☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,202 of 5,932
Yes. I couldn't resist even the Australian exchange rate is bad. I also has a Geek pulse infinity ordered (God know when it will arrive!) Currently considering whether to get a micro IDSD to go with the setup. Z7 out of ak240 balanced sound pretty good though.

Little off topic, but are you a Z7 owner that order an LC too?  I'm hoping I'm not the only one wanting this amp to help the Sony headphone shine....

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #1,203 of 5,932
Ordered an LH Labs Wave and source, with the various upgrades...this should work however one wants it to for the LC, but who knows when we'll finally get this stuff...

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #1,204 of 5,932
I'm thinking I'll be getting the Yggy for the Carbon. I mean, why not? I love Schiit and their attitude, I think they deserve my money and from what I hear, the Yggy is one of the best DACs ever made. And I'll use it in my future speaker setup as well. Save up my tax returns and put some money aside and I'll have it in a couple of years.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #1,205 of 5,932
I'm thinking I'll be getting the Yggy for the Carbon. I mean, why not? I love Schiit and their attitude, I think they deserve my money and from what I hear, the Yggy is one of the best DACs ever made. And I'll use it in my future speaker setup as well. Save up my tax returns and put some money aside and I'll have it in a couple of years.

good plan :) I was contemplating a similar course of action as I can't really find any standalone balanced dac that is very appealing to me under the $1k price point (except maybe the dc-1 which is a dac/amp combo). If going to get something expensive anyways, might as well go all out & don't worry about upgrading later down the road.

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,206 of 5,932
Re: Yggy

Oops there goes portability  -

Only weighs half a ton and needs 3 months to warm up …. 
evil_smiley.gif

And you have to keep it on all the time. In ten years time it has paid for itself in electricity. whoosh

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,207 of 5,932
good plan :) I was contemplating a similar course of action as I can't really find any standalone balanced dac that is very appealing to me under the $1k price point (except maybe the dc-1 which is a dac/amp combo). If going to get something expensive anyways, might as well go all out & don't worry about upgrading later down the road.

It'll definitely be a while with the Modi 'till then, so I'll have plenty of time to just listen to music. Besides, that means I get to read all sorts of reviews on the Yggdrasil 'till I get it. And when I do it'll be a crazy big stepup, so hopefully the sound'll be even more fantastic than it already is!
Besides, the Carbon is going to look adorable on top of the Yggy!

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #1,210 of 5,932

It was just a few weeks ago you were trying to justify an HD650 purchase, and now you are up to a Yggy....

.....what have we done to you?  I'm a little ashamed.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #1,213 of 5,932

Time for a Elan Musk-Mike Moffat collaboration, call it Musky Schiit. 

Elan Musk already has a company that will help.  Clean, cheap solar power means you don't have to worry about leaving your stuff on.  Just sayin.  :wink:

Also, @money4me247, I'm surprised you're getting caught up in the need for a balanced DAC too.  There are some amazing DAC's under $1000 that aren't balanced; it seems weird to jump up to $2300 JUST to get balanced.  

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,214 of 5,932
  Elan Musk already has a company that will help.  Clean, cheap solar power means you don't have to worry about leaving your stuff on.  Just sayin.  :wink:

Also, @money4me247, I'm surprised you're getting caught up in the need for a balanced DAC too.  There are some amazing DAC's under $1000 that aren't balanced; it seems weird to jump up to $2300 JUST to get balanced.  

lol I don't think I need balanced and I honestly doubt it would make that significant of a difference. just curious & wanna try it. I already have an amazing sub-$1k dac that isn't balanced :) just bored & looking to waste $$$ I guess hahaha. kinda getting tired of jumping from one side grade to another, so thinking maybe just go all out & retire from this hobby.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,215 of 5,932
  lol I don't think I need balanced and I honestly doubt it would make that significant of a difference. just curious & wanna try it. I already have an amazing sub-$1k dac that isn't balanced :) just bored & looking to waste $$$ I guess hahaha. kinda getting tired of jumping from one side grade to another, so thinking maybe just go all out & retire from this hobby.

I see, I misunderstood your post.  

You'll never retire from this hobby!  You know as well as I do that trying all the different equipment is half the fun!  :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back