「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Feb 3, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #175,456 of 177,744
Ran the benchmarks at high setting, 1080p on my XPS 15 with a 1050.

1050 running at stock speeds:

1.png

Slightly overclocked the 1050 just for the lolz. Managed to kick down the poor Radeon Pro 570 on the chart. :D

2.png

The FPS count was mostly under 30. Did drop under 20 once or twice.

CPU usage was pretty fine the whole time. Did stutter once during the benchmark, when they were riding the chocobos I think. Might have been because of VRAM limitation?

The benchmark pretty much used all 4 GB of VRAM. That's pretty brutal for mobile users who don't have a decent gpu.

Might run benchmarks for the other settings later when I have time.

------------------------------------

Violet Evergarden EP 04 was okay, but didn't quite live up to my expectations.

I can see where some of the negativity is coming from as a single episode of the show, but having never read the source material, I can't claim I can understand all of it, nor can I say I look at this episode negatively.

Looking forward to next episode!

--------------------------------

Ran benchmark at 720p. Forgot to downclock the gpu so there's that.

Untitled.png

I play most of the somewhat demanding games at this resolution since my laptop monitor isn't really big enough for me to care.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #175,457 of 177,744
TIL that my fake Bose AE2w adapter can be connected to two devices simultaneously

Nisemono!

Strawberries make tea and milk. Look at my daily intake of strawberry milk tea with bubbles.

QED It's a hybrid between mammals and deep sea crustaceans that has been illegally harvested and subjected to great torture before being turned into pianos. Shame on us humans! >:xf_eek:

The Ple Ple Pleiades and other OVAs are pretty fun too after you've finished staring a full documentary of how to PTW while looking epic. :p

-------------------------------

Sweet animation I randomly bumped into.

tumblr_p3ieyaYCHP1wwebt3o1_500.gif

Definately gonna check out the OVA,

dang, that looks epic. Original animation or from a show?

Ran the benchmarks at high setting, 1080p on my XPS 15 with a 1050.

1050 running at stock speeds:

Slightly overclocked the 1050 just for the lolz. Managed to kick down the poor Radeon Pro 570 on the chart. :D

The FPS count was mostly under 30. Did drop under 20 once or twice.

CPU usage was pretty fine the whole time. Did stutter once during the benchmark, when they were riding the chocobos I think. Might have been because of VRAM limitation?

The benchmark pretty much used all 4 GB of VRAM. That's pretty brutal for mobile users who don't have a decent gpu.

Might run benchmarks for the other settings later when I have time.

------------------------------------

Violet Evergarden EP 04 was okay, but didn't quite live up to my expectations.

I can see where some of the negativity is coming from as a single episode of the show, but having never read the source material, I can't claim I can understand all of it, nor can I say I look at this episode negatively.

Looking forward to next episode!

--------------------------------

Ran benchmark at 720p. Forgot to downclock the gpu so there's that.

I play most of the somewhat demanding games at this resolution since my laptop monitor isn't really big enough for me to care.

I'm guessing those are teh benchmark tools for FF XV?

Always looking forward to violet almostgarden. That's my schitt

source.gif

Feb 3, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #175,459 of 177,744
Dang, no 3-gatsu no Lion for 3 weeks because of winter olympics.

Recent episodes have immediately shot this show up to anime of the year status.

From ~7:40 and a bit onwards is by far my favorite part of this episode. Music was gorgeous and the shot with Souya on a violet-white mixed background closing his eyes and smiling was fantastic. One of the first times we get to see him quite happy. Review session was fantastic as well.

Souya and Kiriyama have a really interesting dynamic that I want to see more of.

Also Souya is really, really thoughtful. His nonverbal communication skills are great as well.

The monologue-less recap at the beginning of the episode was kind of like b-roll or something (probably not the correct term but hopefully it gets my point across). I thought it was a great decision.

Also nice to find out a bit more about Souya's hearing condition. A ton of people thought that hea was flat out deaf. He's definitely not, they even say it explicitly. Also not to sound weird or anything but he's really gorgeous when he's sleeping.

