☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Apr 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #332 of 5,932

Based on what Dr Cavalli said about how the balanced amp works (much earlier in the thread), I'd have no hesitation using an SE DAC with it.  Keep in mind it was demoed with a Hugo at Canjam (which is SE) and based on that, a lot of folks are buying one. 

Good point. Dr Cavalli, what's your view on this? If you were in our shoes would go the balanced out DAC route or would you just find a nice sounding DAC with SE out? 

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #333 of 5,932
  Good point. Dr Cavalli, what's your view on this? If you were in our shoes would go the balanced out DAC route or would you just find a nice sounding DAC with SE out? 

Not to step on Dr. Cavalli's question but, I think it depends on our personal preference and what we can afford.

Obviously, if you can afford a Hugo (which many say was demoed with the carbon), you've chosen very high-end but still great SE out.

I gotta believe any good DAC, SE or balanced, should work well with the carbon.

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #334 of 5,932
Hey Folks. If anyone is still missing a confirmation please mail to support@cavalliaudio.com. Most everything has caught up now, but some things may still be hanging out.

Someone asked about serial nums. They will start a #1. #0 is always reserved for CA.

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #335 of 5,932

Someone asked about serial nums. They will start a #1. #0 is always reserved for CA.

Lol, happy just to get one!  
smile.gif

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #336 of 5,932
  Hey Folks. If anyone is still missing a confirmation please mail to support@cavalliaudio.com. Most everything has caught up now, but some things may still be hanging out.

I asked the question. Oh so the serial numbers are different, not the order numbers? Thought the serial numbers started at 400

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #339 of 5,932
I vote whoever gets amp with serial number one has to buy everyone on this thread a case of beer 
biggrin.gif

Dr Cavalli gets a case of Italian port wine though

Apr 14, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #341 of 5,932

Not to step on Dr. Cavalli's question but, I think it depends on our personal preference and what we can afford.

Obviously, if you can afford a Hugo (which many say was demoed with the carbon), you've chosen very high-end but still great SE out.

I gotta believe any good DAC, SE or balanced, should work well with the carbon.

Maybe that Bottlehead or Calyx DAC is still worth keeping on my list then. Thanks my friend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back