☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Mar 8, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #5,521 of 5,932
Guys,
It's a $600.00 amp with lifetime warranty. It sounds very good.
I have one in my office, (#83) but I can't wait to get home to listen to an amp I paid $650.00 for.
Im not getting rid of mine, but it's not like it's the best amp in he world for its price.

How does it compare to your Feliks Audio Elise at home?

Mar 8, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #5,522 of 5,932

Hope to see ya there.

I can't wait! I'll be demoing the crap out of the Cavalli booth
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #5,523 of 5,932

Sorry guys, but In my opinion the Elise with stock tubes is better. With $100.00 proper upgrade the Elise kills the Carbon.
I am a tube guy by heart. The Carbon does have a tube "feel" to it.

JMO

LC#83
ELISE #28

P.S. I feel the dac is more important than the amp. I use Hegel Hd12 with the LC, and a Space tech tube dac with the Elise.
They are both quality dacs. Worth way more than the amps they are controlling. I feel it' comparable.

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #5,524 of 5,932

With stock tubes the Feliks Audio Elise has a more magical vibe, but when I turn mine up past 1:00 I get distortion on the bass. I just can't get it loud enough without distorting. 

I have over 40 headphones. Every single pair of headphone I tried with the Elise gets wooly and distorted in the bass when I turn the volume past 1:00. 

I'm thinking that if I change tubes i can solve the problem, but who needs the hassle? If I had the choice between the two I'd pick the Carbon without hesitation. I get the tube vibe i want if I use the Aune T1 mkII as a tube DAC.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,525 of 5,932
Im working up courage to apply my LC discount on a Liquid Gold. Still, it's $3400. And I have an Audio-gd Master 11 that I just adore. Any thoughts?

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #5,526 of 5,932
My Liquid Carbon just broke I think. Getting distortion on everything at every level. It's a 2nd hand Carbon, does the warranty apply?

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #5,527 of 5,932
Umm, something very weird is happening........I have my headphones plugged into the 3.5mm output of my Liquid Carbon and I'm getting music-my Liquid Carbon isn't plugged in! It sounds great too. lol.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #5,529 of 5,932

Mine does

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #5,530 of 5,932
Mar 9, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #5,531 of 5,932
Plug a 3.5 headphone in there, remove the power plug, and listen

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #5,533 of 5,932
My LC started distorting, I think I know what's wrong, but I can't fix it. Anyway I checked the other outputs for distortion and saw the 3.5 around back. I plugged my EL-8s in and got no distortion. So I turned off the LC because I'm about to pack it up and send it to Cavalli right? But the music is still playing out of the EL-8s even though the amp was turned off........So I say What and remove the power cable.........music is still playing LOUDLY without a power cable connected.........

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #5,534 of 5,932
My LC started distorting, I think I know what's wrong, but I can't fix it. Anyway I checked the other outputs for distortion and saw the 3.5 around back. I plugged my EL-8s in and got no distortion. So I turned off the LC because I'm about to pack it up and send it to Cavalli right? But the music is still playing out of the EL-8s even though the amp was turned off........So I say What and remove the power cable.........music is still playing LOUDLY without a power cable connected.........

That is so weird. Firstly that 3.5mm is the single ended input. I'm now going on the assumption that your amp was connected to the source through the balanced inputs to have music. I'm not sure whats the exact build inside (nor am I an expert) but sounds to me like the caps are discharging so theres still music. Since its not 'turned on' per say, the music is output at its max power (either balanced max or single ended max).

But that is just baseless and pointless remarks. The fact that its playing from the input is weird enough. Maybe you have the only 3.5mm output LC out there who knows.

Mar 9, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #5,535 of 5,932
It was connected to the source through the RCA inputs, I'm going to video the music playing without power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back