☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 19, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #1,576 of 5,932

The old HE1K thread did get quite alarming but I don't think things will get out of hand this time, since Alex made the preorder details crystal-clear.

I'm not very good with puns though, you guys'll need to give me a second.

Uh... Umm... The Liquid Carbon will take the crown as my best headphone amp?

Hehe a small watch-debate :innocent:

So if i place a order on the crimson it could not handle the Abyss perfect?

Hmm.....It is right at the edge. It will totally depend on your listening level preferences. Sound quality is good (I am not a huge Abyss fan FWIW). If the power is enough for you I am sure you will like the pairing.

May 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,577 of 5,932
This is what happens when you fill a thread with dads.

Let us Pun-tificate...

Or when you frequently check the current time/date against estimates for when the new gear will be released.

Sadly, no children here :frowning2:
But thanks for reminding me about Father's Day!

May 19, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,578 of 5,932
Yeah, this is the fate of gear that won't be in general circulation for months, something has to fill the vacuum!

May 19, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #1,579 of 5,932
Yeah, this is the fate of gear that won't be in general circulation for months, something has to fill the vacuum!

Speaking of Father's Day, I fill my vacuum with cheerios and goldfish, generally.  o.O

May 19, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,580 of 5,932

Speaking of Father's Day, I fill my vacuum with cheerios and goldfish, generally.  o.O

Hopefully the cracker type....

With that said, I'm quite happy with how Alex pops in from time to time so we at least feel a little in the loop.

My last preorder experience was with Michael Goodman, and the HiFi-M8 was a much longer process.  But he had a blog for us to follow, so that helped fill the time

May 19, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,581 of 5,932
Yes, speculation and off topic meanderings are a vicious cyclone I've seen on many pre-launch threads. We will also see people trying to comb the threads and clean up the foreign debris, and those who simply state that waiting sucks!

Chronology of a pre-release thread:
•Manufacture alerts the community of upcoming product
•the time is set for preorder and release
•The lucky few chime-in on their pre-production demo impressions.
•The early birds synchronize a frenzied spending attack on the preorder launch.
•Anxious buyers set their clocks to countdown to release day.
•Prospective buyers and community members ask questions in the hopes of ticking the boxes off of system requirements and benefit desires.
•Manufacturer periodically resets customer's clocks by answering questions and sharing juicy details, possibly photos of the skeleton of their product.
•the last two bullet points cycle again and again, though some people make speculations that are only right twice a day.
•Production and anticipation wind up in correlation as time advances close to release.
•Time's-up! The preorder peeps tend to write ringing endorsements while on the other hand those who did not preorder read lap after lap of reviews.
•After a honeymoon hype period, conversation hits the snooze button till those who waited for first reviews make their orders and confirm the initial impressions.

(Okay I'm done, I had to kill time waiting for someone to finish lunch.

May 19, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,583 of 5,932
So guys what headphones are you planning to pair the Carbon with? Also I wonder if anyone has heard the HD800 + Carbon mix yet.

May 19, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #1,584 of 5,932
  So guys what headphones are you planning to pair the Carbon with? Also I wonder if anyone has heard the HD800 + Carbon mix yet.

I have an HE-560 as my main rig right now, but I may be upgrading to a HE-1000 or Dharma this year.  We shall see...

May 19, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #1,585 of 5,932

Balanced...HD650 and HD800.  OE.......DT880/600,  Q701 QJ,  K712 Pro, X2s.

May 19, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,588 of 5,932
Will start out with current LCD-2f but plan to move up to LCD-X.  I heard the Ether on the LC at the Nashville meet.  Very nice!

May 19, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,590 of 5,932
  T1, another potential marriage in heaven...
I have one doubt: the dharmas, being hybrid electrostatic, would be match-able with the LC ?

The Dharmas don't need a special amp, they'll run off normal amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back