☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 4, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #61 of 1,260
Admins, can we please change defbear's screen name to "sourgrapes"?

It's possible that Cavalli will offer an upgrade program of some kind. They've already surprised LC owners with the lifetime warranty and product discount, neither of which they had to do. But your insistence that they cater to your desires RIGHT NOW and swindled you in some way is just baloney. Again, in case you hadn't noticed, the new version is $200 more than the one you bought!

This is like people I see on Macrumors who whinge about how it's not fair that Apple didn't include the latest new technology in their now year-old phone (i.e. TouchID in the iPhone 5 when the 5S was announced). Well guess what, you felt the item in question was worth the money being asked for at the time of sale. If you feel the presence of a new LC with a less noisy SE out suddenly makes your previous purchase worthless, that's on you, not Cavalli.

You mentioned Schiit in your post, referring to the upgrades they offer on the Bifrost, Gungnir, and Yggrdrasil DACs. Note that Schiit explicitly says that their warranty does NOT cover those upgrades. That is, you bought what you bought and if an upgrade becomes available, then you can pay for it, but you're not getting all upgrades for free for the price of the original DAC. And as far as I know, Schiit offers no such upgrade programs for their amps (does the Ragnarok have upgradable components?). If you bought a Lyr and want to get a Lyr 2, well, you just have to buy a whole new amp.

Again, Cavalli has been incredibly generous with first run LC owners. Selling the amps at cost, lifetime warranty, upgrade discount. Right now their focus has been on making the deals to bundle with the new LC, and then getting those orders and going into production. I'm sure after that, they'll look at the possibility of upgrading the power supply in the first run amps. But man, your entitled attitude does you no favors. A lot of people who want an LC can't get one, except at extremely inflated prices. So you know what? Now they get to, and that's pretty rad. And even then they have to wait 14-16 weeks from the end of the sale to even get the amp. Whining like a baby about warranty upgrades and raffles and whatever else makes you sound spoiled. Cavalli owes you nothing beyond the amp they have already delivered to you. If you're not happy with that amp, you can sell it and still get fair market value for it. And, if you're patient, you may even be able to get your current amp ugpraded.

I just got a used LC today. The original owner got their entire investment on the amp back. I knew the second run was coming, and I chose to purchase a used one, both to help out a fellow member who wanted to upgrade amps, and also because I felt the first run amp as is represents a tremendous value, a feeling that has been borne out by listening to it. In balanced mode. As it was designed to be heard.

Just so you don't think I'm a sycophant or picking on you, I agree that some kind of power supply upgrade program would be nice, but at the same time, I'm not expecting it nor am I demanding with balled fists that Cavalli upgrade my amp RIGHT NOW (or actually ever). If they offer it, fantastic! It will continue to speak to their dedication to their customers. If they don't, that's reasonable, as the first run of LC amps were sold for no profit at all.
Well sir, you don't read much. Look above your own post and see where I would be glad to upgrade for $200.00. Putting my money where my mouth is. I'm not flipping or dumping mine. I'm just overly sensitive to power supply issues this week. $200.00 a pop is $100,000.00. But in this world that might not actually cover it. But I shall whine no more. Remember, as I have posted before, people will complain about free money.
Poor use of the term Sour Grapes. That is for something you do not have and cannot get. Sour Grapes would be "I'm not gonna buy a Liquid Gold. I bet it did'nt sound that great anyway" See!

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #62 of 1,260
Well sir, you don't read much. Look above your own post and see where I would be glad to upgrade for $200.00. Putting my money where my mouth is. I'm not flipping or dumping mine. I'm just overly sensitive to power supply issues this week. $200.00 a pop is $100,000.00. But in this world that might not actually cover it. But I shall whine no more. Remember, as I have posted before, people will complain about free money.
Poor use of the term Sour Grapes. That is for something you do not have and cannot get. Sour Grapes would be "I'm not gonna buy a Liquid Gold. I bet it did'nt sound that great anyway" See!

