「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #52,562 of 177,747
Quote:
1:1 USD to £/€ exchange ratio, + 20$ VAT makes for expensive electrical goods. 

Not a fan of the screaming, but the rest was great.

Wow that is expensive.
Quote:
What's going on today guys? I bought a laptop today and I'm super pumped, what do you guys think?

is that too small?

I don't know what competetive prices are for for gaming laptops with those specs.

But that is probably one of the fastest laptops you can buy at the moment.

Core i7 Mobile with Mobile GTX 680 GPU with Crucial SSD. Dam. Is all I can say.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #52,563 of 177,747
YES!!! Got my Origin account straightened up! :D

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #52,565 of 177,747
Looks like a beast. I'm assuming you plan on using it for gaming (etc). 
TBH, I'll never understand the gaming laptop. But that's only because I never do any consistent gaming outside a home setting where desktop power is king. That and life-span of a laptop just isn't good enough for me to justify putting that much money into it. 
If you have the disposable income, I say good choice. I would have gone a little bigger on the screen if gaming was your plan, but that'll get the job done.
That being said, it all depends on how/where you plan to use it. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #52,566 of 177,747
Quote:
Wow that is expensive.
I don't know what competetive prices are for for gaming laptops with those specs.

But that is probably one of the fastest laptops you can buy at the moment.

Core i7 Mobile with Mobile GTX 680 GPU with Crucial SSD. Dam. Is all I can say.

Sager has the best prices, they use the same parts as Clevo laptops. It's amazing what 2,300 can buy compared to what you get in a MacBook for the same exact price.
Quote:
I'm not a high-end lappy guy(I like my laptops with long battery life and low weight) but that's seems plently powerful.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #52,567 of 177,747
Quote:
Sager has the best prices, they use the same parts as Clevo laptops. It's amazing what 2,300 can buy compared to what you get in a MacBook for the same exact price.

I can help but think about the absolute powerhouse I could build you with 2300. It makes my brain geek out.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #52,568 of 177,747
Quote:
Looks like a beast. I'm assuming you plan on using it for gaming (etc). 
TBH, I'll never understand the gaming laptop. But that's only because I never do any consistent gaming outside a home setting where desktop power is king. That and life-span of a laptop just isn't good enough for me to justify putting that much money into it. 
If you have the disposable income, I say good choice. I would have gone a little bigger on the screen if gaming was your plan, but that'll get the job done.
That being said, it all depends on how/where you plan to use it. 

To be honest I don't game that much, more casual gaming unless a big release like Diablo III comes out then I go hard and play it like crazy. I'm more of an enthusiast at heart, I love bench marking and playing with new hardware. I figured I really needed a laptop because I do a lot of traveling and I thought why not go all out.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #52,570 of 177,747
Ooh... Crysis 3 has a beta out on Origin... Also there is a new Nvidia graphics driver out! :D

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #52,571 of 177,747
Originally Posted by kskwerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure it'll be excellent as a gaming/'desktop replacement' laptop, but given the choice, I'd personally prefer the rMBP, even with the weaker hardware. 
size]

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #52,572 of 177,747
Quote:
Guh you guys are starting to annoy me with the number of quotable posts you give me over an 8 hour period.
Oh, and Mech: you didn't get my Ju-ni joke? lol

I have nothing to say, but want to feel like I don't, so I'll post last night's youtube video of me being super-tired at 1 in the morning.

damn lag... Would have grabbed all those colored blocks if I hadn't been recording: The game prioritizes drawing the frames over mouse input. It's annoying as hell. lol

No I don't. You have to realize I cannot Japanese, and you should assume that in every case unless I say the word in a way that suggests I know it
Notbad.jpg
Quote:
Yeah. It's working well right now. But hell, I can now go and buy what I want from Best Buy with its price match program. No need to wait for shipping but more importantly

Easy RMA.
lool, you are getting. Very heated I guess.

This is so weird in typing.

Bowei, I think you and Boris should decide who gets the PH unit, or rather how to figure out who gets it.
What switches does the keyboard have?
Quote:
I wouldn't say amazing. Nice I guess :)

Oh right. Death Match sound better 
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can't plug in the 3.5mm audio out and mic in though. If I plug the 3.5mm audio plugs from the razer into my computer. My entire audio unit gets hiss and buzz. Probably due to a meh chip in my computer.

And that's why I use S/PDIF

I changed my mouse and Pc case theme to match the keyboard :) 
tongue_smile.gif

Dem sandals...
Quote:
So this thread seems like it would be right up my alley. I probably watch 8-12 anime concurrently along with a few manga reads. Been following Head-fi forums for years but finally joined. 
Anyhow, I thought I'd bring up a new topic.

One of my favorite songs from an anime is  "Just Awake" by Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It came on during an episode of Hunter x Hunter and was also used as an ending theme for a while (if i remember correctly). 

I was wondering if there are any other fans of the band, or just that song, or even Hunter x Hunter?

Follow up question: Has anyone listened to "Just Awake" on some Mad Dogs? 

Hmm, I own the Mad Dogs. Hadn't heard the song before this, but I just checked it out on youtube. I don't really like screaming, but that song's kick drums are a great example of why I love the MDs. Plenty of punch from them while remaining quick and linear, and keeping everything else clear.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #52,573 of 177,747
Quote:

I'm sure it'll be excellent as a gaming/'desktop replacement' laptop, but given the choice, I'd personally prefer the rMBP, even with the weaker hardware. 
size]

I'm going to ask "why?!?!?" I actually had a MBP 15 inch retina display and returned it. What really pisses me off is where does Apple get off charging so much for what they actually put into their computers. I understand the appeal of the MBP and I even think it's damn sexy but for what I can get for the price I just cant give apple my money

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #52,575 of 177,747
Originally Posted by kskwerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to ask "why?!?!?" I actually had a MBP 15 inch retina display and returned it. What really pisses me off is where does Apple get off charging so much for what they actually put into their computers. I understand the appeal of the MBP and I even think it's damn sexy but for what I can get for the price I just cant give apple my money

I wholeheartedly agree on the 'terrible value' on the MBP, but I personally just weigh portability, battery life, screen quality and overall build quality above the actual performance of the machine.

My logic being, what good is a laptop you won't carry around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back