「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 8, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #175,486 of 177,745
Alright she went from like 100% clueless to Shakespeare level in writing, What.

That being said I'm quite happy this episode happened. We don't have to worry about the development of her writing skills anymore which is great. End of this episode is quite the cliffhanger as well.

I'm pretty sure episode 6 will be the episode where I can comfortably recommend this show.

Feb 8, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #175,487 of 177,745
Is there going to be some sort of meetup afterwards like before?

Are you going too Evey?

I haven't missed a CanJam in the US since RMAF 14, and I plan to continue that tradition. :D So yeah, I'll be in NYC. The international shows are more of a gamble due to budget and/or production schedules. I missed Singapore last year because I was working on three V-Moda videos.

The main reason we planned the meetup last year was because it was Super Bowl weekend, so we wanted to throw something for people to hang out, watch the game, and chill. Without that, a bunch of people would likely have left early to watch sportsball. I haven't heard of anything planned after the show on Sunday. If there's nothing official, I'd be down for an unofficial group dinner or something.

Noice noice :D, def down to meet some of y'all

Ya mang, I told you about CanJam NYC on FB. XD

I was working at FiiO's booth last year, as I will do again this year.

Something will probably be planned at the last minute.

I'll be going to CanJam NYC and SoCal for sure this year. Prooobably RMAF too.

We should do a Chinese New Year celebration! :D

Nice! You get hired to be a booth rep? Who else from FiiO will be there besides you?

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #175,488 of 177,745
Are you going too Evey?

I might if we wanna do a meet up afterwards, grab some dinner or something. Just gotta know what day would be best for y'all.
I'd go at the end of the day and checkout a couple of things and just wait for you guys to de-stall.

Feb 9, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #175,489 of 177,745
Adventures of Mana is beautiful.

Second game on Android I've ever played that I can truely label with the word "beautiful." Unfortunately, despite the high quantity of games, very few are very good on Android. Most stay rather simple (in a bad way) and deliver short burst of pleasure, especially due to the freemium nature of a lot of these games. Adventures of Mana is pricier than most games on Android but still cheap compared to many mediocre PC and console games, so I didn't quite have my hopes up.

So far I must say it's worth every penny and more. Sadly I'm playing on the touchscreen, which still isn't as enjoyable as physical inputs, and I don't have a controller to test how well those work. It's still a bit finicky, but it's tolerable.

Love the story, love the music, love the character and creature designs (so fun!!! o(^_^)b ), the mechanics are simple in a good way: intuitive, not overwhelming, but has nice twists that results in fun puzzles. Nothing feels too cheap or forced. Secret of Mana is available for preorder on Steam for 46 CAD. A bit steep at first for a remastered version of a 25 year old game, but I can see why they are confident they can deliver.

YO MY BABY CHOCOBO JUST BECAME A CYBERORGANIC-JET-PROPELLED INTERSEA HOVERING CHOCOBO. What GAME I'M LITERALLY OUT-HOVERDODGING TRIDENTS SPITTED OUT BY GIANT FISH AND SEAHORSES WHO ARE ANNOYED THAT I'M CONSTANTLY INVADING THEIR NESTS DURING THEIR SLEEP LIKE SERIOUSLY.

27748194_978633898961729_3802787138718699369_o.jpg

27797417_978633845628401_5365206005242111503_o.jpg

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #175,491 of 177,745
Causally skip reading that last 10 pages. Don't mind me, just passing by.

Feb 9, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #175,492 of 177,745
I might if we wanna do a meet up afterwards, grab some dinner or something. Just gotta know what day would be best for y'all.
I'd go at the end of the day and checkout a couple of things and just wait for you guys to de-stall.
It depends on what happens with da boss. I'm officially there for Headphone Guru but I should be able to sneak away on the last day or something. :D

Adventures of Mana is beautiful.

