curry powder, red curry paste, green curry paste and so on.

My favorite kind of curry is Masala style curry with lamb, almonds and raisins. A local indian restaurant here is also selling curry with Indian cheese.....never figured out what Indian cheese is supposed to be but it tastes good.

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #102,852 of 177,745

I like lamb korma much better, to be honest. Lamb is god tier meat for any stew type dish. Mild Japanese curry is what I usually make. Much more work than the Thai green curry I made though -- cutting all the vegetables and potatoes takes up so much time.

I said chicken because I just had roast lamb leg with Japanese curry... And yes, lamb is god tier meat for this.

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #102,854 of 177,745
Nisekoi is SHAFT as fudge!
And pretty good too :)
So far every episode has been better than the previous one!

And I noticed something.....
Her last name is Onodera:

And so is his:

Coincidence?
I don't think so!

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #102,855 of 177,745
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/25/5343472/live-action-ghost-in-the-shell-movie-signs-the-director-of-snow-white

Hmm, not sure how quite to feel about this yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back