Nikaibro is also back.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #175,460 of 177,744
dang, that looks epic. Original animation or from a show?

I'm guessing those are teh benchmark tools for FF XV?

I believe it's a personal piece by the person who's name is in the corner.

***UPDATE***

Here you go!

https://twitter.com/pancakehotmot

***UPDATE FINI***

Yeah those are the FF XV benchmark tool results. Kinda want to keep it for fun, but it takes a decent chunk of storage for a benchmark. Might delete it after the novelty feeling is gone.

---------------------------------

5 years ago, I made a website that had a list of resources I've used to learn various things. I've completely forgotten about it but apparently the website is still up. Was still in high school back then.

For the first time ever since, someone contacted me by email, thanking me to compile that stuff and asking me to update a few links that are down. XD

It's both cute and cringeworthy that someone actually took that site seriously.

Welp, time to erase my dark history from the face of the internet! :p

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:09 PM Post #175,462 of 177,744
I believe it's a personal piece by the person who's name is in the corner.

***UPDATE***

Here you go!

https://twitter.com/pancakehotmot

***UPDATE FINI***

Yeah those are the FF XV benchmark tool results. Kinda want to keep it for fun, but it takes a decent chunk of storage for a benchmark. Might delete it after the novelty feeling is gone.

---------------------------------

5 years ago, I made a website that had a list of resources I've used to learn various things. I've completely forgotten about it but apparently the website is still up. Was still in high school back then.

For the first time ever since, someone contacted me by email, thanking me to compile that stuff and asking me to update a few links that are down. XD

It's both cute and cringeworthy that someone actually took that site seriously.

Welp, time to erase my dark history from the face of the internet! :p

Link that shizz for us before you take it down....Mr. Dark Flame Master!

07238852df93facf40389bb30d8344f45487c6ba_hq.gif

Feb 4, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #175,463 of 177,744
Feb 4, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #175,465 of 177,744
Link that shizz for us before you take it down....Mr. Dark Flame Master!

07238852df93facf40389bb30d8344f45487c6ba_hq.gif

I think it went by something like demstaar.weebly.com

I'll check after some sleep. Was suppose to be a blog thingy where I update my self teaching progress. Also wanted to play around with making a website, just to apply what I've learnt. Got depressed and suicidal a few months later so that never worked out.

Eventually took down all the pages except for the resources page and home page. Thought people might find it helpful.

Nothing actually links back to that site so I am surprised people actually can find it.

Now feast your eyes on the crap known as my past.

If any of you can read Chinese, please don't translate the cringe.

If anyone can't read English, please don't ask for translations of the cringe. :p

--------------------

Was able to try out the XPS 13 today with a Kaby Lake CPU.

Man, the keyboard is so much better than my XPS 15. My XPS gave me hand cramps, the edge of the laptop cut into my wrist and the trackpad positioning is awkward, though recent updates to the precision drivers + habits has made the palm rejection algorithms work for me.

The XPS 13 truly felt like a tiny, premium device. Keys were a bit more roomy, didn't have as severe of an offset that resulted in a bit of ulnar deviation for my left hand or result in my left wrist being poked by the corner of the laptop, and the keys actually had tactile feedback! The one on the 15" took me quite a while to learn how to type on, was quite stiff while somehow still being mushy, often missed because I didn't press directly on the center of the key, or the dome is pressing up too hard, lifting the keycap just enough to not register as being pressed down even though my finger is clearly pressing the key (common when holding a key in games to move). Almost everyone I asked said it felt pretty bad, which always puzzled me as many people love the keyboard on the XPS. I thought the two versions wouldn't have that much of a different in keyboards so I must have mixed the two.

Opening the 13" version felt good. Same with the 2-in-1 version. The 15" version was right next to them so I was able to compare directly (and check my sanity). As soon as I opened the 15" version, I felt the edge of the base cut into my fingers.

The 15 inch version really felt like a compromize machine, in which comfort was thrown out the window for size and performance. I guess they must have chosen the crappy keyboard and the awkward chassis to fit all those beefy components huh... Hope the newer versions are better, especially as they chose shrunk the device even more, so they clearly had space to play with.

