☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
May 2, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #1,246 of 5,932
Thanks for the info, DigitalFreak. Great to hear the LC appears to be everything we're all hoping it'll be.

On the subject of DACs, fed up waiting for the Pulse Infinity to arrive, I've got a Hugo TT and DiDiT DAC212 here for demo at the moment. The performance of the DAC212 in particular has blown me away, so I'm planning on pairing one of those with the LC. An expensive DAC to pair with a $600 amp for sure, but sounds to me like the LC is up to the job. Anyway, your source can never be too good imho :).

May 2, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #1,247 of 5,932
Dr Cavalli,
Is there any chance you would add a balanced kobiconn input for the LC?

It's kind of a rare input if you think about it.  Is there anything else beside Cypher Labs DACs that use it?

May 2, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,250 of 5,932
Curious, besides the 500 units cap for the preorder price, is there a date deadline as well?

May 2, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,252 of 5,932
Ah, and he talks about hearsay.

Again nobody knows who you are talking about. You are not very clear in your expression.

Just let go  … 
L3000.gif

May 2, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #1,255 of 5,932
I should have a "rival" amp, the MicroZOTL, to review in about a month, though it's twice as expensive as the LC, and it'll take much longer for the LC to arrive. And, it's not really transportable...maybe it's not actually a rival, but it'll be interesting to compare if ruining works out...

May 2, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #1,256 of 5,932
^^ haha...let me put it this way. I haven't heard an amp under 1k that gave me the kind of balance, tone, versatility that the Carbon does (pre-pro). And I've owned and heard quite a few in this price category. The HA-1 is a compelling product in this price range if not just over budget. But then again when I consider those two products, the HA-1 is 2x the price of the Carbon. 

May 2, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #1,257 of 5,932
I should have a "rival" amp, the MicroZOTL, to review in about a month, though it's twice as expensive as the LC, and it'll take much longer for the LC to arrive. And, it's not really transportable...maybe it's not actually a rival, but it'll be interesting to compare if ruining works out...

I love my MicroZOTL...... particularly with my HP-2's and any smaller ensembles (Quartets etc.). Tone bleeds from my pours, also great with the early Grado's and Opera!

May 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,258 of 5,932

I love my MicroZOTL...... particularly with my HP-2's and any smaller ensembles (Quartets etc.). Tone bleeds from my pours, also great with the early Grado's and Opera!

It's being reissued, upgraded, but this probably isn't the place to go into detail. Search/watch Drbluenewmexico, he's the first one with it, will post a review in the next few weeks, I should get one in about a month. And, I am in for the LC, but likely it's a different animal.

May 2, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #1,259 of 5,932
It's being reissued, upgraded, but this probably isn't the place to go into detail. Search/watch Drbluenewmexico, he's the first one with it, will post a review in the next few weeks, I should get one in about a month. And, I am in for the LC, but likely it's a different animal.

I just hope it has David's blessing.........

May 2, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #1,260 of 5,932

I just hope it has David's blessing.........

It does, and his input. (but he's not the principal in its release).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back