「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Jan 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #51,406 of 177,747
Quote:
Err... okay, weird. Seems my microUSB cable was the culprit.
I originally used the one provided by FiiO in one of their amps, and now taking the HTC one from inside the box, the device is recognized on all my computer.
/menounderstand.

That has happened to other users as well

I have enough of those Micro B cables to last a life time.
Quote:
LOL.

@Kalbee: They may have crippled the cable so it's for charging uses only, so for no apparent reason they may have decided to disconnect the wires to the terminals on the USB connector or just had them custom made so they only have the 2-3 power connections (assuming this is MiniUSB Type B 5 pin. I believe it's 3 for power, with one positive/downlink, the other negative/uplink, and a ground).

I would more say, they may have just bought the ones that just charge.

But then again that isn't entirely true as the Mini-B USB that they usually use (along with Micro B) have been used for digital purposes with no problems. Freak problems I guess. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #51,408 of 177,747
Quote:
So cables do matter.
tongue.gif

redface.gif

Time to go buy sum MunsterTM cables!!!

Quote:
LOL.

@Kalbee: They may have crippled the cable so it's for charging uses only, so for no apparent reason they may have decided to disconnect the wires to the terminals on the USB connector or just had them custom made so they only have the 2-3 power connections (assuming this is MiniUSB Type B 5 pin. I believe it's 3 for power, with one positive/downlink, the other negative/uplink, and a ground).

Good point. These cables are either from a G01 or E02i and neither need any computer uplink capability.

Quote:
That has happened to other users as well

I have enough of those Micro B cables to last a life time.

Good to know.

So now, problem solved. Still not quite sure how to use Android like a pro yet (I can do the basics no problemo) but I'll figure it out eventually. Question now is BEATS AUDIO ENHANCER good?! lol
I will not lie, it does a good job w/ my DIY ATH-RE70 since it is bass light. This "enhancer" doesn't feel like it's doing much aside from a bit more punchy bass tho. I was kinda expecting fart canons but eh... I guess I am underwhelmed in a good way (or need a more expensive HTC to enjoy wet-fart canon bass). Trolling apart, I guess I'll have to try it with a few more tracks turning it on/off as it plays to see if there's any notable difference. Up till now, very VERY subtle vee-shaped EQ.

Oh, and obviously amp-wise it is much weaker than the 4S. Same headphones, same song, HTC Desire C @ 80~90% volume. 4S at ~55% volume.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #51,409 of 177,747
Quote:
redface.gif

Time to go buy sum MunsterTM cables!!!

Good point. These cables are either from a G01 or E02i and neither need any computer uplink capability.

Good to know.

So now, problem solved. Still not quite sure how to use Android like a pro yet (I can do the basics no problemo) but I'll figure it out eventually. Question now is BEATS AUDIO ENHANCER good?! lol
I will not lie, it does a good job w/ my DIY ATH-RE70 since it is bass light. This "enhancer" doesn't feel like it's doing much aside from a bit more punchy bass tho. I was kinda expecting fart canons but eh... I guess I am underwhelmed in a good way (or need a more expensive HTC to enjoy wet-fart canon bass). Trolling apart, I guess I'll have to try it with a few more tracks turning it on/off as it plays to see if there's any notable difference. Up till now, very VERY subtle vee-shaped EQ.

Oh, and obviously amp-wise it is much weaker than the 4S. Same headphones, same song, HTC Desire C @ 80~90% volume. 4S at ~55% volume.

Overall, no

But as a bass booster. I guess you can use it.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #51,410 of 177,747
Quote:
Overall, no

But as a bass booster. I guess you can use it.

I'm not even ready to call any definite change in EQ when turning that thing on.
I call hoax. Well, gotta try with a different headphone.

Oh, just found out that there IS a vinyl section in the local thrift store.
Not that I can use any...

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #51,411 of 177,747
Quote:
I'm not even ready to call any definite change in EQ when turning that thing on.
I call hoax. Well, gotta try with a different headphone.

Oh, just found out that there IS a vinyl section in the local thrift store.
Not that I can use any...

I need to check out my thrift store to see if any good deals can be found

There was a huge post on the EQ and HTC beats after HTC aquired them, there was a huge article on it

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-review/

Found it, its in the Beats Audio section

Some audiophiles or ones that know their stuff noted some things wrong with their philosophy(forgot what) but it should be mostly accurate to us normal-uns.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #51,415 of 177,747
Quote:
I need to check out my thrift store to see if any good deals can be found

There was a huge post on the EQ and HTC beats after HTC aquired them, there was a huge article on it

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/13/htc-sensation-xe-with-beats-audio-review/

Found it, its in the Beats Audio section

Some audiophiles or ones that know their stuff noted some things wrong with their philosophy(forgot what) but it should be mostly accurate to us normal-uns.

Haha thanks, exactly what I was looking for. So it ain't even vee shaped by ess?! crazy lol.
From the looks of it, I can test it too with white noise but lazy to.

Whatever the case, this is certainly no upgrade to my current phone in any way, and I knew that. Wish I could have had the choice in something with a 4"+ screen :< then I could read manga/LN better on ze phone.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #51,416 of 177,747
munster cable. you guys for real? LOL

Well, not Munster but I did still purchase two of these AR ones. My previous brand less one died within 3 days for no reason. These are shorter but better last me longer.

Thought maybe I can also cut one up for eventual headphone recalling but nay, way thick and the split is way short. Total length is perfect for portable.

They were on sale and costs about as much as the 6ft brand less one I bought before. That's still around $4 each plus tax (hey our tax, at 15%, went UP again! Awesome /not)

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #51,417 of 177,747
screw*** h***... It looks like my ex is spending the night... I absolutely hate it. I miss her like screw*** crazy, but I can't go out with her a again... And there are WAYYYYYY too many people in our house right now... 8 damm people hear... why did I get open cans?!?!?!?!? :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #51,418 of 177,747
Quote:

Well, not Munster but I did still purchase two of these AR ones. My previous brand less one died within 3 days for no reason. These are shorter but better last me longer.

Thought maybe I can also cut one up for eventual headphone recalling but nay, way thick and the split is way short. Total length is perfect for portable.

They were on sale and costs about as much as the 6ft brand less one I bought before. That's still around $4 each plus tax (hey our tax, at 15%, went UP again! Awesome /not)

lol...

Quote:
It's the harrowing tale of a normal girl kidnapped by a group of otaku and forced into a horrific routine of sexual torture and cosplay. 

So I would say its shoujo with a reverse harem. 

shoujo? REVERSE harem? Although the 1st sentence seems more convincing... 

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #51,420 of 177,747
screw*** h***... It looks like my ex is spending the night... I absolutely hate it. I miss her like screw*** crazy, but I can't go out with her a again... And there are WAYYYYYY too many people in our house right now... 8 damm people hear... why did I get open cans?!?!?!?!? :frowning2:

Pour yourself a dram
, put on some tunes, take it to eleven, and zone out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back