☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Nov 20, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #4,096 of 5,932
http://www.head-fi.org/t/763905/finding-a-dac-for-the-cavalli-liquid-carbon-only-four-months-to-go

Thanks for that, although I suspect that reading it may end up costing me money 
smile.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #4,097 of 5,932
Opinion question:

I have the parts to convert my T1's to 4pin Xlr, how badly do you think that will hurt the resale? I'm planning on Ether C's by Christmas and don't want to cut the cord if it's going to tank the resale.

Though as good as this sounds right now I don't know why I need the ethers... It's making me very curious about the balanced connection..

You could cut the cord 8" or so from the end and make a 4 pin XLR to 1/4" to adapt back and forth...

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #4,098 of 5,932

You could cut the cord 8" or so from the end and make a 4 pin XLR to 1/4" to adapt back and forth...

That's what I have the parts waiting for in my basement.  Since April...  I was just wondering what people thought this would do to the value of the T1's in the classifieds.  Assuming I'm so blown away by the Ether C's with the LC that I want to sell the T1's.

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #4,099 of 5,932
How do the T1's sound with the LC?? I am really thinking hard about buying the T1(1st gen) and getting the balanced cable for it. Any of your impressions will help. Thank you kindly.

I don't have anything on hand to compare it to, but they sound great.  I've only got about 2-3 hours in so far, Jesse Cook, Pink Floyd the wall, and Diana Krall.  More must be explored tonight.

New toys...

Nov 20, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #4,100 of 5,932
I don't have anything on hand to compare it to, but they sound great.  I've only got about 2-3 hours in so far, Jesse Cook, Pink Floyd the wall, and Diana Krall.  More must be explored tonight.

New toys...

Well, please do post as the burn-in process progresses. BTW You are naming some the artists I really enjoy to listen to. My top three favorite genres are Jazz, singer/songwriter, and EDM. I have been burnimg in my LC for about 24 hours now and I don't habe a balanced headphone to listen to yet your impressions will help steer my poor broken wallet! Hahaha

Nov 20, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,101 of 5,932
Well, please do post as the burn-in process progresses. BTW You are naming some the artists I really enjoy to listen to. My top three favorite genres are Jazz, singer/songwriter, and EDM. I have been burnimg in my LC for about 24 hours now and I don't habe a balanced headphone to listen to yet your impressions will help steer my poor broken wallet! Hahaha

Well, the plan is for some Rodrigo & gabriela tonight.  The problem is listening to different music in little bites I'm not sure I'm going to hear much in the way of differences.  I really need to get some "ears off" burn in going and see if I hear anything there.

To be honest though, I was very pleased last night, I couldn't hear anything "wrong" with what I was listening to.  I don't even think that I have buyers need to justify since the money was spent so long ago, it really doesn't feel like a "I just spent $615 on this so it better sound good" purchase. 

If I notice any changes I'll update though.  I think I'm going to go ahead and put the balanced connector on my T1's anyway.  The 2nd generation came out recently and the resale on my gen 1's is probably in the toilet anyway... 

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #4,102 of 5,932
Hopefully I get it today (no one home when they came yesterday, so they took it away, wah wah wah), have a Norne balanced cable for my HE-1000 waiting for the LC (got it with single end, balanced for LC and balanced for Pono, haven't had the opportunity to use the LC balalced yet). Hope they leave it...

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #4,103 of 5,932

That's what I have the parts waiting for in my basement.  Since April...  I was just wondering what people thought this would do to the value of the T1's in the classifieds.  Assuming I'm so blown away by the Ether C's with the LC that I want to sell the T1's.

You would be making usable to more people, in my useless opinion.  Usually that means it has more value...

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #4,104 of 5,932
Got mine. Like it a lot. Well done Cavalli!

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #4,105 of 5,932
Hello folks. A problem update on the first batch.

At least some of the packages that went out USPS have something wrong in the address and are being returned to sender. I don't know why this is happening and have contacted the fulfillment people to get to the bottom of it.

But, if you are overseas and asked for USPS shipping and you get a "undeliverable" notice please contact us right away.

Thanks.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #4,106 of 5,932
Hello folks. A problem update on the first batch.

At least some of the packages that went out USPS have something wrong in the address and are being returned to sender. I don't know why this is happening and have contacted the fulfillment people to get to the bottom of it.

But, if you are overseas and asked for USPS shipping and you get a "undeliverable" notice please contact us right away.

Thanks.

Darn,
I'm one of the unlucky ones.

Nov 21, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #4,107 of 5,932
Darn,

Even to Canada? I wonder if I can change my shipping to FedEx before it ships?

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4,108 of 5,932
I'm one of the unlucky ones too but tracking shows it just departed from Austin Texas and its on route so I'm guessing what ever was wrong has been corrected

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #4,109 of 5,932
Darn,

Yes, this really sucks. The delays on the metal parts were bad, but not unexpected for a project like this. But the USPS shipping problems are simply a screw up on the part of the fulfillment team. We are working on it, but the timing now is largely gated by transit times through the USPS system.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #4,110 of 5,932
I'm one of the unlucky ones too but tracking shows it just departed from Austin Texas and its on route so I'm guessing what ever was wrong has been corrected

I have the ssme info.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back