If you'd pay $200, then sell your current one for $600, and buy a new one for $800. Voila! $200 upgrade program. And you'd get the extras and the chance at the golden tickets.

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #63 of 1,260
If you'd pay $200, then sell your current one for $600, and buy a new one for $800. Voila! $200 upgrade program. And you'd get the extras and the chance at the golden tickets.
Good advice, a lot of work though. I will stick with mine. I mostly listen balanced and my LC sounds wonderful just for the record. I would ask Cavalli if the new power supply affects the overall amp or just the SE. I do not see how it could not help but improve the entire amp. But I won't press it as it is not a fair question. Someone will complain no matter what the answer. (Just not me)

Apr 4, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #64 of 1,260
I think it should be kept in mind that the company case in point (Cavalli Audio) is a kind of small, family-run enterprise, pretty much like my local groceries run by a nice italian family here. That is, they have limited capacities catering needs. I mean it speaks volumes that the buyers of the second run Carbon should wait like 14 weeks.

They simply have no capacities to make it faster. That being said, expecting them to offer upgrade to their first batch of Carbon, I personally, find unrealistic. Not to mention the announcement has been made only a few hours ago. I have no affiliation whatsoever towards this company, I just thoroughly enjoy their product and the way they are expressing themselves via here and at Canjam convinced me that they want their buyers to be as happy with their Cavalli products as possible.

I'm pretty sure they will eventually come up with an upgrade possibility IF THEIR SITUATION WILL PERMIT that.

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #66 of 1,260
I should have thought about that! By the way, is that my memory that plays tricks on me, or I have read it somewhere on Head-fi that the new run of Carbons will have more kraft to drive even the lowest sensitivity headphones?

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #67 of 1,260
What if defbear hired by Cavalli

to boost post levels on announcement thread.

Ok ouch! I might deserve it. My point of view has evolved. Over at Audio-gd sometimes they come out with a point upgrade or new chip. We ask Kingwa if we should invest in the newer this or that. He says no(usually). And that's fine. So it's been power supply week for me. Gee, I've never seen an Emotional Response in any post on this entire board. Have I? :wink: I'm keeping my LC. It is a great bargain. If they ever have a PS upgrade, who knows! It's always on the the next thing.

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #69 of 1,260
Hi,
How it works ? And where to place a reservation? I'm interested by one!
Thanks

Looks like you'll be able to reserve it starting tomorrow at noon Central time (GMT-6) on www.cavalliaudio.com.

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #70 of 1,260
All current amps on the new site show a 50% non-refundable deposit for ordering. Will ordering the next LC be similar or will it be the full price plus shipping like last time?

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #71 of 1,260
Specs, info

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #72 of 1,260

​

This final run of Carbons will feature a 2nd generation power supply, which has been designed specifically to reduce noise from the single-ended output.  Of course, we highly suggest that you run your Liquid Carbons with balanced output to get the most out of it, but we’re doing what we can to improve the SE output anyway… for those times when you just don’t have the appropriate balanced cable on-hand.  See, that’s a good surprise right?  
smile.gif

Good advice, a lot of work though. I will stick with mine. I mostly listen balanced and my LC sounds wonderful just for the record. I would ask Cavalli if the new power supply affects the overall amp or just the SE. I do not see how it could not help but improve the entire amp. But I won't press it as it is not a fair question. Someone will complain no matter what the answer. (Just not me)

Based on the above post by Warren and since you mostly listen to balanced anyway, I would wager that the upgraded power supply would not represent a major improvement to your listening experience. I would also be very surprised if the upgraded power supply made a major difference to the single-ended output in any case. I have read no reviews indicating that single-ended output was lacking and I very much doubt that Cavalli would risk their reputation by releasing a product that did not meet their (and their customers') expectations.

Apr 5, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #74 of 1,260
could please someone give me the direct link to buy Liquid Carbon? I can't find it at the CAvalli Main Site....

As noted in the first post of the thread, and again just four posts before yours.... :rolleyes:

Sales start at NOON - 12:00 p.m. - Central time (GMT-6)

on the Cavalli web site http://www.cavalliaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back