「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #174,856 of 177,744
So....y'all recommend as a good show or is it just bat schiit insane throughout?

Mostly because I remember making fun of Jgray about 5 years ago (holy schiit its been that long) for it as the show looked bad.

I watched it two years ago and really really really liked it. :jecklinsmile:
So let's see... You made fun of jgray for it 5 years ago, watched it 2 years ago and are now asking if you should watch it?
:confused:
Edit: you call this the confused smiley now? C'mon head-fi gimme back the guy with 3 question marks on his head :D

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #174,857 of 177,744
So let's see... You made fun of jgray for it 5 years ago, watched it 2 years ago and are now asking if you should watch it?
Edit: you call this the confused smiley now? C'mon head-fi gimme back the guy with 3 question marks on his head :D

He appeared! :0

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #174,858 of 177,744
Damn, we lost him again. Reminds me of someone...

171260.jpg

Dec 13, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #174,860 of 177,744
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 13, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #174,862 of 177,744
I was using Humanity has Declined as an example. I was asking about watching symphonogeeaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
:deadhorse:

We summoned him!

The wife in Working!! that vanishes all the time, just like you :cry:

BOOOOOOOM BURN

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #174,863 of 177,744
Buying dakimakuras is such a frustrating experience outside of Japan. I get nothing but drop-shipper bootleg stores when I google "dakimakura Australia".

The high quality inner pillows go for around 240 dollarydoos drop-shipped on eBay and such, probably around 180 or so if bought in single quantities imported through a proxy.

And what's a guy gotta do to get some decent info on purchasing the covers. The community is very... "gatekeeper-esque" especially because there are lots of bootlegs around. AND DOES NO WEEABOO OWN A DECENT CAMERA WITH A MACRO LENS UGHHHHHH, I DONT WANT A DARK PICTURE INSIDE YOUR BEDROOM.

I'm this close to bulk buying the inner pillows and reselling them locally...might even start "dakimakuracheck" a place for objective dakimakura reviews. =P

Dec 13, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #174,864 of 177,744
Noice

IMG_3446.jpg

Also spotted some of these posters at the stations...eye-catching to say the least :smile:

(edit: looped the GIFs and increased delay time between frames)

OTmB2RD.gif

sp1aXbe.gif

4sBMcHz.gif

20170825221653contentPhoto1.jpg

Got a pair of Sennheiser PXC 550s. Sound + ANC is very good, almost as good as the QC35's, but the ear cup swivel power switch will take a bit of getting used to when placing the headphones down somewhere outside of its carry case. Cushions are pretty comfortable but I don't like the thin-feeling pleather material Sennhesier used for the headband padding. The Beats Executives (with a similarly designed headband) feel more premium in that aspect.

• Straight away the quality control is noticeably inferior to Beats'. The PXC 550 has prominent parting lines on the yoke and molding defects in a couple places.
  • The headband sizers are very loose and barely click in place. They just kind of slide all over the place. Not sure if this is a design defect or manufacturing defect.
  • ANC toggle is somewhat difficult to use when the headphones are in use. Couldn't they have made it bigger?
  • I dislike the fact that the headphone end of the cable terminates in a 2.5mm jack and Sennheiser wasn't generous enough to include a regular three-conductor cable.
  • The four-conductor cable with inline remote didn't even work properly with the included airline adapter, causing the audio to sound very "hollow" and lacking bass/volume. Sennheiser probably never even tested it in the field.
  • Touch controls on the right ear cup are not ergonomic at all. I didn't know the headphone still had its own internal volume adjustment even in wired mode. Also very easy to accidentally trigger. Would be better if there were more tactile features on the touch surface.
  • That 2.5mm end of the cable is damn near impossible to plug in in the dark. The receptacle on the headphone is flush with the ear cup so you can't even feel for it.
  • The soft touch finish picks up fingerprints too readily. I much prefer Beats' matte black finish.
Overall I give the PXC 550 a 6/10

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #174,865 of 177,744
So....y'all recommend as a good show or is it just bat schiit insane throughout?

Mostly because I remember making fun of Jgray about 5 years ago (holy schiit its been that long) for it as the show looked bad.

I watched it two years ago and really really really liked it. :jecklinsmile:

All things considered, maybeyou should start now. There's only going to be more seasons to watch later on when season 5 is airing later.

Dec 14, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #174,866 of 177,744
Buying dakimakuras is such a frustrating experience outside of Japan. I get nothing but drop-shipper bootleg stores when I google "dakimakura Australia".

The high quality inner pillows go for around 240 dollarydoos drop-shipped on eBay and such, probably around 180 or so if bought in single quantities imported through a proxy.

And what's a guy gotta do to get some decent info on purchasing the covers. The community is very... "gatekeeper-esque" especially because there are lots of bootlegs around. AND DOES NO WEEABOO OWN A DECENT CAMERA WITH A MACRO LENS UGHHHHHH, I DONT WANT A DARK PICTURE INSIDE YOUR BEDROOM.

I'm this close to bulk buying the inner pillows and reselling them locally...might even start "dakimakuracheck" a place for objective dakimakura reviews. =P
get some of the big maternity pillows that will cost even more for no reason, and "dress" them up by drawing some sexy stuff on the cover, like a boss.
images

so cute you just want to hug her!

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #174,867 of 177,744
I haven't posted here for ages.

Now, back to hiding.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #174,868 of 177,744
Dec 14, 2017 at 10:06 AM Post #174,869 of 177,744
Somethin' ain't adding up...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Edit: images are waaaaay too big as is

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread