「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 11, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #174,841 of 177,740
Time to update my AOTY ranking since I forgot about shows I haven’t finished yet, but somehow decided to binged other shows. Also just finished Made in Abyss.

1. Made in Abyss 10/10
2. Tanya 8/10
3. SASAGEYO SASAGEYO 8/SUSME
4. Maid dragon 8/thicc
5. Yuuki Aoi being punchy mecha mahou shoujo idol 7/10
6. Demi-chan 7/10 and urararararara meirochou

there’s also LWA, but I’ve only watched like 1/5 of the while season, so I don’t rally want to rank it anywhere yet.

Reminder of my scoring if anyone cares and wants to fite me:
“How I rate: by my heart and enjoyment. So away with your objectivity.
1 = crap that even bacteria won't want as food
5 = averagely normal
10 = super awesome god tier fanboying territory F you”

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #174,844 of 177,740
I can't read. I'm allergic :-/
It's true. He breaks out in these hideous sores. It's a nightmare.
947959fca8e59a433786fe22429d5d56--deadpool-face-life-is-beautiful.jpg

Thankfully text to speech is a thing.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #174,846 of 177,740

Spawn is prettier than Deadpool. it's so unfair that he's got the crappy movie back then and Deadpool got the funny one clearly planned for way more sequels than Fast&furious, to be milked even more than Disney does Star Warzzz. also he just looks like too much of a nice guy IMO. I call lies! gimme more Spawn instead. Violator is a nice guy with a sense of humor too, and good looking. that makes 2 good looking dudes in one go.

Grand Blue, the stuff where after like a hundred pages we've had 300 naked dudes. it could be called, "stupid guy enters fraternity" and it would have been a more relevant title. well it's easy to read a story with apparently no plot, I'll give it that much. but I got bored and dropped it before he actually went into any body of water(not even a bathtub or a cousin). maybe grand blue is for a tall guy with blue eyes that he ends up falling for? I couldn't say.

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #174,847 of 177,740
Spawn is prettier than Deadpool. it's so unfair that he's got the crappy movie back then and Deadpool got the funny one clearly planned for way more sequels than Fast&furious, to be milked even more than Disney does Star Warzzz. also he just looks like too much of a nice guy IMO. I call lies! gimme more Spawn instead. Violator is a nice guy with a sense of humor too, and good looking. that makes 2 good looking dudes in one go.
Normally it feels like I might be one of the few people who enjoyed the Spawn film back in the 90s, but I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that you might have as well. I'd love a new Spawn film, but isn't the IP currently in the middle of ownership disputes or something?

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #174,848 of 177,740
I have no idea, but it indeed doesn't make things easier.
I didn't like the movie because the switch between bad 3D and the ugly plastic costume really sucked bad in several scenes. but as a true fanboy now and forever, I'd eat Spawn crap every meal if they gave it to me. #noselfesteem

Dec 11, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #174,849 of 177,740
Grand Blue, the stuff where after like a hundred pages we've had 300 naked dudes. it could be called, "stupid guy enters fraternity" and it would have been a more relevant title. well it's easy to read a story with apparently no plot, I'll give it that much. but I got bored and dropped it before he actually went into any body of water(not even a bathtub or a cousin). maybe grand blue is for a tall guy with blue eyes that he ends up falling for? I couldn't say.

Yep that! Well it was supposed to be about diving... I don't know whatever happened to that storyline though...

Dec 12, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #174,850 of 177,740
REally Really enjoyed Just Because and looking forward to the newest episode. Got caught up within 2 days of me posting on asking.

Also started watching Land of the Lustrious. Very interesting. Took me a while to notice the gems were technically genderless and ambiguous (although leaning more towards the feminine side). Show also is interesting and has done some things I would not have expected from first look. Great take on mixing CG with hand drawn and most of the time, the frames are consistent without the typically noticeable CG frame drops you see (prob not enough time to render fully or well)

Time to update my AOTY ranking since I forgot about shows I haven’t finished yet, but somehow decided to binged other shows. Also just finished Made in Abyss.

1. Made in Abyss 10/10
2. Tanya 8/10
3. SASAGEYO SASAGEYO 8/SUSME
4. Maid dragon 8/thicc
5. Yuuki Aoi being punchy mecha mahou shoujo idol 7/10
6. Demi-chan 7/10 and urararararara meirochou

there’s also LWA, but I’ve only watched like 1/5 of the while season, so I don’t rally want to rank it anywhere yet.