Second game on Android I've ever played that I can truely label with the word "beautiful." Unfortunately, despite the high quantity of games, very few are very good on Android. Most stay rather simple (in a bad way) and deliver short burst of pleasure, especially due to the freemium nature of a lot of these games. Adventures of Mana is pricier than most games on Android but still cheap compared to many mediocre PC and console games, so I didn't quite have my hopes up.

So far I must say it's worth every penny and more. Sadly I'm playing on the touchscreen, which still isn't as enjoyable as physical inputs, and I don't have a controller to test how well those work. It's still a bit finicky, but it's tolerable.

Love the story, love the music, love the character and creature designs (so fun!!! o(^_^)b ), the mechanics are simple in a good way: intuitive, not overwhelming, but has nice twists that results in fun puzzles. Nothing feels too cheap or forced. Secret of Mana is available for preorder on Steam for 46 CAD. A bit steep at first for a remastered version of a 25 year old game, but I can see why they are confident they can deliver.

YO MY BABY CHOCOBO JUST BECAME A CYBERORGANIC-JET-PROPELLED INTERSEA HOVERING CHOCOBO. What GAME I'M LITERALLY OUT-HOVERDODGING TRIDENTS SPITTED OUT BY GIANT FISH AND SEAHORSES WHO ARE ANNOYED THAT I'M CONSTANTLY INVADING THEIR NESTS DURING THEIR SLEEP LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Those look like some final fantasy Choko bird things you ride around

Yup yup. It'll just be me and Bryant I think. Sunny won't be there like she was last year. It ia during Chinese New Year after all. FiiO usually takes the week off.

No idea who Bryant is lul. I'll obviously stop by haha
Causally skip reading that last 10 pages. Don't mind me, just passing by.
Vroom vroom.

Are you into Sim Racing by chance?

Feb 10, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #175,495 of 177,745
can we use animal sacrifices to call upon the big mess like in Berserk and get cool powers from it? my score card with cars isn't great, but I've sacrificed piles of animals(that I've noticed) in the few years I spent driving trains. yet none of the eggs I've eaten so far were looking like that:
d9f50014b303356bd8fd61e1b791e227.jpg

Feb 11, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #175,496 of 177,745
can we use animal sacrifices to call upon the big mess like in Berserk and get cool powers from it? my score card with cars isn't great, but I've sacrificed piles of animals(that I've noticed) in the few years I spent driving trains. yet none of the eggs I've eaten so far were looking like that:

I've sacrificed my social life. Worked very well so far, just ignore my chronic depression. :p

----------

Discovered my favorite racing game of all time, QQ Speed, is on mobile now! Haven't played that game in such a long time. I still remember when I struggled to play it on my grandmother's potato desktop over a decade ago. Now I can play it smoothly on my average-ish phone. How times have changed...

Opening up the game, hearing the music then seeing the mascot with more polished art and now animated brings back so much memories.

Then I heard the new voice for the mascot and so my excitement died. XD For some reason, I can't stand Chinese voice actors trying to mimick a high pitched voice. I'm okay with people naturally having those voices, but for some reason, all the voice actors hired to do these voices in Chinese sounds forced. :p

Also, the beginners cart looks just as terrible as I remembered when viewed from the front. Happy they didn't change that design after a decade. xD

20180211_130509.png

Screenshot_20180211-081513.png

Screenshot_20180211-094436.png

-------------

One of my teachers gave me a book he wrote.

I can totally hear his voice as I read this. Captured his humor 100%.

27787956_979380725553713_2282151563494728282_o.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #175,497 of 177,745
Really liked Violet Evergarden Ep 5. Wow, I teared up at one point.

Alright she went from like 100% clueless to Shakespeare level in writing, What.

That being said I'm quite happy this episode happened. We don't have to worry about the development of her writing skills anymore which is great. End of this episode is quite the cliffhanger as well.

I'm pretty sure episode 6 will be the episode where I can comfortably recommend this show.

I don't think its that big of a draw. Her other deficencies were that she could not coorelate the real feelings of people when being told by words to then put on paper.

But she has yuuuge knowledge of books and how this stuff works in writting. She therefore just wrote up some fake AF fairy tale stuff based on her memory of how this stuff goes.

