「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 25, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #102,856 of 177,745
  http://imgur.com/a/QJzMv#0

Sucks to be anywhere that's not Japan right now :frowning2:

They have everything there! It reminds me of the Kaiten Sushi place they went to in episode 26 with the chibi 765 Pro characters.

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #102,859 of 177,745
That movie really was dumb. Ironically it was just checked out from the library today.

I love all all these old monster movies from Japan.
Watched every single Godzilla movie at least once.
But Pacific Rim?
Meh.

The AK240 thread is boiling!
eke vs. Jude :D
High quality entertainment.
I'm more or less on ekes side...

Jan 25, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #102,860 of 177,745
Can't agree with Jude at all. I have a really tough time hearin any supposed superiority from hi end DAPs myself. My friend Cn11 got a new ZX1 so I'll get to hear that in the comin days, but we did meet up previously so he could hear my F886, and he's rather skeptical whether any difference exists between the F886 and the ZX1. I know Eke is naturally skeptical of uber gear due to his time listenin to summit-fi rigs at meets. The price of gear is ratcheting up at a pace that's really left me jaded. $5,500 for Westone's flagship? Lol, no thanx

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #102,861 of 177,745
The AK240 thread is boiling!

eke vs. Jude :D

High quality entertainment.

I'm more or less on ekes side...

Personal attacks will be a flying. But it's okay since Jude is an administrator. XD
Jude will be Jude. Random $123984709347 product thrown out into the world; of course gives positive overall remarks.

So is that design supposed to be a skewed chalk drawing optical illusion or something?

snail2.jpg

snail1.jpg

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #102,862 of 177,745
  FiiO E18, E12, E07K, X5 and Colorfly C4, Miu MRB, Palaios labs IONA

lol

How's the X5?
Can't agree with Jude at all. I have a really tough time hearin any supposed superiority from hi end DAPs myself. My friend Cn11 got a new ZX1 so I'll get to hear that in the comin days, but we did meet up previously so he could hear my F886, and he's rather skeptical whether any difference exists between the F886 and the ZX1. I know Eke is naturally skeptical of uber gear due to his time listenin to summit-fi rigs at meets. The price of gear is ratcheting up at a pace that's really left me jaded. $5,500 for Westone's flagship? Lol, no thanx

I was thinking about getting a ZX1... still debating about that. 

And what kind of flagship charges $5500 for a product?? This is STILL portable audio. Not desktop STAX rig yet....

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #102,863 of 177,745
Jan 25, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #102,864 of 177,745
How's the X5?
I was thinking about getting a ZX1... still debating about that. 

And what kind of flagship charges $5500 for a product?? This is STILL portable audio. Not desktop STAX rig yet....

Well, the Westone is a ribbon driver headphone... But still, even in the electrostat game, phones topped out at $4 grand.

The F886 is solid. I'd still take a iPod touch over it. I consider sellin it all the time. The UI isn't nearly as snappy as iOS, I find myself tapping things two/three times before the OS registers it, (but it is reliable) and the sound quality is just marginally better than iOS 7. So don't expect miracles there. I'll see whether the ZX1 better it, but Cn11 wasn't convinced. I do like the external buttons on the F886. Battery life is just terrible. Terrible. It seems to just evaporate from your player no matter what you do. Maybe I got a lemon but I dont think mine lasts any longer than 8 or 9 hours and its not like I'm listening to hires files or anything. I just don't buy into this hi end dap **** at all to be honest

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #102,866 of 177,745

+1
I might get to hear the AK240 next weekend....let's see if I'm going to eargasm all over the place :p
I'll also check out the X5 on the convention.

Personal attacks will be a flying. But it's okay since Jude is an administrator. XD
Jude will be Jude. Random $123984709347 product thrown out into the world; of course gives positive overall remarks.

So is that design supposed to be a skewed chalk drawing optical illusion or something?

It actually is a Cowon J3 glued to a stealth bomber.

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #102,867 of 177,745
Well, the Westone is a ribbon driver headphone... But still, even in the electrostat game, phones topped out at $4 grand.

The F886 is solid. I'd still take a iPod touch over it. I consider sellin it all the time. The UI isn't nearly as snappy as iOS, I find myself tapping things two/three times before the OS registers it, (but it is reliable) and the sound quality is just marginally better than iOS 7. So don't expect miracles there. I'll see whether the ZX1 better it, but Cn11 wasn't convinced. I do like the external buttons on the F886. Battery life is just terrible. Terrible. It seems to just evaporate from your player no matter what you do. Maybe I got a lemon but I dont think mine lasts any longer than 8 or 9 hours and its not like I'm listening to hires files or anything. I just don't buy into this hi end dap **** at all to be honest

Ah, my bad about Westone. I assumed it was a $5500 IEM...

Hmm, hearing this, I may just stay with my iOS setup then. If I couldn't tell the difference between an AK120 and an ipod touch in sound quality, I'll prob not notice it for the ZX1.

But really? 9 hours of playtime? I heard the ZX1 has long life of 39 hrs? (forgot from where). So perhaps it'd be better than your F886 in that sense?

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #102,868 of 177,745
Lol @ mice's 240/chalk drawing analogy. Brilliant :D

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #102,870 of 177,745
Ah, my bad about Westone. I assumed it was a $5500 IEM...

Hmm, hearing this, I may just stay with my iOS setup then. If I couldn't tell the difference between an AK120 and an ipod touch in sound quality, I'll prob not notice it for the ZX1.

But really? 9 hours of playtime? I heard the ZX1 has long life of 39 hrs? (forgot from where). So perhaps it'd be better than your F886 in that sense?

Nah but the latest Westone Flagships are, surprise, surprise, clocking in at the $700 and $900 mark :rolleyes:

I honestly wouldn't bother unless you got to demo the ZX1 yourself or feel captivated by its form factor or absolutely need 128 GB of space. From what I can tell, people have a rough time agreeing whether it sounds better or worse or merely on par with the AK120, so if you can't differentiate iOS from AK, just fuggehdaboutit

The F886 was rated at 29 hours or so, playing what I do not know. I leave the screen on super low brightness and it doesn't seem to matter. The battery just drains no matter what, but like I said, maybe I got a lemon or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back