☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run!
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #91 of 1,260
Alright, I'm going to back away from the cliff and just stick with my plans for a MJ2 in the future. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #92 of 1,260
My hope is that cavelli operates within the law. Are you suggesting they break the law?

Don't be disingenuous.  Your hope is that you get to enter the contest without buying an amp.  

You feel like this right now:

But what you've more likely done is ruined it for everyone else.  Cavalli is a small company and, even if they had the resources to comply with your threat, I don't know that they'd find it worth the expense.  The certainly can't ignore a legal threat like this because you have indeed pointed out that they're not in compliance with the law and they risk a lot by continuing the contest in its current form.  The only option left to them will be to cancel it all together.  Well done.

Can you outline the difference in sound between them?

It's been many months since I heard the Mjolnir 2 and I've never heard it non-stock tubes, which I understand makes a big difference.  If you must read about the difference rather than hear the difference, I suggest checking in the MJ2 or LC thread for folks who have heard both a bit more recently than I have.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #93 of 1,260
Do you think they'd be better off after the fact if someone contested the legitimacy of the contest?  Maybe it's a good thing for them that he brought up the issue.  Just sayin!

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #95 of 1,260
  Do you think they'd be better off after the fact if someone contested the legitimacy of the contest?  Maybe it's a good thing for them that he brought up the issue.  Just sayin!

Certainly at the end of the day Cavalli could be better off with no potential legal threat hanging over their head and an extra $1500+$4000 in the bank from the cancelled contest.  

But they're also potentially losing sales if they drop the contest.  And they'll have to assume that they can't trust the goodwill of the community ever again, meaning full legal CYA on every move they make going forward.  This will limit their options on things like promotions in the future.  

And other manufacturers reading this will have to consider the potential of legal threats from the community as well.  This could spill over beyond Cavalli to other sponsors trying to run fun little promotional giveaways.

But let's wait and see how Cavalli Audio reacts.  I could be overreacting here and nothing will come of it.  The slippery slope argument is a logical fallacy after all.  But economists talk about primary effects and secondary and tertiary effects... you have to think beyond the immediate impact of your actions to the logical results of those impacts as well.  

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #96 of 1,260
My hope is that cavelli operates within the law. Are you suggesting they break the law?

Thanks for ruining it for everyone.
Good job

Actually, my hope is two fold. One, keep Cavalli out of trouble, and two find out what the odds of winning are.

Nothing has been ruined. it very hard for small business owners to know all the rules and laws they must follow. I would rather not see Cavelli get in trouble.

Mostly, I just wanted to know what my odds of winning might be. That is why the law exists, to let consumers be informed.

Also, I wasn't making any threats. I have no intention of reporting anyone to anyone. I was just pointing out the rules for California. cavalli has been asked how many new amps will be in thei run and they have chosen not to answer. That is contrary to the law in that state they operate in. Sorry folks, but that's how it works when you are in business. You gotta pay taxes and you gotta follow the law. Got s problem with that, please write your California legislator.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #100 of 1,260
Odds are 249:1 get a golden LC ...

L3000.gif

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #101 of 1,260
Actually, my hope is two fold. One, keep Cavalli out of trouble, and two find out what the odds of winning are.

Nothing has been ruined. it very hard for small business owners to know all the rules and laws they must follow. I would rather not see Cavelli get in trouble.

Mostly, I just wanted to know what my odds of winning might be. That is why the law exists, to let consumers be informed.

Also, I wasn't making any threats. I have no intention of reporting anyone to anyone. I was just pointing out the rules for California. cavalli has been asked how many new amps will be in thei run and they have chosen not to answer. That is contrary to the law in that state they operate in. Sorry folks, but that's how it works when you are in business. You gotta pay taxes and you gotta follow the law. Got s problem with that, please write your California legislator.

You live in New Mexico and Cavalli is operating out of Texas.  If you're going to go legal on them, you might want to do it in a way that has even a small chance of standing up in court.

Is this one of those "it's not a threat, it's a promise" things?  Because there's very little doubt that your intention is to use the law to get the information you desire.  You've very clearly stated it in the same paragraph where you said it's not a threat.  I don't see how this could be seen as anything other than a legal threat.

EDIT - To lighten the mood a bit, I'll throw in a clip from my favorite movie of all time:

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #102 of 1,260
Regardless, I'm still interested in the LC, golden ticket or not.  It would be nice but it's not the end of the world.  One would hope Warren checked before offering the Willy Wonka tidbits.

Apr 5, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #103 of 1,260

You live in New Mexico and Cavalli is operating out of Texas.  If you're going to go legal on them, you might want to do it in a way that has even a small chance of standing up in court.

Is this one of those "it's not a threat, it's a promise" things?  Because there's very little doubt that your intention is to use the law to get the information you desire.  You've very clearly stated it in the same paragraph where you said it's not a threat.  I don't see how this could be seen as anything other than a legal threat.

EDIT - To lighten the mood a bit, I'll throw in a clip from my favorite movie of all time:

My apologies. I saw that Warren lives in LA, so I assumed. Wrong assumption on my part. Also wrong assumption on your part that I'm going "all legal on them". 

Also, I my apologies to the thread. I should have sent my note directly to Warren and not posted publicly. 

No more need for discussion on this topic. 

Apr 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #105 of 1,260

My apologies. I saw that Warren lives in LA, so I assumed. Wrong assumption on my part. Also wrong assumption on your part that I'm going "all legal on them". 

Also, I my apologies to the thread. I should have sent my note directly to Warren and not posted publicly. 

No more need for discussion on this topic. 

Any damage that may occur is more than likely already done.  And sending him the note in private serves the same purpose but hides your identity from the public.  I'll give you props for having the cojones to do it publicly, whether I agree with it or not.  It takes a certain kind of someone to remind the teacher that she forgot to assign homework right before we all leave for spring break.

You also may want to avoid using quotation marks if you're not going to quote my exact words.  That's not really what they're for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back