PCB I meant

My fingers went stupid.

Don't they always. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #51,153 of 177,745
Quote:
Sounds pretty good for fake. 
tongue.gif
 Then again, I came from using some crappy earbuds. That and I heard the ATH-M50 at B&H and they blew these out of the water, and this was only amped from an iPod.

It used to be a bass jamble of doom. When you eventually open them up you'll discover the basics of modding in there xP
ATH-M50 are a few steps above, no doubt 
biggrin.gif
 if any least technically.
Did you try getting HM5 pads?
Comfort goes ↑↑
lows, mids, and highs go respectively ↑ ↓ ↑
cutting off the dust cover on either pads should cause the mids to drop less.
Quote:
PCB I meant

My fingers went stupid.

lol okay, that's what i was wondering.
Only thing PRC was clicking in my head was People's Republic of China.
"Sure they were made in PRC but wha???"
^ lol

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #51,154 of 177,745
Quote:

Only thing PRC was clicking in my head was People's Republic of China.
"Sure they were made in PRC but wha???"
^ lol

I typed P and instinctively, my Model U.N debating fingers typed out PRC 
tongue.gif

I have a huge assembly this weekend for it. A few hours after I finish my final/mid term testing too.

Gotta study hard on KSA (my country) and what not.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #51,155 of 177,745
Quote:
Study 

very_evil_smiley.gif

Like I am.

I didn't study. It was a dumb move but I think I remember most of the stuff, and I'm feeling pretty discouraged from today since I feel like I did horrible on both of the midterms today for some reason. I'm still going to try, but the stuff covered for Spanish 9 Honors and Integrated Science Honors is mostly memorized already. Science stuff is pretty easy most of the time, and if I get stumped, process of elimination. Spanish is going to be a bit more difficult. I just need to know verbs, conjugations, pronouns, vocab, and tenses (present, preterit, and present progressive) and the conjugations. Conjugations I've remembered. Verbs too since I use them rather often. Pronouns are really simple (they also tie in with reflexive verbs). Vocab I remember most of it too.

Science stuff is a jumble of everything he taught and didn't teach us.
Quote:
It used to be a bass jamble of doom. When you eventually open them up you'll discover the basics of modding in there xP
ATH-M50 are a few steps above, no doubt 
biggrin.gif
 if any least technically.
Did you try getting HM5 pads?
Comfort goes ↑↑
lows, mids, and highs go respectively ↑ ↓ ↑
cutting off the dust cover on either pads should cause the mids to drop less.

I was going to but now that I've heard these, I'm starting to become eager to move onto another pair of headphones. That and my sister will end up ultimately destroying them. Then again, she also fell in love with the ATH-M50 and now wants a pair. Her most favorite headphones driven by her iPhone and my iPod over at B&H. I could get it for her and maybe a FiiO amp.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #51,156 of 177,745
Quote:
I didn't study. It was a dumb move but I think I remember most of the stuff, and I'm feeling pretty discouraged from today since I feel like I did horrible on both of the midterms today for some reason. I'm still going to try, but the stuff covered for Spanish 9 Honors and Integrated Science Honors is mostly memorized already. Science stuff is pretty easy most of the time, and if I get stumped, process of elimination. Spanish is going to be a bit more difficult. I just need to know verbs, conjugations, pronouns, vocab, and tenses (present, preterit, and present progressive) and the conjugations. Conjugations I've remembered. Verbs too since I use them rather often. Pronouns are really simple (they also tie in with reflexive verbs). Vocab I remember most of it too.

Science stuff is a jumble of everything he taught and didn't teach us.
I was going to but now that I've heard these, I'm starting to become eager to move onto another pair of headphones. That and my sister will end up ultimately destroying them. Then again, she also fell in love with the ATH-M50 and now wants a pair. Her most favorite headphones driven by her iPhone and my iPod over at B&H. I could get it for her and maybe a FiiO amp.

The M50 are frequently on sale for $100 at sound professionals.

They don't exactly need an amp or DAC. It's a bit pretentious at times at this price point to get some.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #51,157 of 177,745
Quote:

They don't exactly need an amp or DAC. It's a bit pretentious at times at this price point to get some.

Anything you guys think is better than the M50 around the $100-$200 price point for Asian pop (and other asian music genres) and Vocaloid? That's basically what she listens too. She doesn't like excessive base. I had her try the Koss DJ100 and she didn't like them since the base was more prominent than everything else, so she likes her mids and highs. Obviously, she still wants some base. Based on her personality, she would probably like a more "fun" sounding headphone. Just not too much coloration or anything else that would make it more fun.

I'm aware. That and she probably won't even like something as small as an E6 or E5 so...yup.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #51,158 of 177,745
Quote:

m50 doesn't need either indeed :3
get a sony v6? cheaper by 30-50...  right now it's at 73, but I got mine at 54 w/ tax. They are glorious phones. 

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #51,159 of 177,745
Quote:
Anything you guys think is better than the M50 around the $100-$200 price point for Asian pop (and other asian music genres) and Vocaloid? That's basically what she listens too. She doesn't like excessive base. I had her try the Koss DJ100 and she didn't like them since the base was more prominent than everything else, so she likes her mids and highs. Obviously, she still wants some base.

I'm aware. That and she probably won't even like something as small as an E6 or E5 so...yup.

IEM's probably. 

MH1C are great but have VERY god awful usability.

She says she doesn't like excessive bass but she liked the M50. So basically she doesn't like mainstream car bass but is fine with a bassy headphone.

I think a MUSE may do, its $30 and is an amp and DAC.

E5 is discontinued. E6 is currently out.

Wait wait
HEadphones:

DT770 Pro's are pretty good. 

I think my HFI 580's are really dam good for $110(but a bit fatiguing). You can try them again.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #51,160 of 177,745
She tried them but I didn't get a response about them (actually, it was the other variant also widely used in Japanese studios...MDR-7XXX or something). I think the MDR-ZX700 is sometimes called the more modern looking version of the MDR-V6.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #51,161 of 177,745
Quote:
IEM's probably. 

MH1C are great but have VERY god awful usability.

She says she doesn't like excessive bass but she liked the M50. So basically she doesn't like mainstream car bass but is fine with a bassy headphone.

I think a MUSE may do, its $30 and is an amp and DAC.

E5 is discontinued. E6 is currently out.

Wait wait
HEadphones:

DT770 Pro's are pretty good. 

I think my HFI 580's are really dam good for $110(but a bit fatiguing). You can try them again.

I don't know. Both of us listened to Crossing Field which didn't have much bass, so that might be why. I was going to try a more bass prominent piece but I wanted to move onto a different headphone since I was pressed for time.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #51,162 of 177,745
Quote:
She tried them but I didn't get a response about them (actually, it was the other variant also widely used in Japanese studios...MDR-7XXX or something). I think the MDR-ZX700 is sometimes called the more modern looking version of the MDR-V6.

mdr-7506 :3 but man, the v6 is indestructible. Read a few comparisons of m50 vs v6 since they're pretty much hand in hand.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #51,163 of 177,745
Quote:

That isn't the DT770 -_- ?

I guess I can bring HFI's in?

I prefer more bass though. HFI's may be more fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back