☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 22, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #1,622 of 5,932
Couldn't resist, so put in my order.  Now that I did, I am thinking I need a new headphone too since both of my balanced HD650 and RS1 have dual XLRS
blink.gif
 An Ether maybe?

May 22, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,623 of 5,932
  Couldn't resist, so put in my order.  Now that I did, I am thinking I need a new headphone too since both of my balanced HD650 and RS1 have dual XLRS
blink.gif
 An Ether maybe?

Hard to go wrong with the LC+Ether! :D

May 22, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #1,624 of 5,932
  Hard to go wrong with the LC+Ether! :D

I heard the Ether through the LC at the Nashville meet.  It is my #2 choice for an upgrade when the LC arrives to the LCD-X.  The Ether is probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Very very nice!

May 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,625 of 5,932

I heard the Ether through the LC at the Nashville meet.  It is my #2 choice for an upgrade when the LC arrives to the LCD-X.  The Ether is probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. Very very nice!

Haha twinzies. I won't be buying the Ether anytime soon because of some things to take care of but I'm getting it too for my LC to compliment my LCD-X.

May 22, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,628 of 5,932

So you feel the Ether is an upgrade to the LCD-X?  Just in comfort, or in sound also?

Thanks..

I was probably not as clear as I could have been.  I will be getting a LCD-X sometime around the time the LC arrives.  I did not listen to the LCD-X on the LC so it is going to be a little bit of a leap of faith.  The Ether was playing hi-res tracks from a AK120ii(not completely sure about the model) through a Auralic Vega($3500 DAC) into the LC.  I also heard the Ether through a Yggy/Rag stack and a Woo WA5.  Through all this high dollar and power equipment the Ether was superb.  Later I was able to directly A/B the Ether and LCD-X on a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack which was a closer approximation of the equipment I have or contemplate getting to go with the LC.  When doing this The LCD-X comes out on top for me.  It had a more complete presentation than the Ether across the spectrum or the Audeze sound signature fits me better since I use LCD-2f as my primary cans.  On the Ether impressions thread several people have noted that the Ether can sound much different through a variety of combinations.  As for comfort I could forget the Ethers were on my head.

May 22, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,629 of 5,932
  I was probably not as clear as I could have been.  I will be getting a LCD-X sometime around the time the LC arrives.  I did not listen to the LCD-X on the LC so it is going to be a little bit of a leap of faith.  The Ether was playing hi-res tracks from a AK120ii(not completely sure about the model) through a Auralic Vega($3500 DAC) into the LC.  I also heard the Ether through a Yggy/Rag stack and a Woo WA5.  Through all this high dollar and power equipment the Ether was superb.  Later I was able to directly A/B the Ether and LCD-X on a Gungnir/Mjolnir stack which was a closer approximation of the equipment I have or contemplate getting to go with the LC.  When doing this The LCD-X comes out on top for me.  It had a more complete presentation than the Ether across the spectrum or the Audeze sound signature fits me better since I use LCD-2f as my primary cans.  On the Ether impressions thread several people have noted that the Ether can sound much different through a variety of combinations.  As for comfort I could forget the Ethers were on my head.

Thanks.  I always find myself wanting to apply the transitive property of mathematics to headphones, but it really just doesn't work.  So the LCD-X sounds better, but maybe it doesn't because that was a different upstream stack... 

Also I was excited for a moment there thinking I was going to get an answer on how the AK120II sounds though the LC and Ether, but there was that pesky Vega DAC in the way..  I will know soon enough myself, hopefully early September.  Except the Ether part...  I'm going to have to "suffer" for a while with my T1 on the LC from the AK120II.  I think I'll manage.

May 22, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #1,632 of 5,932
I've been on the fence for about a month, but I figure it was about time to get into the balanced game. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back