「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #52,518 of 177,745
Spoilsport
tongue.gif

Seriously though the modern state of the art in dithering is probably better looking than old comic books
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither

Here's a veritable encyclopedia of dithering methods
http://caca.zoy.org/study/part3.html
the explanatory text is black on black for some reason though so you have to highlight it to see it = ="

70s Floyd-Steinberg dithering still chugs along like a boss like vintage tube print-fi
wink.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 29, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #52,519 of 177,745
Bowei, Just an FYI, I have had terrible experience with Razer products and will never buy them again.  I have used/had 2 different mouses and the headset and from driver issues, to them not working, just bad products. That's just my 2 cents and YMMV.  
Also person that was talking about wonderland, lost quote, try out Berserk after code geass

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #52,520 of 177,745
Quote:
Bowei, Just an FYI, I have had terrible experience with Razer products and will never buy them again.  I have used/had 2 different mouses and the headset and from driver issues, to them not working, just bad products. That's just my 2 cents and YMMV.  
Also person that was talking about wonderland, lost quote, try out Berserk after code geass

Likewise, I wouldn't touch razer with the dirty end of a poop stick. If you must have gamer features try the Mionix range.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #52,521 of 177,745
Quote:
Likewise, I wouldn't touch razer with the dirty end of a poop stick. If you must have gamer features try the Mionix range.

I had 0 issues with my Deathadder years ago. Other than it breaking after about a year and a half. A bit overpriced and underwhelming build quality, but nothing I'd call terrible. I was thinking of going back to Razer for my next mouse. I prefered the form factor of the Deathadder to my current Logitech G500. 

New avatar 
biggrin.gif
. Can't tell if it's got some artifacts or if I'm staring at it too hard. Oh well. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #52,522 of 177,745
HOLY SCHIIIIIIITTT
Gurran Lagann 2nd part is just Mind Blowing!
One of the best anime I've ever watched!

... still think 1st part is crap though.

I may not have made it past craap

Printer-fi!

This is what the output from the laser engraver's default duotone conversion looks like right?

That's because the engraver represents grayscale as huge halftone dots by default:

By controlling the duotone conversion manually one can make the best use of the 1200dpi resolution of the engraver (click to zoom into the original to see the full dithering pattern):

Which when viewed from a normal distance (that 1200pixel wide image occupies 1 inch of print area) looks like this:

This is the idealized result, in reality the output will still be a bit pixellated but much better than the default output.  Also gray tones may come out the wrong shade of gray (dark tones may look darker (close to black) than intended and light tones lighter (close to white) than intended) but for something simple like the halo around kyubey the approximation should be sufficient.  For printing photographic scenery with all shades of gray, equalization of the gray shades (I call it printer equalization :wink: ) is required.

I speak from experience:  once when I was bored I tried to print photos from the office B&W laser printer:  I went on to do my own "gradient test", equalized the black to white gradient to match the screen display, and went on to produce fine art B&W prints from the laser printer :wink:

Help with a simple logo? :)

It doesnt matter really. All companies have this happen. Razer just has poor qc. But returning for me is easy as 1 2 3.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #52,524 of 177,745
lol what part are you at now? Almost finished?
Ju-ni! :p

I didn't play at all, I'm still only on chapter 3.

It's not random!
decode it and you'll see what I mean..
S/N's don't look good if it's too short

It should turn out fine actually

LOL

I actually like short serial numbers, and I'm too lazy to decode it on my iPad...

No lips ?
Hmm why not something different

Do you think that one looks the best?
Well, the shells would be different colors (red and blue,) I may do other stuff... Or just not get customs... It all depends
[@chase: Click on this above quote (the thought bubble with green arrow) to go to the post Of my 3 renders for Saya]

Clamp
Trololololol. Noodle people!

Tht still bothers me...
[rule]
@Joe: Can I send you a vectorized version of my design and have you set it up at 1200dpi? My computer literally doesn't have enough RAM to export the design at even 300dpi...

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #52,527 of 177,745
'Sup guys.

Just had an exam in Mathematica usage and data processing.
The Mathematica part was 2 hours long, and 1:15 in the exam Mathematica suddenly crashed and I forgot to save. Had to rewrite the entire exam in ~35 minutes, and use the remaining 10 minutes to finish up. The moment it crashed was one of the most stress inducing moments in my life, and I was staring at the screen with eyes wide open full of disbelief and sadness.
But I survived, and I think I did the exam alright.

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #52,528 of 177,745
Quote:
'Sup guys.

Just had an exam in Mathematica usage and data processing.
The Mathematica part was 2 hours long, and 1:15 in the exam Mathematica suddenly crashed and I forgot to save. Had to rewrite the entire exam in ~35 minutes, and use the remaining 10 minutes to finish up. The moment it crashed was one of the most stress inducing moments in my life, and I was staring at the screen with eyes wide open full of disbelief and sadness.
But I survived, and I think I did the exam alright.

Wow thats horrible, why didn't you say anything to the administrator for the test?

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #52,530 of 177,745
@ Gurran Lagann
Guy piloting a mini mech that's combined with another mech, piloting a bigger mech that's piloting an even bigger mech!
Galaxies can be thrown around like a discus!
MC power prevails!
and once again the world is saved by.... What just happened??
mindblown.jpg

Welp, that's the end of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back