Reminder of my scoring if anyone cares and wants to fite me:
“How I rate: by my heart and enjoyment. So away with your objectivity.
1 = crap that even bacteria won't want as food
5 = averagely normal
10 = super awesome god tier fanboying territory F you”

Awesome to see you liked MiA. I also heavilly enjoyed that show. Did you see Princess Principal? Same season as MiA and I also liked it. I'd give that show a 8/10 as well with some serious 9/10 moments only brought down by 'some' elements I won't say.

I highly enjoyed Tanya as well. You rarely see shows that would take a salaryman male and drop them into a tiny shoujo body.

Question as you haven't let me down yet with your recommendations that allow me to embark on the path of good tasteness. What do you think of Symphonogear or what should I expect?

Anyone here read Grand Blue before?

I see it a lot on /r/manga but haven't personally read it as the synopsis did not interest me.

I can't read. I'm allergic :-/

55c.jpg

Schiit. We need to take this one out back.

And dragon dictate machines!

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #174,851 of 177,740
Awesome to see you liked MiA. I also heavilly enjoyed that show. Did you see Princess Principal? Same season as MiA and I also liked it. I'd give that show a 8/10 as well with some serious 9/10 moments only brought down by 'some' elements I won't say.

I highly enjoyed Tanya as well. You rarely see shows that would take a salaryman male and drop them into a tiny shoujo body.

Question as you haven't let me down yet with your recommendations that allow me to embark on the path of good tasteness. What do you think of Symphonogear or what should I expect?
tbh, I didn't really rate MiA that high until after I've finished it, because of the you-know-what episodes and scenes. I don't really connect with the two MCs, and I find Riko a bit annoying. Granted they are children and so act like it, so there's that. But man, those episodes though... Just thinking about it made my heart ache.

Don't really care of the convoluted theme for Tanya, but more in love for Yuuki Aoi's performance as a psycho Nz loli.

I'll say this with any other that would listen, right after I switched off my hypemouth about symphogear: get on board for the mecha mahou shoujo idol singing and ridiculous and silly scenes. Otherwise, I think you can ignore it. Season 4 is blander than usual, the songs don't really hype me up much, the fights are okay, there's a naked man throwing nukes, and the deus ex machina this time is uninspired. Fun fact, Yuuki Aoi is the orange punchy mahou shoujo idol, but her song this time in S4 is meh.

for the sequels, I'll rate S2=S3>S4. I don't think it's fair ranking the S1 as well. It's a bit different tone.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:34 PM Post #174,852 of 177,740
tbh, I didn't really rate MiA that high until after I've finished it, because of the you-know-what episodes and scenes. I don't really connect with the two MCs, and I find Riko a bit annoying. Granted they are children and so act like it, so there's that. But man, those episodes though... Just thinking about it made my heart ache.

Don't really care of the convoluted theme for Tanya, but more in love for Yuuki Aoi's performance as a psycho Nz loli.

I'll say this with any other that would listen, right after I switched off my hypemouth about symphogear: get on board for the mecha mahou shoujo idol singing and ridiculous and silly scenes. Otherwise, I think you can ignore it. Season 4 is blander than usual, the songs don't really hype me up much, the fights are okay, there's a naked man throwing nukes, and the deus ex machina this time is uninspired. Fun fact, Yuuki Aoi is the orange punchy mahou shoujo idol, but her song this time in S4 is meh.

for the sequels, I'll rate S2=S3>S4. I don't think it's fair ranking the S1 as well. It's a bit different tone.

Riko is annoying because well...she's still a little girl. The world is twisted and she is following her dreams down that wicked path.

My heart aches too Nnnnaa

maxresdefault.jpg

---
I personally liked Aoi Yuukis performance due to how much gap there was between her other roles. I believe she was Madoka and also Yoshiko in Aho Girl. So serious range

---
Yeah, I heard S1 of Symphonogear had some issues and it didn't start getting hype until like S2 and onwards

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #174,853 of 177,740
Symphogear S1 is the best season though. The music gets better in 2 and 3 but the main thing is it is meme status What-ness. S1 had a story that made sense, after that it just gets bonkers and people watch it for the lulz.

Dec 12, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #174,854 of 177,740
So....y'all recommend as a good show or is it just bat schiit insane throughout?

Mostly because I remember making fun of Jgray about 5 years ago (holy schiit its been that long) for it as the show looked bad.

I watched it two years ago and really really really liked it. :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #174,855 of 177,740
Symphogear S1 is the best season though. The music gets better in 2 and 3 but the main thing is it is meme status What-ness. S1 had a story that made sense, after that it just gets bonkers and people watch it for the lulz.

This is really why I didn’t rank it with others. It has its own feel to it and I don’t feel okay comparing it with other seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back