☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Nov 21, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #4,126 of 5,932

Well it is almost 7PM there. Should show up soon? 

Um, it almost 5pm in Jersey now.  did it come yet??
I know it seems foolish, but must spend 90+% of my time listening through headphones. Between the "tyrrany of the sweet spot", and a family who have to study, watch TV, listen to what they want, don't like my dissonant jazz or Indie stuff blasting, and the comfort of lying down in my bed with the MicroZOTL2 and HE-1000, I don't get to the big rig all that often. Today, with me stuck, and the ladies out at the mall, time to get reacquainted...
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #4,127 of 5,932
Not yet, 4:45 PM right now, they say Saturday all day on the tracking site, not sure how long that is. Wish they would get here so I could get some lunch...
Moved on to Spraynard-"Mable", some indie, noisy, but near the front door so I can hear the door bell...(Sturgill Simpson on deck).

I know it seems foolish, but must spend 90+% of my time listening through headphones. Between the "tyrrany of the sweet spot", and a family who have to study, watch TV, listen to what they want, don't like my dissonant jazz or Indie stuff blasting, and the comfort of lying down in my bed with the MicroZOTL2 and HE-1000, I don't get to the big rig all that often. Today, with me stuck, and the ladies out at the mall, time to get reacquainted...:)

Well it is almost 7PM there. Should show up soon? 

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #4,128 of 5,932
LIke this Spraynard...remind me of Green Day or All Time Low, a bit less polished, vocals more raw, music a bit more varied and interesting...(not great recording, though, edgy, even on the vinyl, but tolerable).

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #4,129 of 5,932
Not yet, 4:45 PM right now, they say Saturday all day on the tracking site, not sure how long that is. Wish they would get here so I could get some lunch...
Moved on to Spraynard-"Mable", some indie, noisy, but near the front door so I can hear the door bell...(Sturgill Simpson on deck).

Sometimes it seems like it's our fate to be at the end of the delivery route.  Mine didn't show up until nearly 4 P.M.

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #4,130 of 5,932
That and, for me,  the day I go home to meet them at their "normal" time they change their route...go figure.
mad.gif

Good thing about where live is that there are only two or three trucks and I know about where they are at certain times of day. Heck I even have a couple of them flagging me down if they see me drive by. 
biggrin.gif

That being said I had to drive three hours in a blizzard to Fargo to pick-up my 009's, my fault for fat fingering the zip code.
blink.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4,131 of 5,932
Munching on granola, do like this Sturgill Simpson "Metamodern Sounds in Country Music" LP, catching up with vinyl, family is on the way home now, though, so volume goes down, still no LC (5:20 PM, tracking site still says it's to be delivered today). Are worse fates out there, to be sure...

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4,132 of 5,932
Munching on granola, do like this Sturgill Simpson "Metamodern Sounds in Country Music" LP, catching up with vinyl, family is on the way home now, though, so volume goes down, still no LC (5:20 PM, tracking site still says it's to be delivered today). Are worse fates out there, to be sure...

5.31pm, here, and counting... I was expecting you to say "Finally...!"  and "Whew"... or something along those lines...  However, for what it's worth,  I can relate, and truly sympathize...  Hopefully, it won't be too long from now...

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4,133 of 5,932

Don't. Use. The. Bathroom. 

(They always buzz when I'm in the bathroom.)

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4,134 of 5,932
Quick question about the burn in process, remember Alex saying something about using it in balanced mode. Did he mean the input has to be balanced, i.e. XLR and not RCA or was he referring to just the output, i.e. headphones connected to the 4-pin XLR and not the SE out? Also, in the manual it says the headphones don't need to be connected during the burn in process, so how exactly do you go about it? I haven't received mine yet, just an eager beaver reading the manual!

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #4,135 of 5,932
  Quick question about the burn in process, remember Alex saying something about using it in balanced mode. Did he mean the input has to be balanced, i.e. XLR and not RCA or was he referring to just the output, i.e. headphones connected to the 4-pin XLR and not the SE out? Also, in the manual it says the headphones don't need to be connected during the burn in process, so how exactly do you go about it? I haven't received mine yet, just an eager beaver reading the manual!

Have balanced headphones plugged in.  Don't worry about the inputs...

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #4,136 of 5,932
Nov 21, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #4,137 of 5,932

The input should not matter due to the phase splitter.
The manual recommends disconnecting the headphones when you are not listening to the amp during the break-in period.

Have balanced headphones plugged in.  Don't worry about the inputs...

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #4,138 of 5,932
Keeping busy (still no LC...)

(don't believe I did misunderstand, tracking site says "all day Saturday).

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #4,139 of 5,932
And, 5:50 PM, IT HAS ARRIVED! (time for lunch :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back