☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Nov 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #4,157 of 5,932
Nov 22, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #4,158 of 5,932
I like the Liquid Carbon, it sounds incredible for its size and cost; however it does not come close to the Liquid Glass or Crimson. I will mostly use the Carbon, when I am travelling, I still need to finish burning to the Carbon, perhaps its sound signature will improve, in such a way its better than its larger siblings.

Nov 22, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #4,159 of 5,932

I am surprised at the balanced input markings.  It was difficult to determine left versus right.  There are just a couple lines that you have to compare to the RCA input which are color coded but have similar lines.  I guess this is the Ying / Yang test.

I take it you didn't notice that one of those lines forms the letter 'L', and the other forms the letter 'r'  
wink.gif

It is a strange font.

Nov 22, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #4,161 of 5,932
How's the LC with the Hugo? I can't wait anymore!!! I want mine nowww!!!

Sadly haven't tried it yet...my folks don't have rca cables hahaha...got to buy a set...but in planning to use crystal cable ICs when I return to the Philippines

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #4,162 of 5,932
@audiofrk and @Barra, I truly enjoyed reading your back-and-forth comments in this forum back in July, a discussion on the difference between tube and solid state, analytic versus euphoric, and in particular the Liquid Carbon versus the Eddie Current Black Widow. Have either of you received your Liquid Carbon? Do you have any further insights into its sound signature, now listening on your at-home setup?

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #4,163 of 5,932
I like the Liquid Carbon, it sounds incredible for its size and cost; however it does not come close to the Liquid Glass or Crimson. I will mostly use the Carbon, when I am travelling, I still need to finish burning to the Carbon, perhaps its sound signature will improve, in such a way its better than its larger siblings.

Are you the lucky guy who got the last Glass? I emailed them, hesitated a bit and as they say you snooze you lose. Sigh.

Nov 22, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #4,164 of 5,932
ok, just quickly, it does sound nice with the balanced HEK, good PRAT, full tone. Surprised how light it is. Early going right now, not up to the MicroZOTL2, though, in air, detail, LC more close up perspective/in your face presentation (sometimes a good thing), not at all burned in (and, the ZOTL is twice as expensive, shouldn't be embarassed by the LC. Amp differences are subtle, though, they are there, but the LC is good sounding in its own right. More after burn in.

Sounds about right. Switching between the Carbon and my Taurus, I hear the Cavalli as not the last word in air or detail... but smooth and fun. Good match with a pair of Audeze's for example. HEK? Not so much.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #4,165 of 5,932
Why not the HEK? It was said it's a great match. Smooth and fun? Why not :)
I'd say the contrary IMO.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #4,166 of 5,932
I've tried it, and I think my HEK sounds just fine on my carbon, but it's not the first can I'd reach for with this amp.

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #4,169 of 5,932
Comes down to preference.

Exactly. What I meant (and following on from doctorjazz's post) is that if you want a really detailed and airy sound ie more hd800 or hek than Audeze, and want an amp that sounds exactly like that, this is probably not the last word.

If on the other hand you think the hd800 and hek are plenty airy and detailed enough by themselves and prefer something smooth and fun, then why not :D

Nov 22, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #4,170 of 5,932
Are you the lucky guy who got the last Glass? I emailed them, hesitated a bit and as they say you snooze you lose. Sigh.

Yes I apparently I got the last Liquid Glass, the owner's manual has me listed as # 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back