27545654_976142839210835_8907534082543757953_n.jpg 27709445_976142752544177_8631474808280176617_o.jpg

Still love my current XPS. Some of the stuff, like the positioning of the keyboard and the trackpad size is mostly due to the form factor. Same with the edge cutting into the wrist due to the increased thickness. Not something I really care about now as I've gotten used to it (and use a second keyboard instead :p ), but it does make the machine feel a bit more compromized, where they sacrificed a bit of comfort for keeping the aesthetics while still cramming all the hardware into the laptop.

Just an interesting discovery that I didn't expect today. Always thought that Dell used the same keyboard on both the 13 and 15 inch models, as well as on the Inspiron and Precision lines to save cost. Couldn't think of any other reason why they didn't take advantage of the larger space to put a different, larger keyboard on the 15 inch model.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #175,466 of 177,744
Hm... It's been a year already!

Life of Black Tiger sure has some nice original sound tracks...

:p

Yeah I saw that today as well. Parasyte's NExt to you i believe it is

I think it went by something like demstaar.weebly.com

I'll check after some sleep. Was suppose to be a blog thingy where I update my self teaching progress. Also wanted to play around with making a website, just to apply what I've learnt. Got depressed and suicidal a few months later so that never worked out.

Eventually took down all the pages except for the resources page and home page. Thought people might find it helpful.

Nothing actually links back to that site so I am surprised people actually can find it.

Now feast your eyes on the crap known as my past.

If any of you can read Chinese, please don't translate the cringe.

If anyone can't read English, please don't ask for translations of the cringe. :p

--------------------

Was able to try out the XPS 13 today with a Kaby Lake CPU.

Man, the keyboard is so much better than my XPS 15. My XPS gave me hand cramps, the edge of the laptop cut into my wrist and the trackpad positioning is awkward, though recent updates to the precision drivers + habits has made the palm rejection algorithms work for me.

The XPS 13 truly felt like a tiny, premium device. Keys were a bit more roomy, didn't have as severe of an offset that resulted in a bit of ulnar deviation for my left hand or result in my left wrist being poked by the corner of the laptop, and the keys actually had tactile feedback! The one on the 15" took me quite a while to learn how to type on, was quite stiff while somehow still being mushy, often missed because I didn't press directly on the center of the key, or the dome is pressing up too hard, lifting the keycap just enough to not register as being pressed down even though my finger is clearly pressing the key (common when holding a key in games to move). Almost everyone I asked said it felt pretty bad, which always puzzled me as many people love the keyboard on the XPS. I thought the two versions wouldn't have that much of a different in keyboards so I must have mixed the two.

Opening the 13" version felt good. Same with the 2-in-1 version. The 15" version was right next to them so I was able to compare directly (and check my sanity). As soon as I opened the 15" version, I felt the edge of the base cut into my fingers.

The 15 inch version really felt like a compromize machine, in which comfort was thrown out the window for size and performance. I guess they must have chosen the crappy keyboard and the awkward chassis to fit all those beefy components huh... Hope the newer versions are better, especially as they chose shrunk the device even more, so they clearly had space to play with.

Still love my current XPS. Some of the stuff, like the positioning of the keyboard and the trackpad size is mostly due to the form factor. Same with the edge cutting into the wrist due to the increased thickness. Not something I really care about now as I've gotten used to it (and use a second keyboard instead :p ), but it does make the machine feel a bit more compromized, where they sacrificed a bit of comfort for keeping the aesthetics while still cramming all the hardware into the laptop.

Just an interesting discovery that I didn't expect today. Always thought that Dell used the same keyboard on both the 13 and 15 inch models, as well as on the Inspiron and Precision lines to save cost. Couldn't think of any other reason why they didn't take advantage of the larger space to put a different, larger keyboard on the 15 inch model.

I'm surprised the site stayed operational without you doing stuff to it. And free hosting as well i see. Curious how some random soul even found it?

