☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 20, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #1,607 of 5,932
I haven't been able to really pinpoint the sound signature of the Carbon from the impressions so far. It doesn't seem to be for instance warm like a V200 or bright like a Mjolnir (useful characteristics with cans that have the opposite signature). Is there a Cavalli "house sound" that the Carbon shares with its bigger siblings?

May 21, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #1,609 of 5,932
  I haven't been able to really pinpoint the sound signature of the Carbon from the impressions so far. It doesn't seem to be for instance warm like a V200 or bright like a Mjolnir (useful characteristics with cans that have the opposite signature). Is there a Cavalli "house sound" that the Carbon shares with its bigger siblings?

Although I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the LC yet, after reading the many posts from the SoCal Can Jam meet and the Nashville meet concerning the LC, it seemed that the amp was often described, when paired with the ethers at least, as being very musical and having a high quality soundstage presentation.

I didn't gather that the LC was either very warm or very bright, and being new to the head fi world I haven't experienced enough headphones to know which style I like better, or perhaps lean toward.  The reason I pre-ordered the LC was because I know that I will really enjoy products that have a great musical quality, and also present a high quality soundstage.  From what I've read, this is what the LC seems to excel at...

May 21, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #1,610 of 5,932
lol I am still really not quite sure what a "musical-sounding" piece of gear means. or "musical monitor" or "musical but neutral." I kinda think everything that plays music wld be musical ya? lol.

those terms were thrown around recently quite a lot... specifically for the liquid cavalli and mr speaker ether. So I ordered both to see what people really mean by that phrase hahah. :)

May 21, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #1,611 of 5,932
I would describe the sound signature of the LC as neutral, but with enough of a touch of added warmth to really give the sound that extra bit of weightiness that makes everything sound so right.

I think "musical but neutral" would be a good way to describe what I just said.

May 21, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #1,612 of 5,932
  I would describe the sound signature of the LC as neutral, but with enough of a touch of added warmth to really give the sound that extra bit of weightiness that makes everything sound so right. I think "musical but neutral" would be a good way to describe what I just said.

@chowmein83, have you heard the Lyr 2 before? that is kind of what I think of when I read your description of neutral with a touch of additional warmth on an amplifier. looking forward for hearing equipment described as 'musical but neutral' for myself.

May 21, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #1,613 of 5,932
@chowmein83
, have you heard the Lyr 2 before? that is kind of what I think of when I read your description of neutral with a touch of additional warmth on an amplifier. looking forward for hearing equipment described as 'musical but neutral' for myself.

Not to the degree of a lyr for me. Good, neutral amp that comes from a deep dark background. Has an engaging quality that I can't really define. It is not colored to me. A lyr is kind of euphoric to me. A bit colored in a nice way.

May 22, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #1,614 of 5,932
  @chowmein83, have you heard the Lyr 2 before? that is kind of what I think of when I read your description of neutral with a touch of additional warmth on an amplifier. looking forward for hearing equipment described as 'musical but neutral' for myself.

Unfortunately, I have not heard the Lyr 2 for a long enough time to be able to form an opinion. I think you already got your answer though.
smile.gif

May 22, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #1,616 of 5,932
  I picked up the lyr 2 to have a little tube flavor in addition to the Carbon. 

niice! what type of tubes are you planning on using with your lyr 2?

May 22, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,620 of 5,932
I wonder how many of the original 500 are spoken for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back