☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jul 21, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #2,282 of 5,932
Woo, welcome to the Ether/LC combo club!

Thanks, I had to really thin out the herd and sell a lot of gear I had lying around to fund the Ether. I'm almost there though. I may keep my CLAS-db and continue using it as my bedroom DAC while letting my RX MKIII-B go. I'm also going to be selling my Project Polaris amp in the next few days.

Jul 21, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #2,283 of 5,932
Ok guys, we're going to play a little game. I just got the publishing date for part II of the Carbon. Guess what the date is and you could win the grand prize of having Warren Chi fly down to your city and move in with you for the next month. He likes chocolate by the way so if you win stock up on lots of kit kats and three musketeers. Also buy some ear plugs because he snores. If you have a wife and kids send them off on vacation, Warren likes to wander around the house in his g-string. In the event there's a tie the true winner will be settled Mad Max style in the thunderdome.

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES!!!

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #2,284 of 5,932
Jul 21, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,285 of 5,932
  In other news, this may be off topic but I've decided to invest in a new headphone to compliment my incoming Carbon. Its going to be a sizable investment but I've decided to bite and purchase the Ether in the very near future. 

Based on my limited experience at the SF Head-Fi meet you will not be disappointed. The sound was spectacular.

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #2,286 of 5,932
So a couple people have said the LC sounded good with the HD800's. Was wondering if the TH900's would be a good match as well? I just recently picked up the HD800's and have been looking for a good amp to drive the HD800's. It would be a bonus if they worked well with the Fostex as well.

Or should I save up and get one of their higher end amps? I'm pretty intrigued by the Cavalli line up. Wondering if there are any places to audition them in Canada.

So ironically I got a message from a Fostex TH 900 owner today who had tried his with the LC amp at the meet last weekend. 
"I spent some time trying out higher end amps with my TH900, and it was nice to hear that they do indeed scale up very nicely with better amplification. In fact, I was so impressed by the slightly warm but dynamic sound I got from the Liquid Carbon (that bass punch!)"

Alex said with a straight face that the LC works well with all headphones - so there's no reason to worry if your specific headphone will work with it, but I do assume some will have better synergy than others. For where you can buy it in Canada, I think it may be sold online only shipped anywhere, and for where you can try it in Canada, I only know to suggest trying the forums for upcoming headphone meets if they may have one coming up there:
http://www.head-fi.org/f/24/local-regional-head-fi-meets-parties-get-togethers

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #2,287 of 5,932
Ok guys, we're going to play a little game. I just got the publishing date for part II of the Carbon. Guess what the date is and you could win the grand prize of having Warren Chi fly down to your city and move in with you for the next month. He likes chocolate by the way so if you win stock up on lots of kit kats and three musketeers. Also buy some ear plugs because he snores. If you have a wife and kids send them off on vacation, Warren likes to wander around the house in his g-string. In the event there's a tie the true winner will be settled Mad Max style in the thunderdome.

25th of July ? :wink:

:joy::joy::joy: I see the g-string picture in front of me, something like this but with a pair of cans on the head ? :joy:

Jul 21, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #2,288 of 5,932
Oh, PS- I just splurged and got my own LC ordered online early this morning - I'm happy to be one of the 'lucky 500'! So now unfortunately for any of you who are still on the fence there's 1 less chance that you'll still make it in time.

Hearing that the LC are still in pre-production, I just hope that the sound from the final production will sound more/less exactly the same as the one I tried at the SF meet.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #2,289 of 5,932
Oh, PS- I just splurged and got my own LC ordered online early this morning - I'm happy to be one of the 'lucky 500'! So now unfortunately for any of you who are still on the fence there's 1 less chance that you'll still make it in time.

Hearing that the LC are still in pre-production, I just hope that the sound from the final production will wound more/less exactly the same as the one I tried at the SF meet.

I don't know why but this is what I thought of when you said lucky 500, lol!

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #2,291 of 5,932
Come On! I can't just unsee that. Worse, I see Warren in that. Ugh.

What we need now is a pic of Warren and someone whose good with photoshop

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #2,293 of 5,932
Come On! I can't just unsee that. Worse, I see Warren in that. Ugh.

I also had a vision of the word "Schiit" on there... somewhere...

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:28 AM Post #2,294 of 5,932

Users who are viewing this thread

Back