If I could imbue a chuunibyou tag on you. I would absolutely tag your username with "Dark Flame Master" (mods...plzzzzz) lol

I'm ok with my XPS 15 keyboard. I don't use it as often as my desktop one so not really a huge deal.

The new XPS 13 is fairly impressive for performance in terms of size and battery life.

Feb 5, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #175,467 of 177,744
I'm surprised the site stayed operational without you doing stuff to it. And free hosting as well i see. Curious how some random soul even found it?

I wonder if one day tumblr/wordpress will go the way of geocities/angelfire. XD

Hmmm then again hosting has become much cheaper than before, so maybe not?

TB2XlkSXhSYBuNjSsphXXbGvVXa_!!20130757.jpg

Not a bad expression.

Feb 6, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #175,468 of 177,744

Not a bad expression.
So...rapey enough? :p :D

----------------

image.png
image.jpeg

*Concerned*

-------------

I hope I don't sound too bitter with the post about the XPS keyboard. :p

I'm honestly in love with the compactness of my XPS and have gotten used to the keyboard. I just found it fascinating that they keyboards are completely different. In pictures, they look absolutely the same! I was walking back and forth comparing the 13 inch and the 15 inch models on display to know I'm not going crazy. XD

------------

Upgraded my old Samsung tablet to Nougat finally. This tablet was from 2013, bought for me as a birthday present that I never wanted. The only present I ever want is to just let me sleep in that day, but someone always has to wake me up at 5 to 6 am in the morning to wish me a happy birthday so that wish was never granted and I've had miserable birthdays my whole life. :D

This tablet was lower speced than even it's smaller brothers and had an Intel cpu (while it's smaller brothers are all arm based). That resulted in a lot of compatibility issues, and tinkering this tablet was difficult as it didn't get much support by Samsung or on xda.

However, once you take away all the boat, even after 4 years, it's still a decent machine.

The newest upgrade managed to lower audio latency below 70 ms. With my dac, about another 10 to 15 ms lower. Unfortunately, USB OTG is still unstable and can't be used reliably on this ROM.

70 ms for rhythm games is very tolerable! Always tried on my iPhone for this stuff but the screen is a bit small for quite a few games. Happy I can put my old tablet to work. It was literally unopened for a year or two as I never wanted or needed a tablet. :p

image.png
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2018 at 5:40 PM Post #175,470 of 177,744

Not a bad expression.

Ahhh yisss, I remember Angelfire as well. Read some scary stories there and also downloaded some things

Def a good expression :D

So...rapey enough? :p :D

----------------

*Concerned*

-------------

I hope I don't sound too bitter with the post about the XPS keyboard. :p

I'm honestly in love with the compactness of my XPS and have gotten used to the keyboard. I just found it fascinating that they keyboards are completely different. In pictures, they look absolutely the same! I was walking back and forth comparing the 13 inch and the 15 inch models on display to know I'm not going crazy. XD

------------

Upgraded my old Samsung tablet to Nougat finally. This tablet was from 2013, bought for me as a birthday present that I never wanted. The only present I ever want is to just let me sleep in that day, but someone always has to wake me up at 5 to 6 am in the morning to wish me a happy birthday so that wish was never granted and I've had miserable birthdays my whole life. :D

This tablet was lower speced than even it's smaller brothers and had an Intel cpu (while it's smaller brothers are all arm based). That resulted in a lot of compatibility issues, and tinkering this tablet was difficult as it didn't get much support by Samsung or on xda.

However, once you take away all the boat, even after 4 years, it's still a decent machine.

The newest upgrade managed to lower audio latency below 70 ms. With my dac, about another 10 to 15 ms lower. Unfortunately, USB OTG is still unstable and can't be used reliably on this ROM.

70 ms for rhythm games is very tolerable! Always tried on my iPhone for this stuff but the screen is a bit small for quite a few games. Happy I can put my old tablet to work. It was literally unopened for a year or two as I never wanted or needed a tablet. :p

Hmmmm, I wonder who.

Intel based CPU SoC on an Android tablet? huh........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back