☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 4, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #46 of 1,260
Apr 4, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #49 of 1,260
  I think for people who say that the first run carbon devalued, you guys seemingly forget theres LIFETIME WARRANTY. Well that beats anything that is offered already I think.

And the upgrade program. Don't forget about that.

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #51 of 1,260
Subbed, adding a another LC and LS to the stable, Warren are Writers eligable for the Golden Ticket :wink:?

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #52 of 1,260

This, essentially if you move up and purchase a higher end amp from Cavalli you'll be getting the amount paid for the LC in credit. Does this apply to the 2nd batch as well?

It shouldn't. It's time limited so by the time the 2nd batch are produced it expired already.

Apr 4, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #53 of 1,260

This, essentially if you move up and purchase a higher end amp from Cavalli you'll be getting the amount paid for the LC in credit. Does this apply to the 2nd batch as well?

I suspect that if you really wanted to buy a big amp and a LC Warren would work something out with you.

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #55 of 1,260
I hope the Synchophants won't jump all over me. If it had been anything but the Power Supply I wouldn't be concerned. But we are going to find that the first batch sounds inferior even in Balanced Mode. The heart of every system is the power. Just go get a $99 Pangea power cable if you need convincing. If they give away free cables, software and Golden Tickets Fine. But replacing the Heart of the Unit does not sit well with me.
How about if Cavalli has a $200 upgrade program where they upgrade the inferior power supply's and add all the new stuff. Just like Schitt does!
Cavalli has changed and seems to be all about the Marketing. Good job too.
Oh, and the Golden Ticket turns this thing into A Raffle. You should be able to join the Raffle, 'No Purchase Required'.

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #56 of 1,260
I hope the Synchophants won't jump all over me. If it had been anything but the Power Supply I wouldn't be concerned. But we are going to find that the first batch sounds inferior even in Balanced Mode. The heart of every system is the power. Just go get a $99 Pangea power cable if you need convincing. If they give away free cables, software and Golden Tickets Fine. But replacing the Heart of the Unit does not sit well with me.
How about if Cavalli has a $200 upgrade program where they upgrade the inferior power supply's and add all the new stuff. Just like Schitt does!
Oh, and the Golden Ticket turns this thing into A Raffle. You should be able to join the Raffle, 'No Purchase Required'.

I would be more sympathetic to your point of view if the prices were the same. The new run is more like Carbon 2, with slightly different construction and a higher price. 

If you really want the new version, you should be able to get most of your money from the older version. 

Also, if companies like Cavalli had to take hits on old versions every time they released a new version, they'd go out of business!

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #58 of 1,260
I would pay the $200.00 for Cavalli to upgrade the power supply and power cord and software.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #59 of 1,260

Admins, can we please change defbear's screen name to "sourgrapes"?

It's possible that Cavalli will offer an upgrade program of some kind. They've already surprised LC owners with the lifetime warranty and product discount, neither of which they had to do. But your insistence that they cater to your desires RIGHT NOW and swindled you in some way is just baloney. Again, in case you hadn't noticed, the new version is $200 more than the one you bought!

This is like people I see on Macrumors who whinge about how it's not fair that Apple didn't include the latest new technology in their now year-old phone (i.e. TouchID in the iPhone 5 when the 5S was announced). Well guess what, you felt the item in question was worth the money being asked for at the time of sale. If you feel the presence of a new LC with a less noisy SE out suddenly makes your previous purchase worthless, that's on you, not Cavalli.

You mentioned Schiit in your post, referring to the upgrades they offer on the Bifrost, Gungnir, and Yggrdrasil DACs. Note that Schiit explicitly says that their warranty does NOT cover those upgrades. That is, you bought what you bought and if an upgrade becomes available, then you can pay for it, but you're not getting all upgrades for free for the price of the original DAC. And as far as I know, Schiit offers no such upgrade programs for their amps (does the Ragnarok have upgradable components?). If you bought a Lyr and want to get a Lyr 2, well, you just have to buy a whole new amp.

Again, Cavalli has been incredibly generous with first run LC owners. Selling the amps at cost, lifetime warranty, upgrade discount. Right now their focus has been on making the deals to bundle with the new LC, and then getting those orders and going into production. I'm sure after that, they'll look at the possibility of upgrading the power supply in the first run amps. But man, your entitled attitude does you no favors. A lot of people who want an LC can't get one, except at extremely inflated prices. So you know what? Now they get to, and that's pretty rad. And even then they have to wait 14-16 weeks from the end of the sale to even get the amp. Whining like a baby about warranty upgrades and raffles and whatever else makes you sound spoiled. Cavalli owes you nothing beyond the amp they have already delivered to you. If you're not happy with that amp, you can sell it and still get fair market value for it. And, if you're patient, you may even be able to get your current amp ugpraded.

I just got a used LC today. The original owner got their entire investment on the amp back. I knew the second run was coming, and I chose to purchase a used one, both to help out a fellow member who wanted to upgrade amps, and also because I felt the first run amp as is represents a tremendous value, a feeling that has been borne out by listening to it. In balanced mode. As it was designed to be heard.

Just so you don't think I'm a sycophant or picking on you, I agree that some kind of power supply upgrade program would be nice, but at the same time, I'm not expecting it nor am I demanding with balled fists that Cavalli upgrade my amp RIGHT NOW (or actually ever). If they offer it, fantastic! It will continue to speak to their dedication to their customers. If they don't, that's reasonable, as the first run of LC amps were sold for no profit at all.

Oh, and now I see you're posting about this in multiple LC threads. Get over yourself. Sorry for derailing this thread responding to the troll.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #60 of 1,260
Also, if they do offer an upgrade program, I'd hope they offer it without the other added items, as not everyone may want the additional items, or are willing to get them separately. And of course I hope that Cavalli sells the t-shirts as standalone items. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back