☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 29, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #1,216 of 5,932
I see, I misunderstood your post.  

You'll never retire from this hobby!  You know as well as I do that trying all the different equipment is half the fun!  :p

Thx to ebay one could have a lot of fun and trials for quite cheap. Trouble starts when you give into the new, shinny stuff hype. E.g. right now the Ether is tickling my wallet quite hard :) ... and this amp isnt looking so bad either

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #1,217 of 5,932
Yes. I couldn't resist even the Australian exchange rate is bad. I also has a Geek pulse infinity ordered (God know when it will arrive!) Currently considering whether to get a micro IDSD to go with the setup. Z7 out of ak240 balanced sound pretty good though.

I'm surprised you don't want to go straight from the AK240 to the LC...

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,219 of 5,932
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, I had a brief look and couldn't find it, so:

When I read the first post, I read it as a limited amount of units for a reduced price ($599), for a limited amount of time.
But, I think this is just the way I'm reading it, and it's actually simply a limited amount of units for the final price.
All I know for certain is I better hurry up and order one, but which one is accurate?

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,220 of 5,932
Apologies if this has already been asked/answered, I had a brief look and couldn't find it, so:

When I read the first post, I read it as a limited amount of units for a reduced price ($599), for a limited amount of time.
But, I think this is just the way I'm reading it, and it's actually simply a limited amount of units for the final price.
All I know for certain is I better hurry up and order one, but which one is accurate?

As I read it there would be 500 units sold on the first run at $599.  200 were needed to start production, a number we passed within about 24 hours.

IF there is another run, which Dr. Cavalli was not committing to, they would be about $799 each, a price he was also NOT committing to which would depend on actual production costs learned from the first run.

Based on that I bought one in the first 10 minutes and I was about the 90th buyer in line...

I think we're somewhere in the 350 range now?  I'm not sure...

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #1,222 of 5,932
^ limited run at lower price of 599. Once bought up, next run will be at a higher price.

If Alex decides he wants to make more. Not a given! 

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,225 of 5,932
I'm sure Alex is letting demand dictate how many production runs the LC will eventually have.  Think its safe to assume the 500 pieces will be sold before the production run ends?  I'm sure this run is an indicator as to the demand for nice amplification in the $500 - $1000 price point...

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #1,227 of 5,932
  Based on how long its taking the 1st run to sell (I thought for sure it would sell-out in minutes), I doubt a 2nd run will happen.

I would disagree with that reasoning.  I think it's likely that a lot of folks are waiting to see the final unit, see some reviews, etc. before pulling the trigger.  I suspect that after the first run hits the streets, there will be a spike in demand for a second run.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #1,228 of 5,932
I agree with Stillhart. There are many who will not purchase a product that's unproven in the wild. Cavalli has a couple of prototypes out there but no production versions exist. But personally I think now would not be the time to go by that logic since we may not ever see a second run. And if we do see a second run Alex has said he may need to raise the prices to offset the additional production costs.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #1,229 of 5,932
  I agree with Stillhart. There are many who will not purchase a product that's unproven in the wild. Cavalli has a couple of prototypes out there but no production versions exist. But personally I think now would not be the time to go by that logic since we may not ever see a second run. And if we do see a second run Alex has said he may need to raise the prices to offset the additional production costs.

That's why I'm surprised 1st run units are still avail for purchase. I've never seen a Cavalli ad and those who know about them already wanted a Liquid Gold or another of their amps.

Guess we'll have to wait and see after the reviews arrive. Just curious to see how quickly a 2nd run, if done, would sell at $800. And that's assuming the 1st run actually sells out which hasn't happened yet.

Apr 30, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #1,230 of 5,932

Do I really have to agree with Dan and Brian? Geez...

Yes, once the production units hit the street and the reviews flow (good number of senior Head-Fiers appear to have jumped on the LC bandwagon, so their viewpoints will carry some weight) then demand will jump. The calculus will then be how much the LC supports Alex's strategy/business model. Is it an entry-point to people working up the Cavalli ladder? That would be great for him. If it's just a category unto itself I'd say he needs to raise prices and decide how much he wants to focus in this area. 

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back