I've forgottena bout Berserk....but now you brought it back up. Poor Guts

I've sacrificed my social life. Worked very well so far, just ignore my chronic depression. :p

----------

Discovered my favorite racing game of all time, QQ Speed, is on mobile now! Haven't played that game in such a long time. I still remember when I struggled to play it on my grandmother's potato desktop over a decade ago. Now I can play it smoothly on my average-ish phone. How times have changed...

Opening up the game, hearing the music then seeing the mascot with more polished art and now animated brings back so much memories.

Then I heard the new voice for the mascot and so my excitement died. XD For some reason, I can't stand Chinese voice actors trying to mimick a high pitched voice. I'm okay with people naturally having those voices, but for some reason, all the voice actors hired to do these voices in Chinese sounds forced. :p

Also, the beginners cart looks just as terrible as I remembered when viewed from the front. Happy they didn't change that design after a decade. xD

-------------

One of my teachers gave me a book he wrote.

I can totally hear his voice as I read this. Captured his humor 100%.

1v1 me on Project Cars 2 bruh.

Anime mod the cars so we have waifus in the passenger seat

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #175,498 of 177,745
Really liked Violet Evergarden Ep 5. Wow, I teared up at one point.
I don't think its that big of a draw. Her other deficencies were that she could not coorelate the real feelings of people when being told by words to then put on paper.

But she has yuuuge knowledge of books and how this stuff works in writting. She therefore just wrote up some fake AF fairy tale stuff based on her memory of how this stuff goes.

I think somewhere in the episode (talk with Lt. Hodgins or Cattleya? Don't remember who) talking about how Violet has gained a lot of experience over the past couple months (so that's the time gap between the end of the last episode and this one) and I think they showed Violet with a lot of books at some point? I'm not sure if I'm remembering the book part wrong but I think there was some scene with that.

Anyways that was my guess as well; she's very diligent and also literate so I would have expected her to read tons of books as well to get a better idea as to how to write (hence why she's so good at writing love letters now). She understands the intricacies of intentions versus what to actually write now compared to before where she needed people to show really strong emotions to find the right words.

Feb 11, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #175,499 of 177,745
I think somewhere in the episode (talk with Lt. Hodgins or Cattleya? Don't remember who) talking about how Violet has gained a lot of experience over the past couple months (so that's the time gap between the end of the last episode and this one) and I think they showed Violet with a lot of books at some point? I'm not sure if I'm remembering the book part wrong but I think there was some scene with that.

Anyways that was my guess as well; she's very diligent and also literate so I would have expected her to read tons of books as well to get a better idea as to how to write (hence why she's so good at writing love letters now). She understands the intricacies of intentions versus what to actually write now compared to before where she needed people to show really strong emotions to find the right words.

Yeah there's that too. We know she is super talented. The bad writing she did in ep 3 was at the start of her career. So over these few months she has just been taught and gotten way better. Why else would the owner send her to write for a princess?

Yeah agreed. She knows how to write well due to how much she has read (researched in military) but can't put those emotions to herself and for that reason is a auto memory doll. To find out the meaning of her commanders words of "I love you"

It's one of the shows I highly look forward to every week. Overlord II being another as well.

aqmZPAVL1_480w_v1.jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #175,500 of 177,745
Yeah there's that too. We know she is super talented. The bad writing she did in ep 3 was at the start of her career. So over these few months she has just been taught and gotten way better. Why else would the owner send her to write for a princess?

Yeah agreed. She knows how to write well due to how much she has read (researched in military) but can't put those emotions to herself and for that reason is a auto memory doll. To find out the meaning of her commanders words of "I love you"

It's one of the shows I highly look forward to every week. Overlord II being another as well.

*snip*

I'm actually hoping for some really nice fight scenes for episode 6. They showed a very short clip with her just destroying people on the battlefield in what looked like trench warfare and then her running through No Man's Land (I think this is the term they used for the area between 2 trenches).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back