「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #52,261 of 177,747
Quote:
If you find it awkward, then just say kawaii!

Kawaii!!

..Nope, still awkward.
Quote:
You know... I want to just wipe the floor with you :)

Gee thanks?
confused_face_2.gif

Kimikiss is sooo nice. Might I say...kawaii?

...still awkward.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #52,262 of 177,747
^Imagine what it's like trying to talk to my friend in AP gov when all he watches are moe fests... How does he describe it? Cute of course. He realized he says it too much too, lol
Saying kawaii helps a bit, but there's a moe character in the class that speaks Japanese...

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #52,264 of 177,747
Quote:
@Boris: Was there any results to your gradient test? I don't remember seeing it, only the line test.
For engraving, that is.

No I never did it, but I did some images.
gradient does not work.

Jan 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #52,267 of 177,747
Quote:
HS tomorrow. Watch meh.

Lol, don't make it a competition...

Edit: Listed my O2 for sale on the FS forums. Linky in my siggy if anyone's interested and not getting P-H slot...

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #52,268 of 177,747
Quote:
Meh, the hair wouldn't turn out too well.
Last night, borisu told me it needs to be either 0 or 255, else the laser engraver will make it look like Schiit.

That seems easy enough to solve, if that's the only limitation?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #52,270 of 177,747
Using a black and white only output device to output a grayscale image, you need a halftoning algorithm.  There's one built into most laser printers but it is overly conservative and makes huge dots of your gray patches.  If you control the twotone conversion yourself you can cudgel a laser printer to produce halfway artistic grayscale output.

What you want to do is convert a 0-255 gradient to black and white using the diffusion dithering and print the output to see how closely the result matches your input.  Then adjust the dithering process by applying a correction curve to the grayscale image before applying the twotone dithering and adjusting the correction curve until you get the right grayscale output levels.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #52,271 of 177,747
Quote:

That seems easy enough to solve, if that's the only limitation?

Meh, I probably won't be using that image... Saya looks to young in that pic IMO. Looks more lie an 8 year old than her supposed 18 years of age...
And it's grainy.
I'm almost done working on mine.
Quote:
Can't see the link....:frowning2:
Whoops, nvm

Lol
Do you think the price is fair?
Quote:
Using a black and white only output device to output a grayscale image, you need a halftoning algorithm.  There's one built into most laser printers but it is overly conservative and makes huge dots of your gray patches.  If you control the twotone conversion yourself you can cudgel a laser printer to produce halfway artistic grayscale output.

What you want to do is convert a 0-255 gradient to black and white using the diffusion dithering and print the output to see how closely the result matches your input.  Then adjust the dithering process by applying a correction curve to the grayscale image before applying the twotone dithering and adjusting the correction curve until you get the right grayscale output levels.

Yeah, that's the problem with the laser engraver too.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #52,272 of 177,747
My engraving render is almost done:
Just need to add a split in Saya's hair in order to avoid one of the screw holes...

God it's pretty...

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #52,273 of 177,747
Quote:
Lol
Do you think the price is fair?

Pricing on their main site is ~139, not sure if that one includes the adapter like yours, but does include batteries. But yours is a older (dare I say "vintage"?) model, and the wood faceplate is just plain cool. I dunno, if you're selling it at a significant loss from the original price, but otherwise maybe bump it down a bit?

On a side note the Mayflower "ODA" (yeah it uses the ODAC, so Sabre not the CS4398) price just makes the P-H seem like a steal.

Quote:
My engraving render is almost done:
Just need to add a split in Saya's hair in order to avoid one of the screw holes...

God it's pretty...

Purdy...seems you put a lot of work into it, good on ya!

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #52,274 of 177,747
Quote:
Purdy...seems you put a lot of work into it, good on ya!

$139 is their price, plus shipping. I lowered it to $130 though.
My final render:

And I'm off to bed... Oyasumi Miina!

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #52,275 of 177,747
Oyasumi!

One more thing before I head off for more Kimikiss - someone brought up the Pure ~ Aquaplus CDs in the Asian music thread. Arrangements are sparse and a bit muzak-y at times, but the recording quality, even listening from the streaming previews, are JAW-DROPPING good. Also a 2nd, jazz version, which I ordered on an impulse. 

Plenty of classic OST renditions on Platina Jazz: Anime Standard volumes as well (Kenshin, SEED, etc). I grabbed all three volumes off a bookstore shelf for dirt-cheap prices.

Well, that's it for me. Off to Kimikiss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back